Statement from Jerry Jones on Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, Oct 11, 2020.

1. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

13,381 Messages
    8,577 Likes Received
    No way jerry wrote that or even said it.
    no jerry speak at all in that, it was a statement written by someone else and jerry ok'd it and released it.

2. DandyDon52

13,381 Messages
    8,577 Likes Received
    IMO jerry was sold on dak, but dak would not sign the 5 year deal.
    Dak wanted a 4 year deal . He wanted that so in 4 years he could sign another deal at even higher rate of pay.
    He got greedy, and now that might come back on him. I blame the agent too, the agent was only thinking about maximizing his cut and rep.
    A good agent would have told dak to sign that 5 year deal, I mean what is the difference in 1 year??
    I do think that dak will overcome the injury and be back though.

AmariChill likes this.
  3. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,677 Messages
    6,202 Likes Received
    Just words.....

4. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,393 Messages
    22,544 Likes Received
    Great to see the Dallas FO is heartbroken by Dak's injury. It's always good to hear those sentiments.

I'd like to see Andy Dalton being retained by the team but I'd imagine he'll prefer to start somewhere.

If not, however, I'm confident he should provide us with some capable backup help for several years.

I'm wondering if Jerry and Stephen would allow their emotions to overpay Dak later on, but I doubt it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    AmariChill likes this.
  5. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,393 Messages
    22,544 Likes Received
    There's always that probability but Jerry's a pretty emotional creature.

We shall see, whenever the next contract time comes up. o_O

What does Jerry & Son love most, the dough or Dak?

Like they say . . . business is business! :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  6. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    I see idiocy still abounds.

7. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

11,530 Messages
    15,871 Likes Received
    Don’t bother. Same guy said Kellen Moore would take the starting job from Romo lol

8. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

19,637 Messages
    20,290 Likes Received
    I think they planned on getting a deal done after this season. If Daks agent wasn’t going for mahomes money he could have had a deal done. Dak got on the phone with them in the last hours and got a deal done he would sign. He basically did his agents work. When the agent parted ways with the company Dak should have stayed with the company instead of staying with him. He has the structure worked out that is acceptable to him. I think JJ throws a bit more money in the bucket now and gets it done. As soon as Dak can get back on the field and show the injury is healed and he can move like before he will get signed.

AmariChill likes this.
  9. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,805 Messages
    3,761 Likes Received
    He is not accurate enough ? Cant throw the long ball. Cant fit it into tight windows ,Wont be able to run after the injury heals . Dak will prove you WRONG AGAIN as he only leads the NFL at this point in most categories .

You are just not accurate enough to be able to post anything but annoying smacked *** statements .

10. Fastpitch Dad

Fastpitch Dad Well-Known Member

735 Messages
    907 Likes Received
    Perfectly said, Jerry had always shown great care for his players and their families. He may have a lot of warts, but not caring isn't one of them.

waving monkey likes this.
  11. Dorsett33

Dorsett33 Well-Known Member

1,100 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Ummm...actually it's the opposite. Dak was the one that wanted the shorter deal because of the new NFL deal coming up and would allow him to come back to the table. Dallas and Jerry wanted the longer deal.

12. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

1,299 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    Here's the point I'm trying to make. There's a bigger difference between 4 years a 1 year than 4 years and 5 years. If they really wanted him and were willing to pay his price I see no reason they wouldn't give up on that 1 single years to keep him here long-term. I think it was more likely they saw they Dak's camp wasn't moving from the 4 years. Once they saw that, they could stick to 5 and give them an out by saying to the fans "Hey, we tried. He didn't want to be here." Just my opinion.

13. Dorsett33

1,100 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Oh ok. I definitely think Dak's agent is in over his head with this deal. My opinion.

14. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

1,299 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    He was. That's why he got fired lol.

15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

25,374 Messages
    14,880 Likes Received
    Disagree part A. Agree part B.

16. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

6,018 Messages
    4,241 Likes Received
    Stats in similar points of their careers don't back up your claims that Dak is better. They had the same similar stats hence why I said Dalton, Dak, Smith, Cousins are all the same dang QB.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  17. DandyDon52

13,381 Messages
    8,577 Likes Received
    i heard jerry on the news tonight, and he said dak is still the future, but then he said in his own way, dak needs to sign a team friendly deal.

18. Dorsett33

1,100 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Oh...didn't know he got fired

19. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,813 Messages
    7,503 Likes Received
    Jerry will not cut Dak it is a bad PR for him so Dak will lower his asking price or term ... Jerry will sign him for many years to come... Now If you ask me I think the best option for him to walk and for the Cowboys to find someone else but Jerry is the one that matter .

20. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

6,846 Messages
    8,336 Likes Received
    maybe he can borrow flippers shoe or floppy foot brace.