Stats Dak vs Wentz

HungryLion

Reaction score
you're actually wrong .... Go check stats, Wentz spread the ball more and threw more deep balls. Where some of these miss conceptions come from is a wonder.

That’s all fine. The point was, the eagles played better with Foles last season.

Either way, my argument has never been Wentz isn’t a good QB with a lot of potential. It’s been against people who are completely unrealistic about the Cowboys starting QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He has more upside sure.

But you claimed the eagles played better with Wentz last year. They didn’t, not even close. So your claim that you used to support your argument, was just outright false.

The cowboy front office is about to sign Dak to an extension. So clearly they think he is the best option. Hasn’t stopped you from crying about it for a while now.
I said Foles started last year and didnt look good. Then I said wentz is the better QB hands down. So your wrong! I'm talking about overall!
Oh I see! you have sour grapes about me not supporting the idea of giving Dak 30 mil. Well get over it!

HungryLion

Reaction score
I said Foles started last year and didnt look good. Then I said wentz is the better QB hands down. So your wrong! I'm talking about overall!
Oh I see! you have sour grapes about me not supporting the idea of giving Dak 30 mil. Well get over it!

Foles looked just as good as Wentz in a bunch of games. That’s the point. That’s why you were wrong.

And I don’t really care if you are crying about Dak being extended. If anything it’s funny that you’re miserable about it.

But when you say completely false things. Get ready to have people tell you that it’s wrong.

Using exclamation points doesn’t make your argument stronger!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Team stat though. A lot of players go into a win, not just one.
Wasn't your question how other players (defense) contributed to a QBs stats?

If the Cowboys defense limits the opponents time of possession then that should help the Cowboys QB also.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Foles is a great Qb if you put the correct system around. It really stinks what Chip Kelly did to him.

.. 2013 was amazing .... even 2014 when you factor in he lost Jackson and Mccoy was injured half the season didn't come back until he got hurt. Then went to QB killer I'm Fisher ... who's all 3 QBs failed u Derek him but 2 of 3 went o SB the other NFCCG.

C42

Reaction score
Wasn't your question how other players (defense) contributed to a QBs stats?

If the Cowboys defense limits the opponents time of possession then that should help the Cowboys QB also.
How does is inflate or deflate the QBs numbers though? Let’s say they limit the opponent’s TOP. Would that allow the QB to throw more (because like I said before, Wentz probably has as many or more attempts per game than Dak). The team’s defense does not have a direct impact on the QB’s performance.

C42

Reaction score
Foles looked just as good as Wentz in a bunch of games. That’s the point. That’s why you were wrong.

And I don’t really care if you are crying about Dak being extended. If anything it’s funny that you’re miserable about it.

But when you say completely false things. Get ready to have people tell you that it’s wrong.

Using exclamation points doesn’t make your argument stronger!

In the past two years he had 4 games where he looked great. The NFC title game and the SB were two the first year. Last year there was two as well. He was the backup for a reason. Our playbook expands when Wentz is in there.

TWOK11

Reaction score
you're mistaken .... Go check stats, Wentz spread the ball more and threw more deep balls. Where some of these miss conceptions come from is a wonder.

Dak has a better completion %, YPA, TD % and fewer INTs on passes traveling more than 20 yards in the air. The main difference in Wentz throws such passes about 30% more than Dak, more a function of the offense than his ability.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does is inflate or deflate the QBs numbers though? Let’s say they limit the opponent’s TOP. Would that allow the QB to throw more (because like I said before, Wentz probably has as many or more attempts per game than Dak). The team’s defense does not have a direct impact on the QB’s performance.

No, being ahead in games vs being behind in games definitely affects QBs stats.

Dak and most QBs take more risks when behind on the scoreboard in the 4th quarter leading to more INTs.

The pass rush intensifies when teams have to abandon the run in an attempt to score without using up the clock.

Completion percentage likely goes down in those late game behind on the scoreboard situations. Yards per completion might actually go up.

Attempts will increase in those late game situations because teams pass instead of run; however, if the other team dominated time of possession then overall attempts would be down for the QB with the worse defense.

The effect of a good/bad defense is not going to make a scrub QB have great stats or a great QB have scrub stats but for closely matched QB talents a good/bad defense could definitely cause one to have significantly better stats than the other.

Keep in mind that the effect is doubled when comparing a QB with a good defense to a QB with a bad defense.
Example
QB w/good defense +5%
QB w/bad defense -5%
Total Diff 10%

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, being ahead in games vs being behind in games definitely affects QBs stats.

Dak and most QBs take more risks when behind on the scoreboard in the 4th quarter leading to more INTs.

The pass rush intensifies when teams have to abandon the run in an attempt to score without using up the clock.

Completion percentage likely goes down in those late game behind on the scoreboard situations. Yards per completion might actually go up.

Attempts will increase in those late game situations because teams pass instead of run; however, if the other team dominated time of possession then overall attempts would be down for the QB with the worse defense.

The effect of a good/bad defense is not going to make a scrub QB have great stats or a great QB have scrub stats but for closely matched QB talents a good/bad defense could definitely cause one to have significantly better stats than the other.

Keep in mind that the effect is doubled when comparing a QB with a good defense to a QB with a bad defense.
Example
QB w/good defense +5%
QB w/bad defense -5%
Total Diff 10%

Yes, we’ll all keep in mind your completely made-up and arbitrary percentages. Thanks.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Dak has a better completion %, YPA, TD % and fewer INTs on passes traveling more than 20 yards in the air. The main difference in Wentz throws such passes about 30% more than Dak, more a function of the offense than his ability.

Talking about Foles and Wentz with that comment, but i get it. This thread has gone in so many different directions .... Math class, Dak , Wentz, Foles, peoples personal feelings towards each other ..... Its likes The Maury show

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
D7iUXSBWwAAXEER

Birdgang

Reaction score

You get a better representation by breaking them down yearly. Remember Goff had to deal with Jeff Fisher mess where he went through 2 other QBs ... they fact is his Ex QBs after his departure played well . 2 went Superbowls and one went to NFCCG.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You get a better representation by breaking them down yearly. Remember Goff had to deal with Jeff Fisher mess where he went through 2 other QBs ... they fact is his Ex QBs after his departure played well . 2 went Superbowls and one went to NFCCG.
Those are general stats. I believe its PFF has stats that go into a QBs performance under different situations.

Sydla

Reaction score
Louis Riddick is all in on Wentz.

Predicted he would be MVP in 2019.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

So do we also remove Dak's games this season without a #1 WR or either of his top 2 receivers from the previous season?

Which SB did Wentz bring his team to? I must of missed that one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's you're not your.
(i.e. you're wrong)

Birdgang

Reaction score
So do we also remove Dak's games this season without a #1 WR or either of his top 2 receivers from the previous season?

Which SB did Wentz bring his team to? I must of missed that one.

are your eyes ok? The only Qb I mentioned was Goff, Why would you take anything out? Oh I see you're worried it wont fit your naritive ?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
are your eyes ok? The only Qb I mentioned was Goff, Why would you take anything out? Oh I see you're worried it wont fit your naritive ?

You the one talking about filtering Goff's rookie season out based on excuses.

I was just wondering if we got to apply filters to Dak as well.

Birdgang

Reaction score
You the one talking about filtering Goff's rookie season out based on excuses.

I was just wondering if we got to apply filters to Dak as well.

You really need to slow down before you press enter. Show me again where I said anything you claim I did? What I said is you get a better representation by breaking it down yearly... you know so in case of a bad year or even a great year you can see the progress of each QB. All 3 came in the same year .... makes sense. The sad fact is you even quoted me saying why would you take anything out .....