Stephen: All that's on our mind is getting Dak extended

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not many of us like Dak very much, but most show some restraint and don't turn every thread into a bash Dak thread. But, I will admit, they are comical and give me a reason to mess with them for fun.
See, we're on the same page...different book, but same page number.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious they will extend Dak to create cap space and sign some linebackers and other players.
Something they’ve said all along. I love seeing all the Dak haters freaking out like teenage girls. It’s Gold :grin: :facepalm:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not many of us like Dak very much
2IR.gif

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yes.

Officially.

At 2-5 he is tied with 2 other QBs for the worst playoff record ever with at least 5 starts.
It would be slightly better if the Cowboys weren't winning their division and they had to go on the road and Dak was say 2-1 at home and even 0-4 on the road. But that isn't the case. Dak is 1-3 at home, also tied for the worst home playoff record.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

Their intent all along. Could you imagine this place if SJ and daddy would have said this the day after the Packer game? This is what they do every year. Right after the last game, "We're going all in". Then they let the dust settle and make the easy, less expensive, less competitive, conservative decisions that they can afford promote and sell to the ignorant fans. Wash, rinse, repeat. This team makes $$ whether it wins or losses and JJ and son walk off the stage patting each other on the back like they know something about the game.
Next year it's a playoff loss, a new HC and OC and the ignorant family back to selling this flea circus.

plymkr

Reaction score
So "all in" really does mean run it back....That's not specifically a Dak comment, but true to everything Stephen has said to the media today.
How can they want to run it back when it ended so embarrassingly?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I thought that for a #4 pick it wasn't a bad move at the time but with Jerry and Stephen all up in Dak's jock strap and soon will be making him the highest paid player in Cowboys history, it was a dumb move on Jerry's and or Stephen's part.
So we basically gave up a #4 for nothing. Yay!
A real GM would have seen this coming, if he had talked to anyone, they would have rightfully, tried to talk him out it. Then he even over paid in the trade. I hope GM Jeruh is not negotiating any contracts moving forward.

Dak's contract made it extremely obviously. The trade for Trance never had a chance and should not have happened. It was not fair to him.

What is even worse is we are chasing SF. We just extended the gap significantly in my opinion.

Basically we gave them

2 4th's - 1 for them, minus 1 for us.

$10.4M - wasted 5.2M in for us and a saved $5.2M for them.

Can we try to resign Trance after this year in an attempt to salvage a 4th round pick? Sure, but why? This kid has not played in 4 years. Next year will be 5. How does he improve.

Why pass on Rush when he has proven to be a legit backup. Just in an attempt to pretend like, it was not a wasted trade?