Stephen: Cooks will miss "some games"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cooks ypt is 4.8.

Just miserable. Would have been reasonable to cut some of his snaps for Flournoy based on performance alone.
Flournoy missed some of camp with an injury and hasn’t done anything so far. Hard to cut snaps for a veteran WR for a sixth round pick who’s way down the depth chart.

Bagman

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, this is good news. Cooks isn't really providing much. No deep catches, he doesn't win 50/50 balls and honestly, doesn't even get open that well. I like Cooks as a mentor but I prefer a young, hungrier WR with some fight. It may be worth it to give the newbies a shot

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Flournoy missed some of camp with an injury and hasn’t done anything so far. Hard to cut snaps for a veteran WR for a sixth round pick who’s way down the depth chart.
Not when the veteran is just stinking it up.
Then you just start putting what you got on the field and seeing if they can do better. 4.8 ypt is a very low bar to clear.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not when the veteran is just stinking it up.
Then you just start putting what you got on the field and seeing if they can do better. 4.8 ypt is a very low bar to clear.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say he’s stinking it up. He just hasn’t made a lot of plays. He’s off to a real slow start. If Flournoy had shown anything he would have been given an opportunity before this. He’s behind Tolbert and Brooks. Cooks is still a speed threat and we don’t have a lot of speed at WR. He has to be accounted for.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wouldn’t go so far as to say he’s stinking it up. He just hasn’t made a lot of plays. He’s off to a real slow start. If Flournoy had shown anything he would have been given an opportunity before this. He’s behind Tolbert and Brooks. Cooks is still a speed threat and we don’t have a lot of speed at WR. He has to be accounted for.
4.8 YPT?
That's stinky for a WR. A WR under 7 isn't earning his snaps. His previous worst season was 7.5. And he was here last year. With Dak.
Lowest of the other WRs this year is 6.9.

The problem isn't lack of targets., The stat is Yards *Per Target*. He's hasn't been producing with the targets he's gotten.

Most likely Cooks has been hampered by the knee and can do better if they can fix the knee up, but I wouldn't think should be so complicated.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
4.8 YPT?
That's stinky for a WR. A WR under 7 isn't earning his snaps. His previous worst season was 7.5. And he was here last year. With Dak.
Lowest of the other WRs this year is 6.9.

The problem isn't lack of targets., The stat is Yards *Per Target*. He's hasn't been producing with the targets he's gotten.

Most likely Cooks has been hampered by the knee and can do better if they can fix the knee up, but I wouldn't think should be so complicated.
Maybe you consider that stinking it up. I consider it a slow start. Once you get past CeeDee no one has looked great. Even CeeDee has had his bumps this season. He only has one more TD than Cooks, despite a lot more catches and yards. No telling how long the knee has been bothering Cooks. We’ll see if the younger receivers step up tomorrow. This is a great opportunity for them.

quickccc

Reaction score
I didn't expect him back until after the bye.

Do the Cowboys bring in WR help?

They lost 2 DE's and only signed a PS player.
Even when cooks returns, I don't expect him to be at full strength again with that problematic knee.

In short, I think this is his last year here with the cowboys.

I think they will see how tolbert, brooks and flourney group works out and then seek an added option per trade, or practice squad.

There really isn't anyone of key value on the streets as a free agent as of now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hey, whatever happened to “holding Dak accountable if he doesnt sign at 50 million” LOL
I have. I don't agree with Dak's greediness at all, but I still support his play when he's out there battling to try to help the team win. You got a better idea?