Steele Is Broken, so what now?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We can't keep sending him out there every week when he is consistently dragging this line down. At this point he's probably the lowest graded RT in the league. So what should the plan be? Clearly Steele is still not 100% and needs some time to rest. Or maybe this is his 100% now and it's time for a more permanent change?

Can Richards play RT any worse than Steele right now? This seems like the least disruptive option?

Should we move Tyron to RT and put Richards at LT?

Move Tyler to LT, Tyron to RT and Bass to LG?

Any FAs out there? That can come play RT (or LG to give us some flexibility)

Thoughts?

HungryLion

Reaction score
We can't keep sending him out there every week when he is consistently dragging this line down. At this point he's probably the lowest graded RT in the league. So what should the plan be? Clearly Steele is still not 100% and needs some time to rest. Or maybe this is his 100% now and it's time for a more permanent change?

Can Richards play RT any worse than Steele right now? This seems like the least disruptive option?

Thoughts?

If they do anything about Steele (they won’t). I think the only option is Richards. They won’t want to disrupt the entire line for one spot if they don’t have to.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Sorry bud, we’re stuck with the bum.

We have poor depth combined with a dreadful salary for the return we’re getting

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is less than a year removed from an ACL injury, I am not going to write the guy off or say he got paid and fell off because of it.

As for this season they are going to have to look for alternatives if he doesn't improve in a hurry.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is less than a year removed from an ACL injury, I am not going to write the guy off or say he got paid and fell off because of it.

As for this season they are going to have to look for alternatives if he doesn't improve in a hurry.
Why? Tyron played RT last year and wasn't 100% and still performed solidly. Moving him there and Richards or Tyler to LT doesn't seem quite so dramatic an idea as what you are talking about.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I get the contract situation with him sucks, but like I said, there's no way Richards plays any worse there. Is there?
I won’t disagree with you on any criticism.

I just can’t see it happen, our FO culture doesn’t often admit these mistakes.

I think it’s why guys like Gallup and Pollard continue to get more reps than they’ve earned

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Thoughts?
Steele has an 80 million dollar contract. He is probably the safest lineman on the roster with that contract.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry’s fault for extending him so let Jerry reap what he sows. Maybe in the offseason, get a better RT and see if he can slide over to LG :huh:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don't think we need to write him off but it's obvious he's struggling either mentally or physically. He needs some time on the pine to either get his body or his mind right.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You guys are crazy. The guy is coming off a major injury. Just because he can play doesn't mean it will be at a high level. I bet you are all going to lose your mind when Diggs play falls off next year. You'll all say it's because he got paid and ignore the catastrophic knee injury he suffered.

Havic

Reaction score
You guys are crazy. The guy is coming off a major injury. Just because he can play doesn't mean it will be at a high level. I bet you are all going to lose your mind when Diggs play falls off next year. You'll all say it's because he got paid and ignore the catastrophic knee injury he suffered.
Yes, but if Steele still is playing bad next year its Gallup 2.0. I gave Gallup the benefit of the doubt and he hasn't played much better this year either.