Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This is like the Earl Thomas trade but better considering he’s still young and on a Rookie deal.

I really want this deal done.
I agree. Dallas simply isn’t going to pay age at this point, so I really didn’t think that would happen (ET). Fitz though... he’s so young and talented, plus he’s on a rookie contract with a 5th year option, so I do think they’ll be interested.

However, he’s not NFL proven like ET, so the team will have to feel comfortable that he’s actually a good player, not just talented.

Saban saying he’s a great team mate will help the cause.

It might happen on Monday.

Carson

Reaction score
I agree. Dallas simply isn’t going to pay age at this point, so I really didn’t think that would happen (ET). Fitz though... he’s so young and talented, plus he’s on a rookie contract with a 5th year option, so I do think they’ll be interested.

However, he’s not NFL proven like ET, so the team will have to feel comfortable that he’s actually a good player, not just talented.

Only thing I can think of by getting him, you then allow Jones to walk and ride out Minkas contract until it’s up. You can then kick the bucket down the road to reup him in a few years.

If they don’t resign Brown they still have Fitzpatrick - Awuzie - Lewis at corner next year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of by getting him, you then allow Jones to walk and ride out Minkas contract until it’s up. You can then kick the bucket down the road to reup him in a few years.

If they don’t resign Brown they still have Fitzpatrick - Awuzie - Lewis at corner next year.

Other words, he gives us options.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

This and having the same agent as Taco IMO. Remember they wanted Clowney real bad. Of course I'm saying Taco and Clowney are on the same level or Taco alone can get it done but it shows their need for the DL/pass rusher. So maybe a 2nd and Taco can get it done. I'd even consider two 2nd rounders 2020 and 2021 instead of 2nd and Taco.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Haven’t read the whole thread, so don’t know if it’s been mentioned. Is there a chance Trysten Hill might be included in trade talks. He’s got potential and would be going back home. I’m not giving up on the player at all, but we’re not in dire need for a DT (Collins, Covington, Woods). We’d have a corner under contract for 3 more years, could let go of BJ, and could give Collins another contract. Heck, BJ might even be included in these trade talks.

Why would Miami want Byron Jones in his contract year, or our 2nd round pick who was inactive in week one?