Twitter: Stephen: Gilbert had a “hell of a day” But Andy Dalton will be Dallas’ starting QB

phildadon86

Reaction score
i am smoking history and reality

I don't think dalton had martin in his 1 game. Zeke killed 2 drives with fumbles, the refs stole one, and gallup dropped an easy td. Fix all of that, the defense is improving, I am wondering why you can't see the possibility.
Because Dalton is garbage. Even when the protection was good he was garbage. Let me guess. You also were one of the ones who said Dalton would play as well if not better than Dak?

Losing a guard doesnt make a team go from 30 plus points a game to 6. Thats QB play.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I think it matters to the players on the team. There's a different energy when Gilbert started. Win or lose, I'd rather see a spirited team.

Dalton had the we just lost our starting qb energy. The team has had a few weeks. The defense energy is skyrocketing. The cowboys want andy out there

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dalton proved quite helpful to the Bengals in securing the No. 1 overall pick. Stephen appears to be tipping his hand as to what our master plan actually is.

I hope you’re right but with a little protection I think he’s going to be the QB he’s always been.

Go Jets.

kevm3

Reaction score
I feel like the FO want that top 3 pick so they'll have leverage with Dak in case Dak wants obscene money. If Dak wants 40 per year, they'll just draft a qb and tag and trade Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I hope you’re right but with a little protection I think he’s going to be the QB he’s always been.

Go Jets.
A loser who cant win when it matters in primetime or the playoffs who throws more picks than TDs? Yeah you are right.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Because Dalton is garbage. Even when the protection was good he was garbage. Let me guess. You also were one of the ones who said Dalton would play as well if not better than Dak?

Losing a guard doesnt make a team go from 30 plus points a game to 6. Thats QB play.

No, I wasn't one who said that.

3398 yards 20tds
3669 yards 27tds
4293 yards 33tds
3398 yards 19tds
3250 yards 25tds
4206 yards 18tds
3320 yards 25tds
2566 yards 21tds
3494 yards 16tds

That is his history. You discount that, and after 1 game with a team he has never played with, after a week of preparation, and with a team who just had a huge gut punch losing dak, your evaluation is he can not run this offefnse?

phildadon86

Reaction score
No, I wasn't one who said that.

3398 yards 20tds
3669 yards 27tds
4293 yards 33tds
3398 yards 19tds
3250 yards 25tds
4206 yards 18tds
3320 yards 25tds
2566 yards 21tds
3494 yards 16tds

That is his history. You discount that, and after 1 game with a team he has never played with, after a week of preparation, and with a team who just had a huge gut punch losing dak, your evaluation is he can not run this offefnse?
He put up 50 yards of offense in a half of football against The Football Team. But sure. Keep the hope alive.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think it matters to the players on the team. There's a different energy when Gilbert started. Win or lose, I'd rather see a spirited team.
there was energy in the eagles game the defense has been playing well since the 2nd half of the skins game so this has been building and AD deserves at least a game where the team plays well around him to show why he signed here..it doesnt matter i believe they respect Dalton as once starter in this league and will rally for him as well..

look if he takes dump the first half of the next game looks lethargic you pull him and put in GG..not big deal

GG was a nice surprise no doubt but he did throw pick in the redzone and took that sack late etc etc its not like he looked like Montana, nothing wrong with giving AD another chance..
this is laughable argument in lost season, you all acting like this 2016 when Romo was helathy enough to come back and only chance he got he drive down for quick score, thats a debate worth discussing..

NOT a guy who before the game was getting made fun of and everyone saying NOOCH should start, go look around at the pregame threads..

this is AD vs GG SMH gimmee a break.

.lets just watch and see..we can debate the mistake if it happens to be one..we can come and debate it..

bewp7

Reaction score
stupid...more showing why this organization is a dumster fire. dont let guy who actually earn it play time just give it to guy who dont. stupid way to run a football team. just stupid.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He put up 50 yards of offense in a half of football against The Football Team. But sure. Keep the hope alive.

was he holding the ball for zeke's 2 fumbles that killed drives? Did he drop an easy td pass to gallup? Did he not make the PI call when lamb got tackled?

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is what drives me nuts about this franchise. Why can't he just say something like, "Well Andy is looking healthier but it will be up to the coaching staff to determine who will be starting"? It's maddening. Why don't the Jones' boys just go down and put headsets on and coach themselves?
how do we know this wasn't a MM decsions? im betting he does have that option its just the Joneses announcing it...get over it i doubt they are forcing AD on MM in this situation where we are what 2-7?

phildadon86

Reaction score
was he holding the ball for zeke's 2 fumbles that killed drives? Did he drop an easy td pass to gallup? Did he not make the PI call when lamb got tackled?
Ohhhh so we are making excuses for Dalton which Dak never got. I understand now. How about the turnovers Dalton himself caused? Or do we forget those too. Look man. Sorry to burst your bubble. But Dalton is garbage. And has been for some time. Like really bad. Its amazing to me how many people here only watch Cowboys games. Let me repeat this again for you.

I have watched a lot of Dalton. A lot. He has been bad for a long long time. He doesnt perform well under pressure. Never has. He has a horrible record in primetime games. Hes just bad. Really really bad. So please stop. Dalton isnt putting up 300 yards of offense just because Martin is back lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
BTW we didnt score in the 4th qtr had sacks and INt and what not... not like this matters much.. we lost 4 in row and whos the best of the worst B/up qb doesnt matter,,

Praxit

Reaction score
..what GG needs is more playing time. He will develop even further if let to play. Sticking with Dalton, is half-guts. GG almost beat the undefeated Steelers how's that for promise?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Ohhhh so we are making excuses for Dalton which Dak never got. I understand now. How about the turnovers Dalton himself caused? Or do we forget those too. Look man. Sorry to burst your bubble. But Dalton is garbage. And has been for some time. Like really bad. Its amazing to me how many people here only watch Cowboys games. Let me repeat this again for you.

I have watched a lot of Dalton. A lot. He has been bad for a long long time. He doesnt perform well under pressure. Never has. He has a horrible record in primetime games. Hes just bad. Really really bad. So please stop. Dalton isnt putting up 300 yards of offense just because Martin is back lol.

I am not comparing dalton to dak.

Dak is injured and is no longer relevant. Cry all you want, but he is done for the season

The nfc east is bad. Dalton has very good playmakers. The defense is improving.

The season is not over.

I do watch other games. I watched foles win a superbowl. I watched eli beat the patriots with a helmet catch

They might not win another game, or they could make a run in the playoffs. We will see.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
there was energy in the eagles game the defense has been playing well since the 2nd half of the skins game so this has been building and AD deserves at least a game where the team plays well around him to show why he signed here..it doesnt matter i believe they respect Dalton as once starter in this league and will rally for him as well..

look if he takes dump the first half of the next game looks lethargic you pull him and put in GG..not big deal

GG was a nice surprise no doubt but he did throw pick in the redzone and took that sack late etc etc its not like he looked like Montana, nothing wrong with giving AD another chance..
this is laughable argument in lost season, you all acting like this 2016 when Romo was helathy enough to come back and only chance he got he drive down for quick score, thats a debate worth discussing..

NOT a guy who before the game was getting made fun of and everyone saying NOOCH should start, go look around at the pregame threads..

this is AD vs GG SMH gimmee a break.

.lets just watch and see..we can debate the mistake if it happens to be one..we can come and debate it..
I mean I did sort of understand your point until you suggested I thought any sort of way in 2016 with regard to Romo. Huh?
Also, that's not the energy I was referring to. Agree to disagree.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I am not comparing dalton to dak.

Dak is injured and is no longer relevant. Cry all you want, but he is done for the season

The nfc east is bad. Dalton has very good playmakers. The defense is improving.

The season is not over.

I do watch other games. I watched foles win a superbowl. I watched eli beat the patriots with a helmet catch

They might not win another game, or they could make a run in the playoffs. We will see.
Do you know this franchises record without QB's named Romo or Dak? Ill let you go look that up. Get back to me when you come back to reality. Dalton isnt throwing for 300 yards. He had all those same playmakers 2 weeks ago. And he stunk the joint up. He stunk up the joint in Arizona too.

Reactions: G2

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Because as usual, the Cowboys Front Office is far more concerned with being "right" than winning games. After jettisoning three FAs already, there is no chance the team moves on from Dalton.