Steele is made of Steel

T-RO

Reaction score
he was good, in 2019.

now, he has a bad hip and he fails the drug protocol .

My post started with these words: "Purely from a talent and contract standpoint..."

Do you have a health report on the current state of his hip? I don't. Obviously the drug test issues are a big deal, which is why I framed my post.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Another great game. This guys has locked himself in as the RT as far as Im concerned. Put Collins back at LG when healthy to get your best 5 on the field and let Connor practice his snaps just in case. Kudos to 78!
yeah but jerry will put lael back on rt I bet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Collins should start at RT when he can play, Steele as the back up swing tackle.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steele allows Collins the time to get 100% healthy. But make no mistake a healthy pissed off Collins is better than Steele. If Collins struggles at all when he comes back i'd not hesitate to put Steele in the game but I do not see this happening.

Proof

Reaction score
I love the guys in here who always want to trade depth.

And no team in the league would ever give up a 1st for Collins.

for weakness. or other depth. not for nothing. and OL has gone for a premium for a while now

Proof

Reaction score
This whole Collins vs Steele is a tough one. I think Collins is good but Steele has really proved himself worthy.. Question is, do you want to mess with the continuity of the line when Collins is eligible?

reminds me of la'el vs Leary

DanA

Reaction score
For me, Collins starts when he comes back but his position long-term is definitely in jeopardy. I don't think his 10m base salary is a terrible contract either, but it is expensive when you can fill the position with a guy on 2m a season without much of a drop off and Steele is on the improve so who knows what he will be. I think the ideal situation is that Collins comes back and balls out generating some trade offers in the off-season. Then we have situation where we can consider moving him back to guard, trading him, or just having amazing depth at tackle.

The thing is that we currently have Steele locked up for 2 more years on about 2m a season. Trading Collins out for say a 2nd round pick frees up 10m to spend on Shultz, Gregory, or a couple of safeties while also picking up a cheap contract in the draft.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This team is getting better because the entitlement garbage is getting torn down. Steele is a great example of a player earning his playing time. Collins is a guy who could care less about his playing time. Sit him on the bench and send another good message to the team. If he goes cry baby mode like Jaylon send him packing.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Collins will return angry, mauling defensive lineman, linebackers, safeties and DB's. Look out Minnesota.

terra

Reaction score
Steele is good - a lot better than last year- But Collins at his best is pro bowl level. I do not see steele becoming that good.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now you are making things up to prop up Biadasz?

The Jaguars started their 1st stringers for all of the 1st Half and into the 3rd Quarter during the last preseason game vs the Cowboys. Plus, Biadasz was the last pick chosen in the 4th round. He literally was 1 pick away from being a 5th rounder. Regardless, the proof lies on video for both players. Biadisz had been struggling during pass protection against stronger bullrushing DTs, and now he's struggling with his shotgun snaps as well. This is his 2nd year as a pro. He should be improving. If he keeps struggling, wouldn't it be wise to give someone else a chance? Or are you personally set on only keeping Biadasz at Center no matter his performance?
I think we both want the same thing brother- and that’s for the Cowboys to win a lot of football games this year. All we have is a disagreement about our center and how he’s doing. No I’m not making things up (at least I don’t think I am) about Biadz nor do I have an agenda “for” him or any other player. If Farniok is better I’m all for him playing.

But…my point was simply that if Farniok were better, why wouldn’t the coaches already be playing him? This isn’t personal…it’s just an opinion. It’s ok to disagree.