Twitter: Stephen: Gilbert had a “hell of a day” But Andy Dalton will be Dallas’ starting QB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, Nov 9, 2020.

1. CTcowboy203

CTcowboy203 Active Member

134 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    we can’t “ make a run in the playoffs”...can we make them? Sure, because the division is so bad that someone HAS to. There will be no run in the playoffs.

Developing young guys and seeing whose worthy to stay on the roster >>>>>>>hosting a wildcard game and getting trounced

2. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

2,738 Messages
    2,900 Likes Received
    We used to win SBs in past eras. The Romo/Dak era is full of 8-8 seasons and playoff disapointments.

Brax and Philmonroe like this.
  3. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,525 Messages
    4,474 Likes Received
    This proves to me the dysfunctional minds of the organization. They'll play the guy they paid money for instead of the guy that gives them the best chance to win. They'd rather lose with the decisions they've made then be flexible and try and win. Pure dysfunction.

4. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,525 Messages
    4,474 Likes Received
    Yep, the team responded to GG. They didn't care about Dalton. Sucks for Dalton. But anyone could see that. Why can't the FO.

5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,703 Messages
    46,048 Likes Received
    The assistant coach has spoken.

Pantone282C and Streetwise like this.
  6. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

7,148 Messages
    4,207 Likes Received
    Its established in Dallas not winnibg orginizations

7. Williamsboys

Williamsboys Well-Known Member

1,262 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Always remember it's not the boulders that will trip a person up, it's the pebbles"...In our ownership's head.

Pantone282C and jjktkk like this.
  8. jjktkk

jjktkk Well-Known Member

3,272 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    Conspiracy theory alert: Stephen wants to tank for Trevor.:eek:

Pantone282C likes this.
  9. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

1,082 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    He threw for 266 and 1 TD in that game. A game where zeke killed 2 drives with fumbles, gallup dropped a td pass, and the refs killed a promising drive

10. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,757 Messages
    7,452 Likes Received
    this i agree with get the higher draft picks and let mcclay make the picks

11. dsturgeon

1,082 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    We can't make a run in the playoffs right now, but by the end of the season who knows. Injuries hurt other teams as well. You never know.

I just don't get it. Why root against them, when there is a clear path to the playoffs. Anything can happen.

12. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

9,986 Messages
    5,069 Likes Received
    Trying to secure that draft pick I see. Will keep the vomit bag on hand as I watch Dalton get sacked over and over again.

13. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,703 Messages
    46,048 Likes Received
    Think there might have been some conversation with Dalton before they signed him about exactly why he would come to Dallas? His plan was to ride the QB FA issue out as a backup and hopefully get another QB1 job. This might have to do with their word to him more than the best decision.

What do you think it would say about him if they chose Gigi over him? He was trying to help this team and escape a pocket too small to fit on skinny jeans when he was hammered on a penalty play and the image was his teammates didn't give a damn. They can't leave that image out there for possible suitors.

I do not agree with either one of the tools making that announcement but I do agree with the decision. If it doesn't work, then they can go back and Gilbert might already have the backup QB job in his pocket for 2021.

14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,703 Messages
    46,048 Likes Received
    When was the last time that anything happened in the playoffs?

This is not a good team, it is not a playoff team and doesn't belong there.

bigE79 likes this.
  15. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    2,195 Likes Received
    Yep kinda strange. In that they even started Gilbert over Rush. I mean after getting him back and having developed him for 3 years and all.But I guess that would have been admitting they shouldn't have fired Rush over the Nooch.

So the same principle applies as you mention here. If they started Gilbert over Dalton, that makes them look more inept.

Appearance is everything. Perception is Reality. Signed...The Joneses.

OriginalNameGuy and bigE79 like this.
  16. windward

windward NFL Historian

17,698 Messages
    3,657 Likes Received
    He’s done it before.

17. bark

bark Well-Known Member

5,880 Messages
    6,986 Likes Received
    You know in 31 other organizations the coach makes that call....
    Carry on

Pantone282C likes this.
  18. dsturgeon

1,082 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    going into week 10 out of 17

It is 100 percent feasible that Dalton starts putting up 20+ points a game by the end of the season.

The defense is improving. They are not going to be a shut down defense, but with Dlaw, Gregory, and Smith, they might start more getting turnovers and sacks

special teams is showing improvement

nfc east is open

windward likes this.
  19. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

6,013 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    Seems a lot of fans are just happy with 8-8 and complaining as long as its not about the QB. They don't want SB wins just average.

bigE79 and 75boyz like this.
  20. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

11,486 Messages
    15,833 Likes Received
    Yeah. In a Cowboys jersey?