Star Trek: Discovery Season 3

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must be alone...I did not like the last couple of episodes.

Also seen where they had to do pretty much a rewrite where there was going to be a cliff hanger type ending and instead wrapped it up.
Signs seem to indicate that there might not be a season 4 now. :facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Also seen where they had to do pretty much a rewrite where there was going to be a cliff hanger type ending and instead wrapped it up.
boo! BOOOOO! I would Vulcan nerve pinch ya if I was standing next to you right now! :mad::p

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
boo! BOOOOO! I would Vulcan nerve pinch ya if I was standing next to you right now! :mad::p

Not happy about it either.
Really was enjoying the show and hopefully it will continue but it does not look good.

I was not impressed with Picard which kind of shocked me, thought I would have liked it better.

I hope they are still doing to do the spin off with Pike and Spock though.

On a related note...I have went through Voyager and Enterprise seasons multiple times on netflix. I have trouble watching TNG now, just has not aged well or something.
DS9...never really could get into that show. Have tried a few times and quit after a few episodes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really was enjoying the show and hopefully it will continue but it does not look good.

I was not impressed with Picard which kind of shocked me, thought I would have liked it better.

On a related note...I have went through Voyager and Enterprise seasons multiple times on netflix. I have trouble watching TNG now, just has not aged well or something.
DS9...never really could get into that show. Have tried a few times and quit after a few episodes.
I just got a story sent to my phone today, that S4 may bring back a Voyager character, and they had a picture of the doctor, which makes sense. What is it that makes you think they may not have another season? That would be mind bogglingly foolish, since I think it's the best series in the franchise.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I hear ya on DS9. My least favorite by far.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just got a story sent to my phone today, that S4 may bring back a Voyager character, and they had a picture of the doctor, which makes sense. What is it that makes you think they may not have another season? That would be mind bogglingly foolish, since I think it's the best series in the franchise.

Have no clue how legit but some of the info makes a strong case imo...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well. Dang. That was a pretty logical premise based on the information given. I had forgotten all about the Section 31 pronouncement before Michelle Yeoh was written out of Discovery. That could not be a good sign in and of itself.

Guess I must hold onto the slim hope Secret Hideout can bilk some other company out of hundreds of millions to keep the show going. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don't get the negativity toward the show from these guys. I found it very entertaining. Also, just the fact that they found a planet rich in dilithium sets up a whole new season, as they try to defend it, while adding more worlds to the Federation. There's also the discovery (no pun intended) that the spore drive can be manipulated by someone other than Stamets. I understand the "just in case finale", but that's far from conclusive.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get the negativity toward the show from these guys. I found it very entertaining. Also, just the fact that they found a planet rich in dilithium sets up a whole new season, as they try to defend it, while adding more worlds to the Federation. There's also the discovery (no pun intended) that the spore drive can be manipulated by someone other than Stamets. I understand the "just in case finale", but that's far from conclusive.
The series’ lifespan may not have been evaluated simply through a negative lens if their base assumption about the agreement split between Netflix and Secret Hideout is true. The end may just be due to a money thang. Dang it. :(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The series’ lifespan may not have been evaluated simply through a negative lens if their base assumption about the agreement split between Netflix and Secret Hideout is true. The end may just be due to a money thang. Dang it. :(
I didn't even know Netflix had anything to do with it. I assumed it was a CBS All Access original.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a hard time paying for another streaming service too, but Discovery and Picard are so good, I think it's worth it.

BTW, Discovery: S3 is much, much better than the first 2 seasons.

I'm clearly late to the party, but I just finished Season 3 and I have to say that I disagree. I don't think that it measures up to the incredibly high bar established in seasons one and two. I saw some very lazy writing occurring in season three that I had not seen before. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and think that it's tremendous, but this season had some big misses for me. Having said that, I think Star Trek is as strong as it's ever been, and Paramount + looks to be building their streaming service around it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You aren't alone. I was not a fan of the Emerald Chain nonsense or their attempted big baddie Osyraa. The whole thing was a big miss, and situations occurred and were resolved much too easily. Sadly reminded me of some of the decisions made that have rendered the Walking Dead as a 'dead show walking'.

But you needn't worry about Season 4 not happening. Not only is Paramount already well into production, they're planning their Paramount + streaming service around Discovery, Picard, and several other spinoffs. Star Trek is about as strong as it's ever been.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You aren't alone. I was not a fan of the Emerald Chain nonsense or their attempted big baddie Osyraa. The whole thing was a big miss, and situations occurred and were resolved much too easily. Sadly reminded me of some of the decisions made that have rendered the Walking Dead as a 'dead show walking'.

But you needn't worry about Season 4 not happening. Not only is Paramount already well into production, they're planning their Paramount + streaming service around Discovery, Picard, and several other spinoffs. Star Trek is about as strong as it's ever been.

Good news on season 4.

Oh and when I would see that Osyraa character on screen it made me think of a low budget she hulk show if they would have been made it in the early 80s.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news on season 4.

Oh and when I would see that Osyraa character on screen it made me think of a low budget she hulk show if they would have been made it in the early 80s.

I had multiple issues with that character.

First, she just looked ridiculous. For a show that is usually of superior quality, that stood out.

Second, the actress playing the part wasn't up t the task and not very good.

Thirdly, there was little, if any support for her or the Emerald Chain being the big baddies that they were made out to be. And when it came down to it, they folded like a cheap suit for an all-too-convenient season 3 wrap-up.

I'll give them the mulligan that maybe their plans were negatively affected by the COVID crisis. But I hope season 4 gets back to their prior high standards.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Good news on season 4.

Okay, I have to agree on the Osyraa character...or maybe just the actress who portrayed her. I was surprised to learn that almost the whole face is prosthetic. Seemed like a long way to go, to make it look like just an ugly woman.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, I have to agree on the Osyraa character...or maybe just the actress who portrayed her. I was surprised to learn that almost the whole face is prosthetic. Seemed like a long way to go, to make it look like just an ugly woman.

Another key issue that I had was the all-too-convenient beaming nonsense. Suddenly, the bad guys can just beam onto the ship and capture everyone. And just as conveniently, Burnham can have the computer 'beam the bad guys out'. That screams 'lazy writing' to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Another key issue that I had was the all-too-convenient beaming nonsense. Suddenly, the bad guys can just beam onto the ship and capture everyone. And just as conveniently, Burnham can have the computer 'beam the bad guys out'. That screams 'lazy writing' to me.
IDK, it seems somewhat of a natural jump in technology for that amount of time, to me.