Twitter: Stephen doesn't anticipate moving up on Day 2

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
My favorite guys for Round 2:

1. OT Teven Jenkins: Dallas supposedly had interested in Slater at 10 or 12. Jenkins is almost as good and he's still available.
2. S Trevon Moehrig
3. DT Christian Barmore
4. CB Asante Samuel, Jr.
5. S Jevon Holland
6. Edge Azeez Ojulari
7. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah: Talent-wise should be higher, but no need now.
8. DT Levi Onwuzurike
9. CB Elijah Molden
10. OL Creed Humphrey
11. CB Tyson Campbell

I'd love to somehow get two of these guys by combining our extra 3rd round picks.

btcutter

Reaction score
Have to admit, a short trade up from 44 seemed like a decent move if we had a willing trade partner

Barmore or Moering or maybe Samual

then again, theres a great chance one of those three or Holland is there at 44

I think you are right. Cowboys will use those later picks just for advance their 2nd and 3rd rounds up a few slots to ensure they get certain players once they are within reach. That’s probably the right way. I don’t see big moves since we do have so many needs and there are plenty of good players in 2nd and 3rd round. They won’t be selecting 11 players from this draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
Have to admit, a short trade up from 44 seemed like a decent move if we had a willing trade partner

Barmore or Moering or maybe Samual

then again, theres a great chance one of those three or Holland is there at 44

This sounds like the best logic to me. Especially since Dallas got that extra 3rd. I thought that's probably why Dallas refused an offer from the Bears. An extra 2nd is more valuable this year than Chicago's first next year IMO. But they're just passing off a 5th. I wouldn't have taken the Bears offer. The NYG could do it because they were just looking at WR.

Dallas can stay put for awhile. But I certainly hope they consider trading up at some point if it looks like none will be there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, let's hope "staying put" means as much tomorrow, as "passing on those who opted out" meant today. Seriously, trade up with the Jets at 34. With 44 and 99, it matches the trade chart, and we get either JOK or Moehrig. Worth it, easily!
Yup I agree

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though I'm a Barmore man I'm not that surprised he's still on the board. He came on at an elite level only late in the season. One more season playing like that and he's easily a top 15 pick.

I am shocked that Owusu-Koramoah is still there.

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
My favorite guys for Round 2:

1. OT Teven Jenkins: Dallas supposedly had interested in Slater at 10 or 12. Jenkins is almost as good and he's still available.
2. S Trevon Moehrig
3. DT Christian Barmore
4. CB Asante Samuel, Jr.
5. S Jevon Holland
6. Edge Azeez Ojulari
7. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah: Talent-wise should be higher, but no need now.
8. DT Levi Onwuzurike
9. CB Elijah Molden
10. OL Creed Humphrey
11. CB Tyson Campbell

I'd love to somehow get two of these guys by combining our extra 3rd round picks.

Nice write-up totally agree. We also have to many picks they all can’t make the 53. Move on up! Somehow getting Jenkins would be surreal.

9darter

Reaction score
Now watch this lazy FO sit back and reach for Milton Williams at 44 :thumbdown:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Even though I'm a Barmore man I'm not that surprised he's still on the board. He came on at an elite level only late in the season. One more season playing like that and he's easily a top 15 pick.

I am shocked that Owusu-Koramoah is still there.
waiting on some medicals for JOK...is the rumor

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score

The Cowboys head into the second and third round with four picks thanks to their trade with Philadelphia, but Stephen Jones did not anticipate moves up because the Cowboys need the low-cost picks considering some high-priced contracts. “We take a lot of pride in the way we’ve drafted over the last 10 years, but we put a lot of work in our board,” he said. “I think if we stick to all the work that we’ve put into it, we’re really going to get really good football players.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

He needs to reconsider... I'll give him a ring...

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I would be extremely aggressive today if I were the man. I might even call Jacksonville and see if they have any interest in Gallup or Cooper for their 2 2nd round picks this year.. give us 33 and 45 to go along with 44, 75, 84 and 99 That would be 7 top 100 picks this year for a WR we won't have on our roster after this next year anyway.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The Cowboys head into the second and third round with four picks thanks to their trade with Philadelphia, but Stephen Jones did not anticipate moves up because the Cowboys need the low-cost picks considering some high-priced contracts. “We take a lot of pride in the way we’ve drafted over the last 10 years, but we put a lot of work in our board,” he said. “I think if we stick to all the work that we’ve put into it, we’re really going to get really good football players.”

i

Which means the Cowboys are going to move up.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
That’s means we’re trading up just like they weren’t drafting an opt out

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

i

Should you though?

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
There is not need to reach. Boys are not one or two players away from becoming Super Bowl contenders. And yes, have to make up for having too many over paid players. Now I am ok moving up in the draft tomorrow or even trading down tomorrow and pick up high draft picks next year.

morasp

Reaction score
They asked him if he would bundle the Round 2 and/or 3 picks to move up. He didn't say they wouldn't use a day 3 pick to move up in round two or three today.