Steele is made of Steel

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Another great game. This guys has locked himself in as the RT as far as Im concerned. Put Collins back at LG when healthy to get your best 5 on the field and let Connor practice his snaps just in case. Kudos to 78!
Played well
Did not like his personal foul penalty

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Check out the blocking by #78 Steele, #63 Biadasz, and #86 Schulz. Biadasz was particularly good on that block and demolished the opponent who had the best shot to tackle Elliott for a loss. They made that play possible. Those blocks were awesome and Elliott with better speed this year was able to get the corner.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Farniok was so good, why hasn’t he already been playing? I hear all the buzz about Biadaz not being up to par, yet this running game has been excellent. And Biadz hasn’t been great but certainly not bad at all. He’s not T-Fred but who is? Where are you getting this Farniok info?
By watching Farniok's tape this preseason with the Cowboys, watching his tapes from college and reading the Scouting Reports on him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Check out the blocking by #78 Steele, #63 Biadasz, and #86 Schulz. Biadasz was particularly good on that block and demolished the opponent who had the best shot to tackle Elliott for a loss. They made that play possible. Those blocks were awesome and Elliott with better speed this year was able to get the corner.

The opposing player with the best chance to tackle Zeke was the outside edge defender whom Steele blocked and contained around the edge to give Zeke the space around edge he needed to score.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Collins is a pro bowl caliber NFL OT. He is going to be the starter at RT coming out of the bye.

This fanbase never ceases to amaze me
Why? Steele has earned the RT job. Collins got himself suspended and lost the job. Collins shouldn't just be handed the position back to him.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This whole Collins vs Steele is a tough one. I think Collins is good but Steele has really proved himself worthy.. Question is, do you want to mess with the continuity of the line when Collins is eligible?

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
This whole Collins vs Steele is a tough one. I think Collins is good but Steele has really proved himself worthy.. Question is, do you want to mess with the continuity of the line when Collins is eligible?
Collins is back to individual practices, just not official team practices... but in the meantime I don't get why he doesn't get with one of our OL coaches and learn to snap a football? I think with Collins' run blocking prowess and athleticism he'd be like a deus ex machina right up the gut if he were to play center. He definitely wouldn't get bull rushed and he would maul interior linemen in the running game.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Trade La'el Collins right now. I wonder if the Cowboys can get a 1st rounder for him. That would be nice! Many teams need OL help.

I rather keep him because he is much better than Steele in pass protection and maybe move him inside to guard that could possibly just make this line nasty even against the nasty DT’s. But if you can get a top 15 pick for him, you got to really think about it. His contract that’s been restructured a couple times would accelerate right into our cap immediately.

CWR

Reaction score
Trade La'el Collins right now. I wonder if the Cowboys can get a 1st rounder for him. That would be nice! Many teams need OL help.

Love the idea in theory, but hate losing valuable pieces on the oline. Contract and cap are another discussion as well.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Seriously, the season is young and you're all talking about trading a solid piece of the O-Line????????? Don't get some of ya out there...............
It's ninja. He'd trade Ceedee if he saw another receiver run back a kickoff.......then he'll complain about depth.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Also, Steele will earn 800k next season .

Collins will earn 10 million.

Jaylon got cut for less.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

he’s due 30 million in base over 2022-2024.

no team wants that.

he’s likely cut, like Jaylon was.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Farniok was so good, why hasn’t he already been playing? I hear all the buzz about Biadaz not being up to par, yet this running game has been excellent. And Biadz hasn’t been great but certainly not bad at all. He’s not T-Fred but who is? Where are you getting this Farniok info?

Biadasz was a rimington trophy winner.

this is basically his first season of starting.

im not worried about Biadasz.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Collins is a pro bowl caliber NFL OT. He is going to be the starter at RT coming out of the bye.

This fanbase never ceases to amaze me

that is the old rule. Injuries don’t get you replaced.

but he hasn’t played well, because he hasn’t played since 2019.

and he makes $$$$$, compared to Steele.

and Collins isn’t a Pro Bowl RT. Never been selected .

and Steele is crushing it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Purely from a talent and contract standpoint...there probably are. Collins is a top 12 tackle, easy. And good tackles are very scare and valuable.

he was good, in 2019.

now, he has a bad hip and he fails the drug protocol .

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Another great game. This guys has locked himself in as the RT as far as Im concerned. Put Collins back at LG when healthy to get your best 5 on the field and let Connor practice his snaps just in case. Kudos to 78!

I’m not sure what they should do, I’ll leave that to the professionals. But with that said, man has he played lights out. And he seems to have that mean and nasty playing attitude, I absolutely love it.

I still think of all the know it alls, all the internet coaches and GM’s on this forum that was having a hissy fit and calling the organization dumb for not moving Zach out to RT.