Video: Stephen A isn't backing down on his Cowboy bashing

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
why should he? hes rioght a lot even know I despise the guy, we are applauding the Cowboys digging themselves out of hole with along ways to go with coaching still trying not to lose, poor playcalling is the downfall of this team..

secondly we are fighting to what at best be 9-7, that was last years outcome that we all were very unhappy with and really we had more excuses with star players hurt or suspended in many games yet we came back to finish 2nd, I found this commendable given the circumstances, this year a down year in weak division somehow makes 9-7 more palatable? Not to me im glad we have shot but im still angry at all the early season bad play calling, lack of carried and touches to zeke, and a HC that just seems to make decisions to not lose.. it cost us 3 games this year, I feel the talent was here, kore depth, and less major injuries, a weak divisions for the taking and instead of being 7-3/8-2 we are 6-4...this is not a commendable outcome regardless.. last years 9-7 IMO was tougher rto accomplish, this was bad year to have hiccups in the Houston, Washington game 1, and game 1 mostly coaching but geez we are still headed for 9-7 at best in dog fight with Philly and Washington to the very last game, ring any bells win the division or out on last game of season? its JG/SL doing what they always do..just enough

we are always snake bitten , make the wrong play or mistake at the very wrong time as SAS always says.. hes not wrong..
He is a guy you can hate.

But I don't.

I like a good news day for my team normally..

But on slow days..

Stephen A will do.

I find myself agreeing with him on anything non-Cowboy.

That's my prejudice.

Lutonio

Reaction score
We need a no SAS rule to go along with our no politics rule.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You can make the same argument about 31 other teams screwing it up each year. His schtick is getting old...
But we're America's Team.
Relatively few people care if the Browns or the Bengals or the Bills screw up.
A LOT more people care if the Cowboys screw up - for the good and for the bad.
Whether we like it or not, are shine is brighter than every other team. And when we are bad, we shine. But when we are good, we shine even more.

ultron

Reaction score
With the quality content on FS1 I'm surprised anyone still watches Stephen A's show

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
His stance will go from not conceding, to a first round exit in playoffs. He's buying his time in between those two points so he doesn't have to eat crow.
Sort of reminds me of Jerrah.

They say it takes one to know one.

I would love to see Jerrah as a guest on his show.

For ratings..

Thru the roof.

catiii

Reaction score
There is only one reason why the Cowboys are so easy to pick on compared to the other teams in the league and why so many like this guy from ESPN love to hate the team, and that is the billionaire stripper fondler, who is drinking bourbon and picking his nose in the press box. Everything that Stephen A said was true, and it's all on JJ, because JJ MAKES it all about JJ. If you're a clown, then expect a circus! (And Jones Jr won't be any better.) If he would just shut up, step back from the mics/cameras, be a nice quiet owner and hire a real GM who is NOT family, sign the checks, choose coaches for talent and not because they are yes men, and then let the HC run the team's affairs, then the Cowboys wouldn't be nearly so easy to poke fun at. The last time JJ did that we won the SB, but JJ even managed to stuff that up due to ego which resulted in where we are today and those 23 years of predictable mediocrity and bad decisions that Stephen A is referring to.
I think most of this guy's vitriol is aimed directly at JJ - like throwing popcorn at a villain who is so easy to dislike in a Skagway, Alaska melodrama - and yes as someone else said, I think he might be a long-time closet Cowboys fan as well, which would explain why he's so POed. :laugh:

Last edited:

Pants

Reaction score
Smith is unwatchable to me...he just wants to take the opposite side of whatever he is "debating"...anything to cause controversy....and him saying that he will wait until the cowboys do something? I could say that, you could, anyone could....the other guys in that clip threw it on the coaching but at least he had a specific thing from which to focus....that loud-mouth Smith is an irritant, kinda like when you are using furniture stripper and some of it gets on your skin....

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I hate SAS with a passion because of his Cowboys Fans hate. Which that said, name me one time he was wrong with the end result prediction in the Cowboys. It’s so easy to predict that we will fall short!

sadly thats true. i only said hes dealing in facts, sadly, thats a fact.

Little Jr

Reaction score
the season. Garrett will try harder to screw up a season than to put one right.
But exactly how will it it be screwed up? Will making it to the super bowl and losing be screwing it up? Losing first round? Not making the playoffs period?

davidariust24

Reaction score
SAS said last week that wed lose the next 3 out of 4. Hes already wrong we've won 2 out of four with two more left

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always said they get his initials wrong.
It is not S.A.S.
It is A.S.S

Batman1980

Reaction score
I simply don't watch ESPN unless it's Cowboys on MNF so none of this bothers me.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
He’s not saying anything he doesn’t every year,and his whole point is at the end. Dallas “invents” new ways to blow it,because it’s just who they are. They’re an accident waiting to happen,and something will always pop up to derail things. That’s the whole basis behind his takes on Dallas,and what’s at the crust of it all for his banter over the years. It’s not just football stuff only,but that somehow,someway,Dallas as a team and franchise tends to find ways to spoil a situation. It’s true,that’s really the reason for the last couple decades. Whether it’s in games or off field things,they can be good but still wind up blowing it.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This Cowboy twenty years blah is getting old that he always says. Chiefs haven't been to the AFC championship game since 98, Rams haven't played in an NFC championship game since 01, Detroit haven't won a playoff game since forever, Commanders haven't been into an Nfccg since they won the sb.

What I am saying is that it is quite common for any NFL team to go thru a "funk" whether it is going to a championship game, going to a sb, winning it, or even winning a playoff game.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
But exactly how will it it be screwed up? Will making it to the super bowl and losing be screwing it up? Losing first round? Not making the playoffs period?

when he has had a talented team, like he has had before and he cant make the second round of the playoffs.

Do i expect anything from him this season? no. Did i before, yes. Did he have enough to win the SB? yes.

He ll be here next season, i want second round of the playoffs. anything less and HE has to do the right thing.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This Cowboy twenty years blah is getting old that he always says. Chiefs haven't been to the AFC championship game since 98, Rams haven't played in an NFC championship game since 01, Detroit haven't won a playoff game since forever, Commanders haven't been into an Nfccg since they won the sb.

What I am saying is that it is quite common for any NFL team to go thru a "funk" whether it is going to a championship game, going to a sb, winning it, or even winning a playoff game.

whats irking us off is this organization accepting this funk and now its dribbled down to the fans.

I understand what you are saying, but the Cowboys organization SHOULD not accept that. JJ and SJ are accepting it.