Video: Stephen A: Jerry Jones wouldn’t treat Tony Romo like he is treating Dak Prescott

starman22

Reaction score
The Giants won two Super Bowls and Romo failed twice to beat the QB most people consider to be unworthy, so what does that say about Romo? Dak faced 1 SB team in our division so far in his early career.

Unless Romo and Eli put on boxing gloves and I didn't hear about it, Eli never beat Romo. QB's do not play each other, they play the other teams defense.

erod

Reaction score
He didn't treat Emmitt Smith like he did Curvin Richards either.

aria

Reaction score
Unless Romo and Eli put on boxing gloves and I didn't hear about it, Eli never beat Romo. QB's do not play each other, they play the other teams defense.
That’s funny, because people are always comparing Dak head to head with Wentz, Brady head to head with Peyton, Romo head to head with Dak and I hear all the time how Manning was the only QB to beat Brady in two Super Bowls.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Exactly. Get so tired of people just parroting what they hear someone on tv say. That’s always been stupid to me regarding the this qb best this qb like this is some one on one at the playground

shabazz

Reaction score
Since you posted this...Stephen A Smith (again, who I do not like) is stating the truth. It is bad optics.

Race is optical. He paid Aikman who had 2 years left on his rookie contract before winning a Super Bowl and before Emmitt who contract ended. He paid Romo and extension on his rookie deal before he was a starting QB. He did not extend Dak after year 1 (13-3 Pro Bowl NFC East Champ) in year 2 (9-7), 3 (10-6 Pro Bowl NFC East Champ, Playoff win), or before year 4 (8-8, Pro Bowl) and started negotiations asking Dak to give a Billionaire a discount.

The above is BAD OPTICS:

Optics are used differently by people that may want to push an agenda. But the truth is what counts. To hell with "optics".....keep things 100

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
A lot of people use that term. Just understand you’re out of the loop on this one instead of making excuses up.

First it wasn't any excuse, it was/is an opinion. Second in all of the ways I communicate with people whether face to face or in some kind of written form I've never heard or seen SJW used. That being said, saying at lot of people use that is dependent on your definition of a lot. I just got an idea and I checked 2 websites for commonly used text abbreviations and acronyms and SJW wasn't on either. I think your definition of a lot is greatly different than mine and the public in general.

https://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp
https://7esl.com/texting-abbreviations/

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The Giants won two Super Bowls and Romo failed twice to beat the QB most people consider to be unworthy, so what does that say about Romo? Dak faced 1 SB team in our division so far in his early career.

Eli was a lot better than people here gave him credit for. But my point here is since people on this thread like putting down Romo so much to prop up Dak, is that the NFC East has been a lot less competitive since Dak took over. Yes the Eagles went to the superbowl one year under Foles but now suck. The key for the playoffs is winning your division, and here as of late it should be a lot easier to win the division and make it to the playoffs than it was in the past. It is more squandered opportunities, by a QB people here were swearing was Clutch. This is all opinion put I take McNabb that romo faced over Wentz or the Eli Romo faced over the older version that Dak faced. And that Eli was more Clutch than Dak. Facing such weak NFC opponents, there should be no excuse not to make the playoffs. I like Dak and hope that the Big Mac will bring him success, but the Dak crowd here likes to put down other players to prop their guy up as if there should be no repercussions when they are putting down someone else the fan base likes. Then they call foul when someone puts down their guy or points something out. We're playing right now in the NFC Least and still can't get to the playoffs.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Romo was a million times the QB Dak Prescott is. Dak is a top 20 QB in the NFL. That's his floor and ceiling. Romo could keep the franchise relevant and in the playoff hunt with no help. Pay Dak big money and he won't be able to get this team 5 wins once his help is gone.

Golfzilla77

Reaction score
When did that happen?

Romo played in four preseason games twice
  • 2006 - Drew Bledsoe was the starting QB and Romo played in all four pre-season games. He had never thrown a pass in the NFL until that preseason. He didn’t throw a TD in any of them, but he did look good in his first start. This was the season when Bledsoe’s flamed out and Romo was promoted to starter in week 8
  • 2010 - The only reason he played in four games that year was because the league invited the Cowboys to play in a fifth game, the Hall of Fame Game. Romo did not play in the fifth and final preseason game
Your memory must be better than mine because I didn’t remember 2006 a “prove it” year. The guy had never thrown an NFL pass and the starting QB was 35 years old and in his 14th season. Maybe Parcells wanted to see if Romo could do anything but hold a clipboard on the sideline which was the closest he had gotten to the field for three years. Anyway, that’s what backups who have never played a game do. They play in the preseason.

Now, surely you weren’t referring to 2010. If so, then you, my friend, smoke crack. By that point, Romo has been a three time pro bowler and had just led the Cowboys to an 11-5 record and their first playoff win since 1996!!! He was far past needing to prove anything.

You're right, i looked it up. My memory is going bad in my old age. It wasn't the whole preseason, it was the entire 1st preseason game. I guess that's why it stood it out to me because it was odd for any team to do that. Sorry for my fuzzy memory.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
First it wasn't any excuse, it was/is an opinion. Second in all of the ways I communicate with people whether face to face or in some kind of written form I've never heard or seen SJW used. That being said, saying at lot of people use that is dependent on your definition of a lot. I just got an idea and I checked 2 websites for commonly used text abbreviations and acronyms and SJW wasn't on either. I think your definition of a lot is greatly different than mine and the public in general.

https://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp
https://7esl.com/texting-abbreviations/

You checked two count em two whole websites about a word that is more recent in popularity and want to claim victory? Lol some of you people are toooooooooooooooooo funny. Face to face most people wouldn't say sjw because they are usually around people they agree with. That's why why you see it more online. I understand you don't want to admit being out of touch so ok sir.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Getting bothered by anything this idiot says is like getting upset over something the heel character does in wrestling.

landroverking

Reaction score
One real question the Jones's likely have is Dak the CEO type. The guy you want as the face of your franchise the next ten years.
Right or wrong I bet that question is in the back of their minds.

dfense

Reaction score
Personally, I think you've seen the best of Dak. Going into his 5th year, he should be at the top of his game. Cowboys would be smart to franchise him this year. If his game trails off again, they aren't married to him for several more years.

The whole argument of they can win with Dak if the rest of the team carries him is weak. Just look at San Fran, QB was weak link.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You checked two count em two whole websites about a word that is more recent in popularity and want to claim victory? Lol some of you people are toooooooooooooooooo funny. Face to face most people wouldn't say sjw because they are usually around people they agree with. That's why why you see it more online. I understand you don't want to admit being out of touch so ok sir.

Trying to AGAIN push this off on me EVEN after your "a lot of people" use something that isn't found on websites of commonly used abbreviations or acronyms. It's time you admit that what you think a lot of people use and know is really nit that well known.

aria

Reaction score
Eli was a lot better than people here gave him credit for. But my point here is since people on this thread like putting down Romo so much to prop up Dak, is that the NFC East has been a lot less competitive since Dak took over. Yes the Eagles went to the superbowl one year under Foles but now suck. The key for the playoffs is winning your division, and here as of late it should be a lot easier to win the division and make it to the playoffs than it was in the past. It is more squandered opportunities, by a QB people here were swearing was Clutch. This is all opinion put I take McNabb that romo faced over Wentz or the Eli Romo faced over the older version that Dak faced. And that Eli was more Clutch than Dak. Facing such weak NFC opponents, there should be no excuse not to make the playoffs. I like Dak and hope that the Big Mac will bring him success, but the Dak crowd here likes to put down other players to prop their guy up as if there should be no repercussions when they are putting down someone else the fan base likes. Then they call foul when someone puts down their guy or points something out. We're playing right now in the NFC Least and still can't get to the playoffs.
Seriously dude, I want to think you make a great argument but you have to use paragraphs.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't treat me like he did Witten either! I'm butthurt now.