Steeler fans here in pittsburgh hate...

Reaction score
Hostile;2456886 said:
It always cracks me up when you guys do not get what "America's Team" means. Nice guy that I am let me help you out. Focus on the bold parts, but the rest of it is just as relevant.

No charge for the lesson.

I "get what it means" but nothing you posted impresses me to believe America has ever chosen the Cowboys as their archetypical team...what it did illustrate is that another Cowboy fan would like me to believe its true simply because he claims it to be.
Basically you supported my contention that the "America's Team" claim is based on fanboyism not that America has a special place in it's heart for the Cowboy's.
There is no single America's Team in proffesional football and the silly reasons you tried to offer can be adapted and applied by other fans of any team with a winning history!
And this part, 'oooohhh cowboys are tough' guys...Lol, that's rich, I was born in Texas and spent the majority of my life there and although I'll always consider myself a Texan I have no delusions of the extra-toughness of cowboys. And "sexy" or "sells more"?!?! So what, the same is true of crack cocaine and cheap hookers!

There is a difference between what a group of americans might partake in and what the majority of a nation would aspire to! You think because a group thinks like you do it validates your own perceptions...well to borrow your own logic, "you do the math" your group is a minority of all Americans and the only reasons you gave to support your position was your fantasy that 'cowboys are tough and sexy and sell a lot'....sounds less like evidence of a national choice of favorite team and more like an individuals latent homosexual fantasy shining through!

Lesson returned due to lack of substance...your homework assignment is to look up and learn the difference between empirical and anecdotal and then apply that new found knowledge to your previous assertions.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
thewireman;2457091 said:
Theres only 2 NFL team fans that are annoying to see on TV and in person, Steeler fans and those goofy yellow golf towels waving around endlessly and Packers fans and them wearing the most ridiculous cheese hat I have ever seen

The pig nose the Commanders fans wear rank up there pretty high too. Even though the "hogs" are Commander history and no longer exist today.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2457097 said:
I "get what it means" but nothing you posted impresses me to believe America has ever chosen the Cowboys as their archetypical team...what it did illustrate is that another Cowboy fan would like me to believe its true simply because he claims it to be.
Basically you supported my contention that the "America's Team" claim is based on fanboyism not that America has a special place in it's heart for the Cowboy's.
Then you aren't a math major. They are called ratings Silverback. Last year the Cowboys played on Fox, CBS, NFLN, NBC, and ESPN and garnered the highest ratings for each network for the year. Their merchandise sells. That is America talking. Don't blame me if you are deaf to it.

There is no single America's Team in proffesional football and the silly reasons you tried to offer can be adapted and applied by other fans of any team with a winning history!
Not without myopia attached.

And this part, 'oooohhh cowboys are tough' guys...Lol, that's rich, I was born in Texas and spent the majority of my life there and although I'll always consider myself a Texan I have no delusions of the extra-toughness of cowboys. And "sexy" or "sells more"?!?! So the same is true of crack cocain and cheap hookers!
I actually like the last line. Just a guess your eyes are either green or brown.

There is a difference between what a group of americans might partake in and what the majority of a nation would aspire to! You think because a group thinks like you do it validates your own perceptions...well to borrow your own logic, "you do the math" your group is a minority of all Americans and the only reasons you gave to support your position was your fantasy that 'cowboys are tough and sexy and sell a lot'....sounds less like evidence of a national choice of favorite team and more like an individuals latent homosexual trait shining through to me!
Do you need a Kleenex? A binky? A blankie? Toughen up buttercup.

Lesson returned due to lack of substance...
Uh, no you didn't. All you did was prove my point to SteelManiac who said Steelers fans aren't jealous of Cowboys fans. Clearly you are. Which is why I said green eyes. I'm sure you can figure out the brown.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boysboy;2456889 said:
Interesting-for the most part, our fans and Houston Texans fans pretty much hate each other. The Texans usually play our annual preseason game like it's their Super Bowl.

That rivalry is one-sided though. I do not know any Cowboy fan that hates the Texans back home in Texas. Most root for them because they are a team from Texas. One of their message boards has a rivalry forum that mentions it's division opponents and the Cowboys. I do not see anything like that on any Cowboys board though. Me personally, I do not care for them much at all. If they do win it all, wouldn't bother me. Unless they beat the Cowboys to do so.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Steeler fans are the reason I can't stand the Steelers.

I respect their team, their coaches, and players. I repect their brand of football.

But I live in Squeelers country and their fans are obnoxious, arrogant and delusional.

Plus they are fair-weather fans. When the Squeelers are winning, that's all they want to talk about, ... but if they aren't winning, they act like pro football is meaningless.

Me: "did you see your steelers lose again yesterday?"

Steelfan: "no, I was raking leaves."

They dislike the Cowboys because they see us as flashy, glitzy, and a finesse team.

They see the Steelers as blue-collar, hard-nosed, bring your lunch bucket type of team.

They think we are polar opposites.

They still talk about the Cowboys as criminals, (I hear that one all of the time) .. even though the Squeelers have had 7 players arrested since 2006 and we have had one I think.

That is what I mean about delusional.

I want to win this game badly.

I won't talk any trash at all if we win, but I won't have to listen to it either. :D

Plus, like all fans, they hate us because we are always the first to do things.

The white on the turf surrounding most sidelines, Dallas did that first.

Dallas was the first to use computers for evaluating drafting of players.

The arrows on the yard markers on the 40, 30, 20 yard lines indicating which direction the endzone is was introduced by Dallas first so people watching on TV could know which side of the 50 the ball was on.

How many new stadiums are you seeing with a hole in the roof, .. who did that first?

:star: :starspin :star:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;2457391 said:

I respect their team, their coaches, and players. I repect their brand of football.

But I live in Squeelers country and their fans are obnoxious, arrogant and delusional.

Plus they are fair-weather fans. When the Squeelers are winning, that's all they want to talk about, ... but if they aren't winning, they act like pro football is meaningless.

They dislike the Cowboys because they see us as flashy, glitzy, and a finesse team.

They see the Steelers as blue-collar, hard-nosed, bring your lunch bucket type of team.

They still talk about the Cowboys as criminals, (I hear that one all of the time) .. even though the Squeelers have had 7 players arrested since 2006 and we have had one I think.

I won't talk any trash at all if we win, but I won't have to listen to it either. :D

The arrows on the yard markers on the 40, 30, 20 yard lines indicating which direction the endzone is was introduced by Dallas first so people watching on TV could know which side of the 50 the ball was on.

How many new stadiums are you seeing with a hole in the roof, .. who did that first?

Luckily the steelers fan at my work place are cool and don't act like that.

But I want to see the Cowboys beat the steelers at Heinz field, Not only because the cowboys/steelers history, not only for our team to improve on its chances at the playoffs but to remove the disgust of pitt beating WVU the last two years.:mad:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2457393 said:
but to remove the disgust of pitt beating WVU the last two years.:mad:

Disgusting. All they have is McCoy. If we had the lead in the 2nd half that we should have had, we take the ball out of his hands.

But noooo, we line up in the shotgun and run a sweep on 2nd and goal from a foot away, .. and lose 3 yds. :rolleyes:

Stewart needs to move to AD, ... soon, ... before it is too late.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80;2456328 said:
Dallas is the most hated team in the NFL, you guys should know that by now... America's team is loved by many and also despised by just as many.

Does that mean 50% of the people are Cowboys fans? :)

juck

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2457391 said:

Couldnt have said it better.U r exactly right.The thing is all nfl players are white collar.The players dont reflect the fans.Anyway people here hate jerry Jones and think the cowboys buy their teams,blah blah.lol.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
The thing that gets me with Steeler fans, I have a couple (i know.. the shame), is that although they will cheer for the team, they wouldn't want the coach or 95% of the players to live next to them. My first Pitt game and I couldn't believe the racism and comments that flew. It is just hard for me to respect fans (and thus, the team) like that. Pitt and Boston are two of the most racist places I have been.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
A. Go Pitt! Hahaha, being a Hoopie and a Cowboys fan is just an awful combination.

B. Hostile, don't flatter yourself.

One could find an example of just about anything. Finding two Steelers fans in Texas (or wherever you may be) that you sense are jealous of the Cowboys does not reflect upon an entire fan base. Most Steelers fans don't really care about the Cowboys. That little sliver of hatred will always exist between the two franchises (similar to the Steelers/Raiders) simply because of their past, but it has faded for the most part. Like I said, however, you could find an example of just about anything. I put zero merit into you finding two miniscule examples.

The Steelers have had a game on CBS, Fox, ESPN, NBC, and the NFL Network this season as well. I'm willing to bet that the Steelers have had the most national broadcasts of any team this season. Just two years ago (2006) the Steelers were tops in merchandise in the entire league. They are certainly in the top three in that category each and every season.

The Steelers also have the best fan base in the country. Simple. ESPN named Steelers fans as the best in the NFL. Sports Illustrated also proclaimed Steelers fans as the best. Simply put, Steelers Nation reigns supreme. Super Bowl XL was populated with about 80% Steelers fans. The Steelers fans in DC earlier this year actually forced the Commanders to use a silent count...in their home stadium. The Steelers fans have invaded Foxboro this season, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Washington, and every other stadium they have played in. And yes, as we all know, they've invaded Texas Stadium. And we're not talking a couple thousand each week. We're talking tens of thousands of Steelers fans invading opposing stadiums each and every week.

In that one play, Roethlisberger showed more mobility than Marino ever did, scrambling out of the pocket to his right and slinging the ball to Burress an instant before Marcellus Wiley tackled him from behind.

The play excited the many Steelers fans sprinkled throughout Texas Stadium who waved their signature "Terrible Towels" with every first down.

"For a minute there I thought we were in Pittsburgh," said Cowboys linebacker Dexter Coakley. "It felt like it was a home game for them."
Ouch. You know how many Cowboys fans will be in Heinz Field on Sunday? Maybe a thousand. Maybe. The Steelers had 299 consecutive sellouts coming into this season. The Cowboys had 145. The Steelers are always near the tops in ratings, merchandise, and all other fancy little statistics you might enjoy tossing out. Most teams that the Steelers face implement some sort of package deal (you have to buy tickets to this game and this game to get the Steelers game) in an attempt to lessen the impact of a Steelers invasion. Never works.

Super Bowls certainly wouldn't make any Steelers fan jealous. You say Larry Brown, I say Jackie Smith. I say Lynn Swann. I say Terry Bradshaw. Ownership? We'll all take the Rooney family. Uniforms? We feel nothing beats the Black & Gold. Talent? We'll all take the Steelers on Sunday. Stadium? Give us our outdoor, steel-laden stadium. We like the muck. ESPN and SI both ranked Heinz Field second behind Lambeau. No problems with that. Television? Like I said, I'm willing to bet that the Steelers have had the most national broadcasts this season.

Enjoy your little moniker. I'll enjoy being part of the best fan base in the NFL. I'll enjoy invading opposing stadiums each and every week. I know, it's infuriating. Now why are we jealous again?

And just so you know I'm not pulling all of this out of thin air:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2569521
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/10/08/tucks.takes/index.html
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/11/steelers_fans_forced_skins_int.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/04/AR2008110403832.html
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041017_PIT@DAL
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/11/redskins_on_the_fan_turnout_di.html

I'll accept my payment through PayPal for this lesson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That didn't sound a bit jealous SteelManiac55. Not even a tiny little bit. [/sarcasm off]

Take your own advice and don't flatter yourself. I know the Steelers fans travel well. So do Cowboys fans. I've been to games at Sun Devil Stadium where over half the crowd was blue and silver. Packers fans travel well too.

Oh, and as for "wherever I may be" if you look below the little pictures I don't exactly hide my location. Open your eyes. Two of the 4 Steelers fans I mentioned are here. One was in New Mexico, now lives in New York. Papa Joe was in Chicago. Too bad, so sad, none of them were in Texas. Awwwwwwww.

I never said the Steelers didn't have a great fan base. Not once. Didn't even insinuate it. So don't let your panties get all in a wad and make you walk funny.

You said Steelers fans wouldn't be jealous of Cowboys fans. Now you are saying you can find examples of everything. Duh. That was the point Ace.

You related to Papa Joe Chevalier? He was dense too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing. You'd "bet you have more national games."

Name the amount you want to Paypal me Junior. By season's end it will be 6 to 5 for Dallas.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

See the "National Games" column for your evidence.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmishCowboy;2456766 said:
we know people hate the "America'sTeam" thing, but TV Ratings and Merchandise sales bear it out and remember that was NFL films that give us that title.
Preach it. If you're gonna hate, at least get your facts right.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2457581 said:
That didn't sound a bit jealous SteelManiac55. Not even a tiny little bit. [/sarcasm off]

Take your own advice and don't flatter yourself. I know the Steelers fans travel well. So do Cowboys fans. I've been to games at Sun Devil Stadium where over half the crowd was blue and silver. Packers fans travel well too.

Oh, and as for "wherever I may be" if you look below the little pictures I don't exactly hide my location. Open your eyes. Two of the 4 Steelers fans I mentioned are here. One was in New Mexico, now lives in New York. Papa Joe was in Chicago. Too bad, so sad, none of them wer ein Texas. Awwwwwwww.

I never said the Steelers didn't have a great fan base. Not once. Didn't even insinuate it. So don't let your panties get all in a wad and make you walk funny.

You said Steelers fans wouldn't be jealous of Cowboys fans. Now you are saying you can find examples of everything. Duh. That was the point Ace.

You related to Papa Joe Chevalier? He was dense too.

You're just throwing out these absolutely random comments. And nope, I have zero jealous of anything involving the Cowboys. I think they're a great franchise, good for the NFL, full of tradition, etc., but I'm certainly not jealous of them in any way.

And I know it shows where you are located. I just didn't feel like opening a new window while I was typing that last message (mostly because it was completely irrelevant). I don't care where the Steelers fans were from either because that is also completely irrelevant.

I also know that you never said the Steelers did not have a great fan base. I'm quite capable of reading.

I was just emphasizing, and backing-up, my point that Steelers fans have no reason to be jealous of any other franchise. You, on the other hand, reference four random people, Ace.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SteelManiac55;2457603 said:
And I know it shows where you are located. I just didn't feel like opening a new window while I was typing that last message (mostly because it was completely irrelevant).
This is what's commonly known as an 'excuse'.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2457591 said:
Oh, and one more thing. You'd "bet you have more national games."

Name the amount you want to Paypal me Junior. By season's end it will be 6 to 5 for Dallas.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

See the "National Games" column for your evidence.

That's simply because of the Thanksgiving game.

I'm thinking more along the lines of 4:15 primetime spots. The Steelers have had two games this season start at 1:00. The rest have all been later starts so they could have a greater national broadcast. Flex-scheduling has already moved the Steelers/Ravens start time so that it can be seen nearly nationwide. The Cowboys have had three 1:00 starts (noon for you guys in Texas). Take a look at those distribution maps and you'll see the Steelers were broadcast nationally (minus those markets that also had a game going) in Week 3 (against Philly), Week 8 (against the Giants), Week 10 (against Indy), Week 11 (against SD), and it will be the same way again this week against Dallas. The Ravens/Steelers game also has already been moved into the 4:15 spot simply so it can be broadcast on a greater national scale. I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans game was also moved into a later time slot.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
DallasEast;2457610 said:
This is what's commonly known as an 'excuse'.

My excuse is that I didn't feel like opening a window because it was irrelevant. What does his location have to do with this argument? Nothing.