Video: Stephen A. Smith: Dak is easily a Top 10 QB!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They need to replace that woman with a Joan Rivers type to keep up with those two yapping comedians.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Those 3rd and 4th team scrubs the Eagles played in their last game against Dallas was really challenging. Dak lit them up. I wonder why he wasn't as successful in the playoff game...
Same with NO. I mean they even had their 3rd stringer on the field and he put up a better run game than Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak puts people in the stands and that's all that really matters to this owner.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those 3rd and 4th team scrubs the Eagles played in their last game against Dallas was really challenging. Dak lit them up. I wonder why he wasn't as successful in the playoff game...
They have a 4th team?

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Although I believe Dak is top 10, I agree with what you have said here about Stephen A. Didn't watch the video and have only ever watched one of his viedos because he just says whatever he needs to to get views, and sadly, many give them to him.

For what it's worth, Dak was top 10 the first half of last season. I don't believe he was the second half of the season after he got hurt. As long as he's healthy, I think he'll be top 10 again this year.
How are you top ten when you beat a couple of winning teams in a whole season?

kskboys

Reaction score
I think it’s obvious Dak is a top 10 QB. He’s not making ground breaking observations.
Not obvious. 10ish, sure.

However, for some odd reason people are hung up on the number "10". There's very little difference between the 8th best QB and the 12th best, and the difference is often no more than opinion.

Take Derek Carr, for example. People keep automatically putting Dak over him, but Derek was very good last year, better than Dak overall.

And then there's the QB's who are around the same level, Tannehill, Murray, Jackson, Cousins, Mac Jones, and Matt Ryan. Many of them are really too close to call.

And then you've got the new guys, Lawrence and Wilson and even Justin Fields.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
y
And this is coming from one of the biggest Cowboys haters lol. Honestly whether he said it or not, the numbers dont lie. His numbers automatically put him in the top 10. Hopefully he can take a step to get himself in the top 5 or even 3.

We'll see!!

Yes, his contract numbers are top notch.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know that Stephen A about fell out of his chair when Cousins was mentioned, but really, statistically speaking over the last 5 year nobody is more similar to Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not obvious. 10ish, sure.

However, for some odd reason people are hung up on the number "10". There's very little difference between the 8th best QB and the 12th best, and the difference is often no more than opinion.

Take Derek Carr, for example. People keep automatically putting Dak over him, but Derek was very good last year, better than Dak overall.

And then there's the QB's who are around the same level, Tannehill, Murray, Jackson, Cousins, Mac Jones, and Matt Ryan. Many of them are really too close to call.

And then you've got the new guys, Lawrence and Wilson and even Justin Fields.
Derek Carr was not better than Dak last year.

Dak had much higher TDs thrown for, much lesser INTs committed, a better completions %, a much higher passer rating and a better QBR rating. That's because Dak had less passing attempts.

The only thing Derek Carr had better than Dak was passing yards (350 more yards than Dak). Then again, Derek Carr had much more passing attempts. Overall, Dak beat Derek in every other passing category.

kskboys

Reaction score
Derek Carr was not better than Dak last year.

Dak had much higher TDs thrown for, much lesser INTs committed, a better completions %, a much higher passer rating and a better QBR rating. That's because Dak had less passing attempts.

The only thing Derek Carr had better than Dak was passing yards (350 more yards than Dak). Then again, Derek Carr had much more passing attempts. Overall, Dak beat Derek in every other passing category.
You missed the point. There are about 8 or so QB's you can argue for to fit in the bottom of the top 10. None are wrong, none are right.

BermyStar

Reaction score
This is all accurate.
He has moments where he is top 5 but it isn't consistent enough to say he warrants that spot overall.
He is however 100% in the top 10.
Could go anywhere 6-9 depending upon the day and time and which young guys someone falls in love with.

but a few facts:
Dak outplayed Josh Allen last year -- until the playoffs. Josh hit a level in the playoffs Dak has not.
Dak accounted for 40 TDs and 26 TO, the fumbles were far too high but this ratio is still really good and laps people like Kyler Murray.

All in all LAST year I'd rank Dak 8th. I think the ankle injury and lack of ball control with fumbles cost him a spot at 6. It would have taken a long playoff run to crack top 5.
Well said homie