Star Trek: Discovery Season 3

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK, it seems somewhat of a natural jump in technology for that amount of time, to me.

It's not so much the 'technology' aspect of it as the precedent it sets, and the laziness it allows. Now bad guys can take a ship in ten seconds and then be 'sent away' in one second. In between, there's some idle and convenient mention of 'transporter blocking' happening. That somehow disappeared when it needed to.

I was not a fan of that aspect of the story.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not so much the 'technology' aspect of it as the precedent it sets, and the laziness it allows. Now bad guys can take a ship in ten seconds and then be 'sent away' in one second. In between, there's some idle and convenient mention of 'transporter blocking' happening. That somehow disappeared when it needed to.

I was not a fan of that aspect of the story.
I get that. It's probably going to be difficult writing to accommodate all the new tech, especially without the continuity of prior alliances/enemies from all the other series. But I suppose they could have at least shown a way they got through the transporter blockers, then had one of the crew counter it to get them off the ship.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Okay, I have to agree on the Osyraa character...or maybe just the actress who portrayed her. I was surprised to learn that almost the whole face is prosthetic. Seemed like a long way to go, to make it look like just an ugly woman.
Prosthetic face that still looks exactly like the actress?
janet-kidder-unchained-arrow-500x334.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that. It's probably going to be difficult writing to accommodate all the new tech, especially without the continuity of prior alliances/enemies from all the other series. But I suppose they could have at least shown a way they got through the transporter blockers, then had one of the crew counter it to get them off the ship.

Yes. That would have been better writing.