Star Wars The Last Jedi Spoiler Thread

joseephuss

Reaction score
Sorry don't agree at all with that take. He comes across as a coward, quitter, and murderer.. not one of these traits he demonstrated after his training with Yoda. Like I said my 11 year old son who I said nothing to who has watched every film on his own many times immediately asked me why Luke was as he said such a dork in this movie..we all have our opinions and this is mine. I'm a diehard SW fan we lined up and waiting on opening night like all the other recent ones as a family. After TFA we walked out doing cartwheels the crowd inside was cheering after this people coming out were quiet, no cheering inside during the movie, and when it was over there were even some boos...the fact is this is the lowest rated SW film rated by fans the lowest. I don't think I am alone here. Very disappointed am I.

Luke has been a dork in every movie. He wasn't portrayed as a murderer because he didn't follow through. He knew it wasn't the right thing to do. In ROTJ, he was about to murder the emperor, but Vader blocked him.

I don't think you need to be a fan of this film. I just do not agree at all that Luke's powers and abilities weren't that great. He is much more powerful in this movie than any of the others.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Luke has been a dork in every movie. He wasn't portrayed as a murderer because he didn't follow through. He knew it wasn't the right thing to do. In ROTJ, he was about to murder the emperor, but Vader blocked him.

I don't think you need to be a fan of this film. I just do not agree at all that Luke's powers and abilities weren't that great. He is much more powerful in this movie than any of the others.

Well, Leia was flying thru space and revived herself when it was obvious she had no oxygen and was frozen. Guess she had the same powers as Luke.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think that there are people who like to think that it goes deeper. Much like those same people felt about Snoke's origins and Rey's parents. And, thus far, none of that speculation has been proven to be the least bit accurate.

The possibility still exists for JJ Abrams to undo the choices that Rian Johnson has made in this film, but it's important to keep in mind that these directors have been in constant contact with the studio and one another during this process, and these films aren't being made in a vacuum.

Fan speculation is interesting, and sometimes more interesting than what they decide to put on film. But that's all that it is - fan speculation.

There’s no undoing needed. These two are following a mapped out storyboard.

You’ll see.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

A dork...don't agree at all. He had passion and desire to be the best pilot and jedi in the galaxy...hardly a dork. I didn't say he murdered he was portrayed as a murderer regardless if he did it or not. The same Luke who refused to fight his father because he could sense the good in him. Rey can sense the good in Kylo but the most powerful Jedi could not and wanted to take him down...this was all added in this movie and goes far outside the lines of what you are depicted. I'm a fan of the movie because I will always be a true SW fan, however I am not a fan of this particular story and came out very disappointed. As I pointed out earlier this movie is still sitting as 57% fan displeasure. Ranking as the worst SW movie ever according to fans. That is pretty darn telling if you ask me. Anyway I don't have time to go back and forth its FF championship week and I am very busy with that. I respect your opinion and Dallas East..glad you two enjoyed it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
A dork...don't agree at all. He had passion and desire to be the best pilot and jedi in the galaxy...hardly a dork. I didn't say he murdered he was portrayed as a murderer regardless if he did it or not. The same Luke who refused to fight his father because he could sense the good in him. Rey can sense the good in Kylo but the most powerful Jedi could not and wanted to take him down...this was all added in this movie and goes far outside the lines of what you are depicted. I'm a fan of the movie because I will always be a true SW fan, however I am not a fan of this particular story and came out very disappointed. As I pointed out earlier this movie is still sitting as 57% fan displeasure. Ranking as the worst SW movie ever according to fans. That is pretty darn telling if you ask me. Anyway I don't have time to go back and forth its FF championship week and I am very busy with that. I respect your opinion and Dallas East..glad you two enjoyed it.

This is interesting to me... can Rey feel good in him or does she feel he can be turned.... but turned to what? Turned on Snoke? Maybe that’s what she say in general?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s no undoing needed. These two are following a mapped out storyboard.

You’ll see.

Sure thing. And what will be the story then when it doesn't happen? Like it didn't for this film?

I suppose Abrams will get the blame, just like Johnson has, for not doing what the fans expected.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sure thing. And what will be the story then when it doesn't happen? Like it didn't for this film?

I suppose Abrams will get the blame, just like Johnson has, for not doing what the fans expected.

I understand your skepticism. I was there with you.

I believe ... This story is truly being told as one complete story but in three very well connected parts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand your skepticism. I was there with you.

I believe ... This story is truly being told as one complete story but in three very well connected parts.

For the record, I hope you're right. But by all indications, and direct quotes from Johnson, he made his own choices and now Abrams will make his decisions for where the third film goes.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
For the record, I hope you're right. But by all indications, and direct quotes from Johnson, he made his own choices and now Abrams will make his decisions for where the third film goes.

Understood. Like I said not trying to change minds... I’m more interested in exploring theories and possibilities with you guys...

seems more like they're making these decisions on the fly.

Seems like they are.
Hoping they are not.
I’m more interested in exploring theories and possibilities with you guys...

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Understood. Like I said not trying to change minds... I’m more interested in exploring theories and possibilities with you guys...

Seems like they are.
Hoping they are not.
They are absolutely doing this on the fly. Rian Johnson even said so. IMO they should have just let JJ do all three of them. Although TFA had it's issues it was much closer to what a Star Wars movie is supposed to be. I about puked during the opening scene between Poe and Hux. I felt like I was watching a wanna be Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Hux was awful and could they have turned Kylo into more of a whiney baby poopy pants? you know fans are pissed when tons of them are saying the prequels were better than TLJ.

As for theories and possibilities R. Johnson took a big dump on that. The force and the Jedi/Sith mythology is meaningless now because of him.

joseephuss

Reaction score

I don't know how the ranking or 57% fan displeasure determines whether Luke was powerful or not. I think he was clearly powerful. More powerful than in any other movie. That doesn't mean it was a good movie, a bad movie or even if I liked the movie.

Luke was most definitely a dork in the original movies. I think that is one of the reasons those movies connected with so many people. He wasn't the traditional hero.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't know how the ranking or 57% fan displeasure determines whether Luke was powerful or not. I think he was clearly powerful. More powerful than in any other movie. That doesn't mean it was a good movie, a bad movie or even if I liked the movie.

Luke was most definitely a dork in the original movies. I think that is one of the reasons those movies connected with so many people. He wasn't the traditional hero.

For me, Han was a dork.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They are absolutely doing this on the fly. Rian Johnson even said so. IMO they should have just let JJ do all three of them. Although TFA had it's issues it was much closer to what a Star Wars movie is supposed to be. I about puked during the opening scene between Poe and Hux. I felt like I was watching a wanna be Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Hux was awful and could they have turned Kylo into more of a whiney baby poopy pants? you know fans are pissed when tons of them are saying the prequels were better than TLJ.

As for theories and possibilities R. Johnson took a big dump on that. The force and the Jedi/Sith mythology is meaningless now because of him.

Agreed on opening sequence. I was like when are they gonna stop? Lol
Rian - I don’t believe that completely.
It seems like they dumped on it,,, I believe they are taking in new direction. But still true to Star Wars mythos.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Agreed on opening sequence. I was like when are they gonna stop? Lol
Rian - I don’t believe that completely.
It seems like they dumped on it,,, I believe they are taking in new direction. But still true to Star Wars mythos.
RJ specifically said that the direction of this film was clearly up to him and that JJ can take it wherever he wants to. He even elaborated that he didn't have to follow any distinct premise. The "new direction" they went completely destroyed the beloved mythology of the Star Wars universe.

Quick example: who are the two sith that rule now?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
seems more like they're making these decisions on the fly.

I can certainly see where it looks that way. Especially when Abrams introduces storylines that Johnson seemingly discards. But, again, this stuff isn't happening in a vacuum or without Disney's input.

I can't blame any fans who might be upset with the decisions made, but likewise, I don't get on Johnson for making them either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Seems like they are.
Hoping they are not.

I'd be interested in exploring theories too. Makes for good conversation. But the fact is that nobody knows what's going to happen next. And sometimes, as we've seen, people get upset when things don't go the way they expect.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RJ specifically said that the direction of this film was clearly up to him and that JJ can take it wherever he wants to. He even elaborated that he didn't have to follow any distinct premise. The "new direction" they went completely destroyed the beloved mythology of the Star Wars universe.

Quick example: who are the two sith that rule now?

I hear ya... but the rule of wasn’t always a rule. And... it was rarely respected.