Steele is made of Steel

CWR

Reaction score
Sometimes GMs have to make hard choices and gamble. Short term vs long term decisions.

The way we are drafting it could work out very well to flip him and replace the depth with another oline pick.

I still don't know cap implications though I assume we'd be saving a chunk. It depends on guaranteed money accelerated by the move.

It's pretty unbelievable how deep we look this season as we plug in our depth and keep cruising along. It's going to be interesting watching our roster moves going forward. The release of Jaylon signifies a huge change in philosophy. We are no longer hanging on to over priced vets just to drain some value out of those contracts. My absolute favorite thing about this staff is their fearlessness in playing whoever deserves to play regardless of contract or reputation.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Hes been great in the run game, but he still struggles in pass protection. It’s part of the reason we’re running more than we ever have under Moore.

The Cowboys are running the ball more because a) they can run the ball and b) opponents are afraid of the pass and have to back off the LOS.

That is a really good combination. A nightmare for defensive coordinators.

All teams want to run the ball first. All QBs would like nothing better than to just hand the ball off and drive the field.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm almost at the point where I'd put La'el Collins at LG and sit Connor Williams. Steele has been a pleasant surprise this season so far. He also looks like he has a mean streak in him! Rooting for this guy.
^ best idea all year^ I been sayin this 4 two years .

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Seriously, the season is young and you're all talking about trading a solid piece of the O-Line????????? Don't get some of ya out there...............

Yep, so if haters of Jerry were in charge here are the moves we would of made so far:

Released D-Law
Trade Gallup
Trade Collins

We are only 5 weeks in and are winning. I'm sure these will become even more amusing if we lose another.

johneric8

Reaction score
Another great game. This guys has locked himself in as the RT as far as Im concerned. Put Collins back at LG when healthy to get your best 5 on the field and let Connor practice his snaps just in case. Kudos to 78!
Yeah he's awesome! I said this before the season started when everyone else was trying to replace him on the roster believe it or not! :)

quickccc

Reaction score
Played well
Did not like his personal foul penalty

It's better ways to go about it without refs spotting after whistle cheap shots, but still like Steele take no mess, take no prisoners mentality.
(Reminiscence of ex-Cowboys Marc Columbo)

..No more of that Rams RB C.J. Anderson sitting on our bench and Williams and Tyron doing nuthin; :confused:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Sell high. Sometimes one needs to think long-term over short-term. An extra first round pick next year would be very nice. Collins is an expensive swing tackle and insurance policy for an OT injury.
You do know that the dude is suspended right? It's not an injury that is holding him out..................ha-haaaaaaa! More the merrier, that's the way I see it.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Biadascz though…

yep...heard McGovern has taken quite a few reps at center to clean up his snaps....Badas needs another year nutrion and weight room and technique improvement

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Farniok was so good, why hasn’t he already been playing? I hear all the buzz about Biadaz not being up to par, yet this running game has been excellent. And Biadz hasn’t been great but certainly not bad at all. He’s not T-Fred but who is? Where are you getting this Farniok info?

i think we do much better than average job scouting O Lineman

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Steele is developing nicely but he requires a lot of help that Collins does not in pass protection. Collins should and will start when he comes back.

This. I noticed many times in the live broadcast they had Sprinkle lined up on his side to help him.

Being able to trust Collin on an island opens up even more for this offense.

quickccc

Reaction score
Collins is a pro bowl caliber NFL OT. He is going to be the starter at RT coming out of the bye.

This fanbase never ceases to amaze me

They don't get,.. or they don't wanna get it.
- They maybe more interested in making it a personal grudge or a reason to hate and villainize a player.

-You can rely more on Collins to deal one on one with Joey Bosa with extra help or 60 pass attempts vs JJPierce and Shaq Barrett
-You don't have to scheme and plan around Collins, that tends to help out Steele.
-You don't have to tie up with particular plays and extra players to help Steele
-You don't have to chip, double-team with Collins that you have to with Steele
-You can call for more deeper pass drops than you would with Steele.

quickccc

Reaction score
This. I noticed many times in the live broadcast they had Sprinkle lined up on his side to help him.

Being able to trust Collin on an island opens up even more for this offense.

Absolute totally different days than "Clapping' coaches allowing a struggling OT to go entire game with no adjustment help at all. (ala Chaz Green)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He's tough and doesn't take %*#$. You could tell with all the fights and some of the players they showed. Love it. Some comparisons have been made to our 90's offensive line with today's group, and that was what stood out to me the most with that group. Until Larry Allen (unless you count Big E before the car accident), I don't think we anyone as good as Tyron or Zack. But we had some mean #$*#* on that oline.

lukin2006

Reaction score
You don’t trade offensive line depth if you have super bowl aspirations. The only position I would trade is WR and that’d be Gallup…but even then, why? No one is giving us a top corner for an impending free agent.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You do know that the dude is suspended right? It's not an injury that is holding him out..................ha-haaaaaaa! More the merrier, that's the way I see it.

You don’t say! No way! Suspension? What exactly did he do? This should be good.

While you are at, how about explaining the mysterious car accident last year, his unknown whereabouts, the supposed required surgery, and quitting on the team last year?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's better ways to go about it without refs spotting after whistle cheap shots, but still like Steele take no mess, take no prisoners mentality.
(Reminiscence of ex-Cowboys Marc Columbo)

..No more of that Rams RB C.J. Anderson sitting on our bench and Williams and Tyron doing nuthin; :confused:
Like his warrior mentality

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You don’t say! No way! Suspension? What exactly did he do? This should be good.

While you are at, how about explaining the mysterious car accident last year, his unknown whereabouts, the supposed required surgery, and quitting on the team last year?
Ha-haaaa, dam a REAL HATER i lov it!