'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Announced

speedkilz88

Reaction score
http://mashable.com/2014/04/29/star-wars-episode-vii-cast-announced/

Expected Release Date: December 2015

Star-Wars-Cast.jpg

"Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film," read the press release on Starwars.com.

If you're unfamiliar with the other names, you might remember Boyega from 24: Live Another Day, Driver from Girls, Isaac from Inside Llewelyn Davis, Gleeson from About Time and various Harry Potters. Serkis, of course, played the CGI Gollum in Lord of the Rings.

British newcomer Daisy Ridley is the least well known of the new team. You'll know her if you happened to watch the eighth episode of the second season of the PBS show Mr. Selfridge, where she plays a character called Roxy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Max von Sydow would make an excellent Jedi or Sith.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
How are Michael Fassbender or Benedict Cumberbatch not in this? But I don't expect it to be anything more than a money grab like the last "Star Wars" films that were more of Star Wars theme park interpretation.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Max Von Sydow for a dying ancient Sith lord and Adam Driver as his apprentice PLEAZE.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Alec Guinness was 63 years old when Star Wars came out in 1977. Mark Hamill is 63 and Harrison Ford is 72 right now.

CashMan

Reaction score
So...JJ ruins Star Trek, now he is set to ruin Star Wars?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you watch the two films? How was that lens flare?
The re-imagined Star Trek? It has fared pretty good in my opinion. He certainly didn't copy the old formula, which was the intention used for breathing new life into the franchise for future generations.

CashMan

Reaction score
The re-imagined Star Trek? It has fared pretty good in my opinion. He certainly didn't copy the old formula, which was the intention used for breathing new life into the franchise for future generations.

I am not saying it bombed at the box office, I LOVE Trek, IMO he ruined it. The second movie, was essentially Khan all over again.