Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Woods at SS is not a good plan.

MFitz would be better at SS than Woods but does not want to play there.

It's more likely to look at 2020:
Awuzie & MFitz at outside CB
Lewis Slot WR
Woods FS
SS Either Wilson, a 2020 draft pick or a free agent purchased with money saved on Jones & Brown.

Do we know for a fact he doesn't wanna play SS or is it something started on social media w/o substance?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Woods is a FA after 2020......vs you get what, 3-4 ( including 5th-year option) years service from Fiz.

That doesn't make sense to trade a premium pick to replace a player with two years left on his deal. If he was replacing Byron Jones that would make more sense to me.

Byron Jones and Anthony Brown are free agents after this year.

Exactly, makes more sense to trade for him at corner than safety.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Without reading the last 10 pages, where does Fitzpatrick fit into the defense?

Apparently he's looked terrible at safety with the Dolphins, and the Cowboys already have Lewis at nickel which is the position he's been great at with Miami.

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to trade a premium pick to replace a player with two years left on his deal. If he was replacing Byron Jones that would make more sense to me.

Exactly, makes more sense to trade for him at corner than safety.

That's my point......he replaces Jones until Woods becomes a FA. Then move to his preferred FS position.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
That's my point......he replaces Jones until Woods becomes a FA. Then move to his preferred FS position.

That doesn't make sense to me. Assuming Fitz is playing well as an outside corner, why would you move him? It is a lot harder to get a good corner than a good safety. Plus it would be time to decide on his fifth year option before he even attempted to play safety. Plus didn't Fitz say he doesn't want to play strong safety? For their scheme, the Cowboys want their safeties to play both spots so he would have to play some strong safety.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to me. Assuming Fitz is playing well as an outside corner, why would you move him? It is a lot harder to get a good corner than a good safety. Plus it would be time to decide on his fifth year option before he even attempted to play safety. Plus didn't Fitz say he doesn't want to play strong safety? For their scheme, the Cowboys want their safeties to play both spots so he would have to play some strong safety.

Agree 100% ......I'm not saying you HAVE to move him if shows he can play CB at a high level. If that happens, yea leave him at CB and draft Woods replacement. Either way, we would have replaced Jones CB position with a blue-chipper still on a rookie deal, saving $$$$.

RamziD

Reaction score
Haven’t read the whole thread, so don’t know if it’s been mentioned. Is there a chance Trysten Hill might be included in trade talks. He’s got potential and would be going back home. I’m not giving up on the player at all, but we’re not in dire need for a DT (Collins, Covington, Woods). We’d have a corner under contract for 3 more years, could let go of BJ, and could give Collins another contract. Heck, BJ might even be included in these trade talks.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Always ask three questions when considering trades:

1) Is he available? Apparently yes.
2) Does he make us better? Yes
3) Is he affordable? To be determined. Jones & McClay know the answer on this, we don't.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Always ask three questions when considering trades:

1) Is he available? Apparently yes.
2) Does he make us better? Yes
3) Is he affordable? To be determined. Jones & McClay know the answer on this, we don't.

I don't think he's affordable. I feel like multiple teams that will likely have a worse record will be willing to give up whatever pick the Cowboys would.

Dre11

Reaction score
Broaddus has a track record of being wrong way more often than not.

About 1 out of 100 things he "foresees" is something that he heard from coaches/management.

He was either going to say 5th or 4th round pick. A 3rd is a premium pick and he was not going to guess that high.

That's Bs, you keep putting this out there. I don't know what he did you. ..lol I listen to those guys all the time and they get things right a lot.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

Voch Lombardi is saying Fitzpatrick is strictly a nickel corner. Long video but should go straight to the quote if you click the link. Starts at the 38:00 minute mark.