Stephen addresses the thought of Will McClay as future GM

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan on VP of player personnel Will McClay staying in Dallas: “It’s something that comes up every year because obviously he’s a guy who does an amazing job for us. … Obviously we think the world of Will. Always want him to be a Cowboy, but everything is always a work in progress.

“We’d love for Will to be here as long as we can keep him here.”

Any chance they eventually give him a different title (like GM)?

“I’m not into titles or anything like that. I’ve never been a title guy. We’re just gonna keep doing what we do, it’s working.”

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I'd give the job to a fetus.
I'd give the job to Festus.

Gunsmoke-Festus-paint-by-numbers-510x407.jpg

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan on VP of player personnel Will McClay staying in Dallas: “It’s something that comes up every year because obviously he’s a guy who does an amazing job for us. … Obviously we think the world of Will. Always want him to be a Cowboy, but everything is always a work in progress.

“I’m not into titles or anything like that. I’ve never been a title guy. We’re just gonna keep doing what we do, it’s working.”

Yep working great Stephen!
Say, how long has it been since we have been to a NFCCG?
Last century,
Huh?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

So he is saying that he doesn't want the title when his father dies. Much like I figured.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stephen Jones: “I’m not into titles or anything like that. I’ve never been a title guy. We’re just gonna keep doing what we do, it’s working.”
This is a very disrespectful and ignorant comment by Stephen Jones.

Of course it is easy to not be a "title guy" when you are at the top.

I mean, if he's not a "title guy" then why not give McClay the GM title since it does not matter to him.