Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by YosemiteSam, Nov 14, 2015.

1. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

46,291 Messages
    22,714 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. I looked at the huge monitors then decided against them as they are far to big to be useful. You can't see the entire screen easily when they are close to you. I've settled on 22.5" monitors and I have two of them. Both Samsung. I love them. They are as close to perfectly sized as I think I can get. I could probably do an one maybe two inches bigger, but not with two monitors. With two monitors, even that would be slightly too big.

2. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,750 Messages
    11,252 Likes Received
    Yeah, my K/D ratio hovers around 1:2. I get beat a lot, some of it is comical. I am still having a lot of fun with the game. What's your preferred game mode?

I think most of that is due to people bailing at the end. This game seems to balance it pretty well, at least on the Battlefield scale, lol.

3. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

2,268 Messages
    1,526 Likes Received
    I've started playing blast, which I'm pretty good at. The 20 vs 20 wars is ridiculous

4. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

11,503 Messages
    5,727 Likes Received
    Just picked it up and so far so good. I like the larger scale battles personally since I'm used to playing bf4. My kid is booked on it too.

5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,740 Messages
    7,478 Likes Received
    Booked on phonics worked for him.

6. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

6,616 Messages
    6,328 Likes Received
    lol, but typing on phonics didnt.

7. YosemiteSam

46,291 Messages
    22,714 Likes Received
    Blast is what I believe I play. Basically Team Death Match.

They really need to add team balancing though. Sometimes it's just awful when one team has far better players than the other. Once it gets like that you basically have to leave that server because it won't re-balance and it's rout after rout after rout.

8. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,916 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    This is correct.

Bold is my problem. In a FPS, shooting from the hip should be completely useless for anything other than point blank shooting, or cover fire.

The game is not a bad game, and as I've stated, man does it look good! I just feel the game has a lower skill floor and ceiling than I like in my FPS's. Not to say the skill ceiling is super low, there is definitely a way to differentiate yourself, just not on the scale as BF4 for example (which has a lower skill floor/ceiling than previous BF installments itself)

TellerMorrow34 likes this.
  9. DallasDomination

11,503 Messages
    5,727 Likes Received
    When I'm running around feeling all confident after picking off a few kids, only to see Darth Vader running right at me!! Ah hell lol.

Cover 2 likes this.
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,300 Messages
    652 Likes Received
    Halo :)

Now that's the kind of skill level I like. Teamwork to control map + straight up shooting skill.

11. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,750 Messages
    11,252 Likes Received
    I'm a little disappointed in the game now that I've logged time on it. The blasters are all pretty much the same and the map variety is lacking. I wish they would have canned a few modes and expanded the map variety. Unfortunately, I feel like they just made this game to sell more map pack and weapons DLC.

pjtoadie likes this.
  12. YosemiteSam

46,291 Messages
    22,714 Likes Received
    I believe there are several new maps coming out that are free of added cost. Not sure when, but that's what I was told. Of course there is DLC stuff coming too.

13. TellerMorrow34

TellerMorrow34 BraveHeartFan

28,358 Messages
    5,076 Likes Received
    I have that same feeling on this as at this point.

It's disappointing there is no campaign, there aren't enough maps, and they're all set up to be extremely camper friendly.

The game will be something fun to hop on once in a while and play for a little bit but it's not now, nor do I believe it ever will be, a game you'll jump on regularly and log lots of hours on.

It's no where near as good as Black Ops 3. In fact if it wasn't for my son liking Battlefront so much I'd most likely take it to Gamestop and trade it in with my fresh employee extra credit and such.

14. DallasDomination

11,503 Messages
    5,727 Likes Received
    I think if I play this game too much by the time I go back to bf4 I'm gonna have a terrible shot. There's no skill in shooting these weapons.

15. YosemiteSam

46,291 Messages
    22,714 Likes Received
    I played that Stop the Walker last night. It was cool, but it took a while to figure out exactly what I was supposed to be doing. I suppose I should have read up a bit before playing it. I took a lot of deaths figuring it out heh.

16. YosemiteSam

46,291 Messages
    22,714 Likes Received
    I don't even know what this means. I didn't play BF4, because I heard it was a turd of a game. I have played several BF games though and I liken this game to those. I have no idea what you mean by no skill in shooting. It's the same ****, different skin.

17. DallasDomination

11,503 Messages
    5,727 Likes Received
    There is virtually zero recoil with any of the weapons. Anyone that knows anything about 1st person shooter games will tell you the same. In bf4 you have different recoil patterns for each gun, clip sizes, reload speed, fire rate etc. All of which play a factor on how you use a weapon. I dont consider this game to be very skillfull in terms of shooting. Yeah there's strategic aspects but in terms of shooting it's aim and spray.

18. YosemiteSam

46,291 Messages
    22,714 Likes Received
    They do have recoil. Like the E-11, if you just unload with it, you will shoot all over the place. You have to do short firing bursts or a shot at a time to actually be accurate with it.

19. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,750 Messages
    11,252 Likes Received
    Yeah, but there's no penalty for hip firing vs aiming.

20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

45,305 Messages
    30,236 Likes Received
    Play/Missions/Training/Endor Chase

So I graduated the Beggar's Canyon mission scenario and decided to move on to the Endor Chase training mission. I said to myself that a speeder wouldn't be a problem for someone who can manage an X-Wing fighter.

This is hilarious! I've died so many times playing this mission that I decide to record one. This is an example why you don't want to play with me on Battlefront :p :

WATCH OUT FOR THE TREES! :laugh: