Star Wars: Battlefront

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Now I don't play shooter games because I hate 1st person games but I know this game you can switch from 1st person to 3rd person on the fly. Not sure if the other gazillion shooter games do that?

Not sure, some I have played have both some do not. I am just curious on the amount of weapons/maps/ available as well as anything that would add to replay value.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I asked a simple question that apparently is too much for some to answer, at least in a civil manner.

Does this game offer anything that the gazillion of the other shooters out there do not? Besides the Star Wars skins?

Do you like the Battlefield series? Do you like first person shooters? Do you like Star Wars? This is the Battlefield engine, in the Star Wars universe. It has bigger maps than a game like COD, and it allows you to fly/drive vehicles if you want. If you didn't like Battlefield 3 or 4, you probably won't like this game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I asked a simple question that apparently is too much for some to answer, at least in a civil manner.

Does this game offer anything that the gazillion of the other shooters out there do not? Besides the Star Wars skins?

I've never played it, so how should I know? If you really want to know. Let the game be released and wait for all the reviews.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Do you like the Battlefield series? Do you like first person shooters? Do you like Star Wars? This is the Battlefield engine, in the Star Wars universe. It has bigger maps than a game like COD, and it allows you to fly/drive vehicles if you want. If you didn't like Battlefield 3 or 4, you probably won't like this game.

I just watched about 1 hour 15 minutes of this.
Great graphics.
I would say in some cases was too persistant in some of the missions.
Dead... Dead... Dead....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol, as soon as I get home, there is already an update for the game AND it DEMANDS I update my video card driver. haha.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm downloading it for PS4 right now.

Hi, I'm a PC.

217A.jpg

gambit187

Reaction score
If you a Star Wars fan and first person shoot...than this game is a must........Life Is Short Play Games And Smile.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
my only "complaints" so far are that weapons mods are non-existent pretty much...and theres no hardcore game mode. I always play HC on COD so I'd appreciate a harder mode on BFSW

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
i dont think so at all really.

battlefield always felt clunky, labored and meh graphics to me...this has none of that.

Interesting, I always felt Battlefield is more immersive than CoD. CoD has less depth to the game. What you call clunky, I call more engaging. I would liken it to Apple vs Android. Apple does a few things well but it's only those few things you can do and everything else is off limits. Meanwhile Android is far more powerful of a platform with all the doors open for you to do what you will with. Battlefield has always come off as a more cerebral game than CoD. At least, that's my opinion of the two.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Interesting, I always felt Battlefield is more immersive than CoD. CoD has less depth to the game. What you call clunky, I call more engaging. I would liken it to Apple vs Android. Apple does a few things well but it's only those few things you can do and everything else is off limits. Meanwhile Android is far more powerful of a platform with all the doors open for you to do what you will with. Battlefield has always come off as a more cerebral game than CoD. At least, that's my opinion of the two.

by clunky, i mean even down to the movements of your character. I used to have to almost max out the controller responsiveness setting to get battlefield to play smoothly. was a pain.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
by clunky, i mean even down to the movements of your character. I used to have to almost max out the controller responsiveness setting to get battlefield to play smoothly. was a pain.

Ahh I see. I've never really had an issue, but then again. My hayday of playing FPS was back in the 90s. I've played pretty sparingly since probably 2000. That is probably why I don't notice it like some hardcore gamers will today.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Can you play with a group of friends?
Seems like when you were the Rebels some guy in a Walker blasted everyone.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Haven't played a Battlefield game since BF 1942. That game was a lot of fun.

Wait..... I played 3 for like 30 minutes when I got it on a Humble Bundle. Didn't care for it.

Is there a single player option?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Can you play with a group of friends?
Seems like when you were the Rebels some guy in a Walker blasted everyone.

I saw an option that said co-op.

Haven't played a Battlefield game since BF 1942. That game was a lot of fun.

Wait..... I played 3 for like 30 minutes when I got it on a Humble Bundle. Didn't care for it.

Is there a single player option?

I also saw what looked like a single player mode.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I wish it was Battlefield in the Star Wars universe, but it's really not at all.
Not enjoying this game very much, just feels like a dumbed down FPS.
Game is visually great though.
No aim down sight, and constant jumping around 20 feet in the air, and the shield system.. just not liking it.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I wish it was Battlefield in the Star Wars universe, but it's really not at all.
Not enjoying this game very much, just feels like a dumbed down FPS.
Game is visually great though.
No aim down sight, and constant jumping around 20 feet in the air, and the shield system.. just not liking it.

no aim down sight? I've been ADS'ing on almost every kill ive gotten.