Twitter: Stephen doesn't anticipate moving up on Day 2

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m kind of torn on trading up to the top of the 2nd. There are a couple of guys that I’m definitely interested in, however, those 3 3rds are looking very good.

I’d like Moehrig but there is some speculation that Dallas likes Holland as much as him and the Oregon safety will probably be sitting there at 44.

So, in Dallas’ minds having Holland and three 3rds may be better than Moehrig and just two 3rds. I’m not sure I can say they’re wrong.

RS12

Reaction score
I really loved that 2012 draft. Same with 2015,2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and 2013 (excl FredBeard) . Maybe batting .260 with a 680OPS?
2017 was an epic fail. Almost like the legendary 2009 and 1995 drafts. The stench is still in the air from those two.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you move up and miss now you've wasted multiple picks. You've got an extra pick from Philly, so take an extra player and increase your odds.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Now watch this lazy FO sit back and reach for Milton Williams at 44 :thumbdown:
I’d be 100% ok with that.

As rare an athlete as Parsons is... Williams is even more rare. His testing was a little better than Aaron Donald’s.

Dallas wanted more speed and aggression on defense... well these two would be one hell of a start.

I’d love to get him at 3T. I mean, Gallimore and Hill aren’t instilling a lot of confidence at one of the most important positions in Quinn’s scheme.

KDM256

Reaction score
Might not be the popular take but I agree with Stephen on this one.. With 4 picks tonight, I am not trading away sh!t either. Its a lot of talent still on the board and Cowboys can really add legit depth or new starters to this team and not rely on JAGs.

Tyson Campbell
Levi Onwuzurike
Andre Cisco
Trey Smith
Kelvin Joseph
Alim McNeil
Landon Dickerson

phildadon86

Reaction score
My favorite guys for Round 2:

1. OT Teven Jenkins: Dallas supposedly had interested in Slater at 10 or 12. Jenkins is almost as good and he's still available.
2. S Trevon Moehrig
3. DT Christian Barmore
4. CB Asante Samuel, Jr.
5. S Jevon Holland
6. Edge Azeez Ojulari
7. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah: Talent-wise should be higher, but no need now.
8. DT Levi Onwuzurike
9. CB Elijah Molden
10. OL Creed Humphrey
11. CB Tyson Campbell

I'd love to somehow get two of these guys by combining our extra 3rd round picks.
Richie Grant?

bewp7

Reaction score
good lol it is almost always better to let the draft come to u.

unless there is a slider that they have first round grade on and they is real high on and u want to move up from 44 then just make ur picks because the cowboys will get 4 really good prospect today.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We have built a championship team for the past 25 years, we are going to continue tradition.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones could raise his IQ stock and leadership capability perception with one very simple move: Just be quiet Stephen. Close your mouth. Don’t answer that question. Let your actions do the talking.

conner01

Reaction score
Not trading up is a massive failure
Sitting on 10 picks is stupid
A good number won’t make the team
Use the ammo to go get players we need
Go get the top safety, DT, best CB left
Sitting back means no CB because I expect a run on CB early in the second

conner01

Reaction score
Imma scream "Max Unger" and go throw up
I wonder how many here remember that
But the big difference now is we have way more picks than roster spots
This is the perfect time to go get your top 3-4 players you want. Keep one 3rd in case someone falls but I’d leverage all the rest to go get my 3-4 guys

conner01

Reaction score
I’m kind of torn on trading up to the top of the 2nd. There are a couple of guys that I’m definitely interested in, however, those 3 3rds are looking very good.

I’d like Moehrig but there is some speculation that Dallas likes Holland as much as him and the Oregon safety will probably be sitting there at 44.

So, in Dallas’ minds having Holland and three 3rds may be better than Moehrig and just two 3rds. I’m not sure I can say they’re wrong.
I’d trade some picks to get another second
The 3rds are great and all but if I could turn two of them into a second I’d do it. It would obviously cost more than just the two 3’s but I could care less about picking tomorrow
Load up on good players today

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Passive drafting has never worked for anyone. But, we have the laziest FO in the NFL so should we expect anything less?