Twitter: Stephen doesn't anticipate moving up on Day 2

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m kind of torn on trading up to the top of the 2nd. There are a couple of guys that I’m definitely interested in, however, those 3 3rds are looking very good.

I’d like Moehrig but there is some speculation that Dallas likes Holland as much as him and the Oregon safety will probably be sitting there at 44.

So, in Dallas’ minds having Holland and three 3rds may be better than Moehrig and just two 3rds. I’m not sure I can say they’re wrong.
I feel the same.

There are times when a pick is made, you'd rather have a different player, but you have to hope they know more than we do.

It gets maddening when a Reggie Robinson happens, while fans were hoping for other players that ended up as a much better choice.

It's been happening forever and he is one small example.

I'd love to have all the confidence that they are making the right picks, but that's not easy to do sometimes.

They did well last year, and the meat of this draft is in a few hours.

We hope. That's what we do.

We are Dallas fans. It's all we really have.

Sydla

Reaction score
You're coveting a player by how you see it, they probably have a different perspective than you. They may have Holland rated similar to Moehrig for instance, which, would make sense for them wait.

Given the fact that Stephen just came out and basically said we are going to stay where we are because we want as many cheap contracts as we can get to fill out the roster, my guess is they are more content with contract considerations than adding a guy or two that can make a big impact.

This logic should surprise zero people if you have paid attention to Jerry and Stephen the last few years.

Mannix

Reaction score
------They will have to take a CB in the 2nd, if they want a corner that can start with minimal risk on he field.

But at what spot? Booger and Chuckles NEVER have a plan for the BEGINNING of Round 2 and players at the position we are in need of often go off the board one after another after another....by the time they become aware that there may be trouble, its too late. They need to get off their azz and go to the front of the line and get the BEST corner left going into Round 2. Will they? Hell no....just watch!!!

aria

Reaction score
I’m not the slightest bit worried about it, these guys know what they’re doing as proven by the past several drafts. I’ve even been reminded several times how they’re one of the best teams in the league at drafting. Especially after every draft, I hear how they were one of the best teams until about 3-4 years later when all those top picks aren’t even on the roster or we let walk because they weren’t worth keeping.

Don’t worry, they got this!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Given the fact that Stephen just came out and basically said we are going to stay where we are because we want as many cheap contracts as we can get to fill out the roster, my guess is they are more content with contract considerations than adding a guy or two that can make a big impact.

This logic should surprise zero people if you have paid attention to Jerry and Stephen the last few years.
Yeah, the want cheap contracts because they spent the money on offense and have to go cheap on defense. However, if they do what you suggest and package some picks and move up they would come out cheaper.

817Gill

Reaction score
That doesn’t mean we won’t.
Exactly lol this forum is hilarious. Based on what the message is some say it’s smokescreen some say it’s certain.

Only certainty is that none of us have any clue about what the team wants to do. If you really think Jones saying this means we have no chance of moving around you are green.

817Gill

Reaction score
Have we not learned by now to take what JJ and SJ say considering the draft with a grain of salt? Didn't JJ just come out and say that opt out players are compromised? One could easily interpret this to mean that they may be steering clear of these players but yet they took Parsons.
Refreshing, a man of reason. People who continue to take the Jones’s words literally will continue to get worked up at every media session they do.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good!

Stay where they are and take the highest rated players on their boards in areas of need.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
There's no reason to move up.

#44 Richie Grant, Levi Onwuzurike or Kelvin Joseph
#75 Elijah Molden or Jalen Mayfield
#84 Jay Tufele or Tyson Campbell
#99 Marlon Tuipulotu

There you go. Jerry and Stephen, you can take the rest of the night off.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no reason to move up.

#44 Richie Grant, Levi Onwuzurike or Kelvin Joseph
#75 Elijah Molden or Jalen Mayfield
#84 Jay Tufele or Tyson Campbell
#99 Marlon Tuipulotu

There you go. Jerry and Stephen, you can take the rest of the night off.

Absolutely correct!

There will be talented players that drop.

817Gill

Reaction score
Please don’t take everything literally guys! We want them to not tip their hand and then we freak out and take them literally. So strange.

Sydla

Reaction score
So Stephen wasn't lying when he said they need all these 3rd and 4th round picks to get cheap contracts.

I'll eat my hat if all five of our 3rd and 4th round picks actually make the 53.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Stephen is a moron. Guess he’s happy losing all his targets and taking 3 JAGs + a head case.

Sydla

Reaction score
Stephen is a moron. Guess he’s happy losing all his targets and taking 3 JAGs + a head case.

I mean there is a really good chance at least two of these third round picks that he claimed would provide us with good cheap depth won’t even make the 53.

What a disaster after the 2nd round.