Staubach: There’s accuracy issues but Dak’s gonna continue to be a great quarterback **merged**

blueblood70

Reaction score
This isn't true at all.

In Romo's last 9 years he has a better air yards than Dak in only 4 years which means this season Dak, dink and dunk, had a better air yards than Romo 5 times. And in his entire career Romo had only 6 years better than Dak...... That's including the one game he played against the Eagles when he had only 1 drive all year in which he averaged 12 air yards per attempt.
lets be real here Romo started fulltime in 2006 retired in 2016 but missed nearly 3 entire seasons hurt, so he started nearly the entire seasons 8times, he has 248 Tds in 8 years thats nearly 30 a year to 117INts

so if you look at his career as 8 seasons these are more then impressive..
248 TDs INT 117 YDS 34,183 RTG 97.1

what do we gripe about here? needing more scores a few more TDs? this is what im talking about, Daks not that guy , not sure he will get there thats why I say hes just a better passer.Romos 2nd year as starter was 2007 he threw 36TDs he threw for over 4000yards 4 times once near 4500 and 2012 4903 he averaged 306 yards a game..

I didnt need these stats to tell me, my eyes remember, I like Dak im just saying as pure natural passer Romos better, right out of the box as an UDFA from small school..

http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyromo/2505354/careerstats

Nav22

Reaction score
Would be great if Staubach would bring up how much easier it is now for QBs in this league opposed to nearly 20 years ago when Brady first got his start. Even Brady mentioned how much easier it is to dissect defenses now.

Mahomes wouldn't be throwing for 50 TDs in 2000. The majority of QBs in the league wouldn't have had 65% completion rating 20 years ago (which was near that average this year)

Dak not topping over 24 TD passes in this era really isn't all that impressive - and it's not like Zeke is scoring a ton either.
Dak was a top-10 QB after the Cooper trade. His numbers and the team’s record confirm that.

He’s the franchise QB and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Egg ALL OVER your face.
:laugh:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak was a top-10 QB after the Cooper trade. His numbers and the team’s record confirm that.

He’s the franchise QB and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Egg ALL OVER your face.
:laugh:

Dak has an elite WR.

Dak has an elite RB.

Dak has elite OL.

Dak still can't throw.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We are all disappointed we haven't seen the whole Dak but Roger has to understand we're not all looking through the eyes of an experienced NFL quarterback. Although our opinions vary I think we are all looking for improvement in Dak's play.... even Roger.
The problem is Dak did improve and most Cowboys fans still complained. Roger is in that minority of Cowboys fans that are baffled why you dont see the improvement.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak has an elite WR.

Dak has an elite RB.

Dak has elite OL.

Dak still can't throw.
And yet, the numbers say he was a top-10 QB.

We had zero run game and zero defense vs the Rams. Dak kept us in the game anyways by playing like a stud.

Hmm. I’m in the mood for an omelette now. SO MUCH EGG on your face.
:lmao2:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Minus elite o-line, that was 2016.

Exactly. We have three Pro Bowl OL and one missed the entire year while the other two played through injuries that put most players on IR.

If an elite OL gives up the second most sacks in the NFL even with a mobile QB - I would hate to see an average one.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have understood your viewpoint from the beginning. It is an intelligent viewpoint stating rookie quarterbacks have had few opportunities to compete or win championships in NFL playoff history. Clarification is unnecessary. However, the circumstance of rookie quarterback-led teams reaching and netting championships remains relevant regardless of any additional counterpoints I could but will no longer contribute for discussion because, quite frankly, I wish to move on to other threads, enjoying my off day, etc. :) Here is a final question:

In your personal opinion, would you consider, hypothetically, any circumstance of any rookie quarterback with the abilities of, say, Pro Football Hall of Fame Joe Montana, would have equal or superior odds of helping his team either appear in and/or win a Super Bowl over all other playoff teams vying for the championship in any given season? I will only reply with a thanks no matter how you answer the question. I am only seeking clearer insight into your own perspective on the subject.
In general I would agree a veteran has a better chance than a rookie, assuming the talent level of the rookie isn’t just miles above that of the veteran. I don’t mean to suggest otherwise. I’m just saying there is a lot more that goes into that history of a rookie never winning the Super Bowl than just the inability of a rookie to handle the situation. No doubt if the tables were turned and most QBs year to year were rookies, rookies would win Super Bowls too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In general I would agree a veteran has a better chance than a rookie, assuming the talent level of the rookie isn’t just miles above that of the veteran. I don’t mean to suggest otherwise. I’m just saying there is a lot more that goes into that history of a rookie never winning the Super Bowl than just the inability of a rookie to handle the situation. No doubt if the tables were turned and most QBs year to year were rookies, rookies would win Super Bowls too.
Thanks.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And yet, the numbers say he was a top-10 QB.

We had zero run game and zero defense vs the Rams. Dak kept us in the game anyways by playing like a stud.

Hmm. I’m in the mood for an omelette now. SO MUCH EGG on your face.
:lmao2:

And yet the numbers said our passing Offense was in the bottom 3rd of the league for the season.

Just saying....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Exactly. We have three Pro Bowl OL and one missed the entire year while the other two played through injuries that put most players on IR.

If an elite OL gives up the second most sacks in the NFL even with a mobile QB - I would hate to see an average one.

And yet that same OL had the leagues #1 RB.

Rushing Champ. 2nd title.

Not bad for an OL. 8)

Dak btw, 50+ sacks. Mostly because he can’t read coverages.

HungryLion

Reaction score
LT and RG.

Elite.

Fred will be back soon.

The OL wasn’t anywhere close to elite this past season. They were average at best, due to injuries.

Dak also didn’t have the elite WR until halfway through the season. His numbers since getting the elite WR? Top 10 in the NFL with a 7-2 W/L record and a playoff win.

Let’s be honest about the facts.