Stats Dak vs Wentz

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was only talking about opposing team’s defensive game plans and mindset when they plan to face the Eagles and the Cowboys...it’s quite different.

Of course the two teams have different talent.

Good luck making the case that’s played in Wentz’ favor overall.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Blaming a QB for how poorly he played as a rookie is an odd route to go.

Carson has shown clear progress every year as a starter. 2016 is still Dak’s best season

It funny, not ha ha funny, that both have been in the league the same a mount of time yet Prescott beats Wentz in EVERY category except 1.

Birdgang

Reaction score
And Dallas hasn’t generally had the defensive support Wentz has had since he’s been in the league. That team won a Superbowl with its backup QB. Don’t pretend they’ve got a roster disadvantage to Dak's Cowboys.

Wentz also has not had the stability that Dak has had on Offense.

2016 Both Rookies one went into a system that has be in place and key players already there. The other got a Rookie HC new system so its not even like a Vet could help guide him. imo " Romo" in Daks year was huge .

2017 Dak Pretty much unchanged, should be improving with more time and experience. Wentz Big changes all but 1 WR new and 3 new RBs. TEs same.

2018 Dak finally had a few changes Dez, Butle, Twill and Witten . It showed big time and Dak got better with more time with new guy. Wentz no OTA / preseason/ first 2 games. The injury bug hit Eagles at that point ., No need to get into rest as Key positions were rotating doors.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz also has not had the stability that Dak has had on Offense.

2016 Both Rookies one went into a system that has be in place and key players already there. The other got a Rookie HC new system so its not even like a Vet could help guide him. imo " Romo" in Daks year was huge .

2017 Dak Pretty much unchanged, should be improving with more time and experience. Wentz Big changes all but 1 WR new and 3 new RBs. TEs same.

2018 Dak finally had a few changes Dez, Butle, Twill and Witten . It showed big time and Dak got better with more time with new guy. Wentz no OTA / preseason/ first 2 games. The injury bug hit Eagles at that point ., No need to get into rest as Key positions were rotating doors.

That explains some of why Dak has outproduced him over the course of the first three years of their career. I won’t go into the injuries we had in 2017 that caused Dak’s performance dip since he’s outperformed Wentz overall and so it doesn’t really matter.

What’s the reason why Foles has outproduced Wentz in the same time with the same team and the same situation?

Birdgang

Reaction score
That explains some of why Dak has outproduced him over the course of the first three years of their career. I won’t go into the injuries we had in 2017 that caused Dak’s performance dip since he’s outperformed Wentz overall and so it doesn’t really matter.

What’s the reason why Foles has outproduced Wentz in the same time with the same team and the same situation?

Besides coming off Injury He didn't. Wentz actually was on pace to beat his MVP stats, But then that's where injuries come in as last year team was a mess. Yes injuries are part of the game we got hit hard in 2017as well lost Peters , Sproles, Hicks, Maragos, Sturgis and Wentz . Foles didnt play better, either year, the media was spewing BS left and right to make a controversy for stories. That was one of the reasons Nick was gone because it started after SB. I think it caused a problem in the Locker room "brother inlaw works for birds" My sister said employees signed a NDA about something hmm. I say this all the time, you cant really judge them and use for purposes a lot do situations are very different. Stats wise they were not very far. Foles has shown he can play at a high level 2013 even 2014. But the same thing people bust on Foles ... find me a season Nick Foles played 16 games

C42

Reaction score

Foles had 2 real good games each year (including the postseason). Foles' offense was also simplified for him by Doug and co. There's a reason why he was the backup.

As for the earlier comments on Philly's defense, we aren't comparing teams. Just players. The defense isn't blocking or catching passes from Dak/Wentz. There is some effect as if the defense isn't great the QB has to throw the ball more to keep their team in the game. But I bet there isn't that big of a difference in attempts per game. Hell, Wentz may even be ahead.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Foles had 2 real good games each year (including the postseason). Foles' offense was also simplified for him by Doug and co. There's a reason why he was the backup.

As for the earlier comments on Philly's defense, we aren't comparing teams. Just players. The defense isn't blocking or catching passes from Dak/Wentz. There is some effect as if the defense isn't great the QB has to throw the ball more to keep their team in the game. But I bet there isn't that big of a difference in attempts per game. Hell, Wentz may even be ahead.

And yet...your team plays better for Foles. Go figure.

You’re fooling yourself if you don’t understand how much a good defense helps a QB.

Birdgang

Reaction score

You’re fooling yourself if you don’t understand how much a good defense helps a QB.

Good defense is very important .... But I think having an offense that can take time off the clock and chip away is better. I think Dak Zeke and now Cooper will master that. If Tfred comes back ...... It could be a good year for you guys. I watched games where Dallas takes up almost a whole 1/4 on a drive.... masterful

C42

Reaction score

Alright so explain then, how does a good defense inflates or deflates a QB's numbers (particularly Dak and Wentz)? I'm willing to listen.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yes. Team stat though. A lot of players go into a win, not just one.

Agree 100%.

QB W/L records are quite literally the dumbest stat in sports. I’d also argue it’s a reflection of the intellect of the individual trying to use it.

Reactions: C42

Hadenough

Reaction score
Besides coming off Injury He didn't. Wentz actually was on pace to beat his MVP stats, But then that's where injuries come in as last year team was a mess. Yes injuries are part of the game we got hit hard in 2017as well lost Peters , Sproles, Hicks, Maragos, Sturgis and Wentz . Foles didnt play better, either year, the media was spewing BS left and right to make a controversy for stories. That was one of the reasons Nick was gone because it started after SB. I think it caused a problem in the Locker room "brother inlaw works for birds" My sister said employees signed a NDA about something hmm. I say this all the time, you cant really judge them and use for purposes a lot do situations are very different. Stats wise they were not very far. Foles has shown he can play at a high level 2013 even 2014. But the same thing people bust on Foles ... find me a season Nick Foles played 16 games
Foles started the first 4 games last season and didnt look that good. Wentz is the better QB hands down. The whole playbook opens up with Wentz where Foles performs best in RPO.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think if Wentz can get healthy and stay healthy over time he will distance himself from Dak.I know this is gonna ruffle some feathers and leave a bad taste in some peoples mouth but Wentz has the potential to be an elite top 3 QB where Dak has the potential to make it to 10!

Birdgang

Reaction score
Foles started the first 4 games last season and didnt look that good. Wentz is the better QB hands down. The whole playbook opens up with Wentz where Foles performs best in RPO.

Wentz went back in week 3 vs Colts Foles Came back again week 12 after Dallas game. Most of the fans were not happy about them throwing him in so soon. Alshon was not back yet lost, Wallace and starting RBs hurt. Then the no time with the players to replace ones lost in FA.... he had no time with the guys. I just hope to see some great games the next 10 years and all teams in NFCE healthy.... That way there can be no doubt
t

Birdgang

Reaction score
I think if Wentz can get healthy and stay healthy over time he will distance himself from Dak.I know this is gonna ruffle some feathers and leave a bad taste in some peoples mouth but Wentz has the potential to be an elite top 3 QB where Dak has the potential to make it to 10!

the biggest thing people will miss or ignore. Both QBs good enough to win the SB so does it matter who has better stats?

HungryLion

Reaction score

If by whole by whole playbook you mean, throw it to Ertz over and over again. Then yes the whole playbook opens up with Wentz.

Foles also started the first 2 games last season and went 1-1. Carson. Started 11 games and went 5-6. Foles then won 3 straight games in the regular season and a playoff game.

So including playoffs. Foles was 5-2. Last year. Carson was 5-6.

But please tell us again how the eagles team played better with Carson last season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If by whole by whole playbook you mean, throw it to Ertz over and over again. Then yes the whole playbook opens up with Wentz.

Foles also started the first 2 games last season and went 1-1. Carson. Started 11 games and went 5-6. Foles then won 3 straight games in the regular season and a playoff game.

But please tell us again how the eagles team played better with Carson last season.
Evidently the Eagles also think Wentz is hands down the better QB also otherwise Foles would still be there.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Evidently the Eagles also think Wentz is hands down the better QB also otherwise Foles would still be there.

He has more upside sure.

But you claimed the eagles played better with Wentz last year. They didn’t, not even close. So your claim that you used to support your argument, was just outright false.

The cowboy front office is about to sign Dak to an extension. So clearly they think he is the best option. Hasn’t stopped you from crying about it for a while now.

Birdgang

Reaction score

you're mistaken .... Go check stats, Wentz spread the ball more and threw more deep balls. Where some of these miss conceptions come from is a wonder.