Stephen is giving Dallas a bad name being cheap

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Opinions are like a holes everyone has one and it’s not true. This happens every year and the teMs who looked like winners overpaying fat and others rarely do anything and within 3 years they are all gone and have dead cap space.

300 posts on drooling overs other signings is lAughable. Let’s check back in at years end and again in 3 years and rate these moves. Like the draft time shows what was real.

Most of the moves I’ve seen are parallel repayments for players tenas lost at the same positions and it’s simply a wash not making them truly better, just filling a hole with a comp players.

There’s time to grab a few players and draft well and go out and win.

Smh. If you don’t like the team , players, owners of the dallas cowboys why are you here being so passionate against your team. Move on go jump off the wagon and gripe from the other side.
So basically you have no opinion on anything.....

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree WITH the premise of this topic. Its good to be thrifty..to a point. But there comes a time when you draw the line and you act! Comes a time when you must spend the money for certain assets. PERIOD. Stevie screwed the pooch last offseason thinking we didn't need a stud wr. How did that work out? Yup...we started circling the drain until he spent resources for Cooper!!!!! he could have done that move during the damn offseason!!!! He is doing the same damn things that sunk us last year!!! lmao...he's either nuts.inept, or has some grand plan that we don't know of.

wecasa

Reaction score
My question is, if we have a process and like our guys, why aren't we signing them, extending contracts, etc.? It seems to me like football operations are a hobby to these guys, Jones and Co., and they don't have time to figure out who to extend/sign/cut/etc. If the idea is to keep your guys, do the homework and sign the guys you want. If DLaw is the guy, work a deal so you can focus on the next wave of contracts. But yet they are off to the Bahamas on the S.S. $$$$.

And maybe they are. 3 sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

You can take it 1 of 2 ways,
1 they are smarter than we think and are working the process and we are all just stupid and keep drinking the koolaid.
2 they are woefully inept and we are doomed to mediocrity.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My question is, if we have a process and like our guys, why aren't we signing them, extending contracts, etc.? It seems to me like football operations are a hobby to these guys, Jones and Co., and they don't have time to figure out who to extend/sign/cut/etc. If the idea is to keep your guys, do the homework and sign the guys you want. If DLaw is the guy, work a deal so you can focus on the next wave of contracts. But yet they are off to the Bahamas on the S.S. $$$$.

And maybe they are. 3 sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

You can take it 1 of 2 ways,
1 they are smarter than we think and are working the process and we are all just stupid and keep drinking the koolaid.
2 they are woefully inept and we are doomed to mediocrity.

Signing our guys doesn’t mean signing everyone, regardless of terms. The Cowboys never said they would pay whatever the player asks for, nor did they say that every player on the team was irreplaceable. But by and large they do sign their own, and extend contracts. On that count they have largely been successful.

The lack of success is in not taking advantage of opportunities to sign other teams free agents, which they shouldn’t do haphazardly, but they should at least find the ocassional strategic fit that will help the team get over the hump.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
I don't think Stephen's approach is necessarily bad. How many big time free agents have the Patriots signed in the last decade? The problem is, they have Belechick (basically GM/HC)...Dallas has Jerry and The Clapper.

Jipper

Reaction score
ask yourself this....was anyone paid on the first few days of FA that you would have paid the same ammount for? Im going to guess 95% of the signings are probably going to be a no....just wait until round 2 and lets go

dallas72

Reaction score
Jackson was fine last year. Now he’s going to play opposite the best DT, arguably, in football outside Donald in Cox.

People acting like that wasn’t a solid move are just hindering at this point. The Eagles put a premium on DL and signed one today that makes them better.
Eagles lost their best MLB and the QB who actually could beat Dallas....
Dallas already got the Best Free Agent w DLaw ..and it's not over its day 2 lol

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why can't we be ones with a very good deal?

Well, the Cowboys were 10-6 last year with a playoff win and a decent amount of cap space to work with. Got to be some very good deals in the present contracts.

There were no very good deals in yesterday's signings. I suspect there will be a lot of buyer's remorse come next year.

dallas72

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is almost singlehandley giving Dallas the reputation of being a cheap skate

Whether its FA from outside or from the inside I believe its hurting us bigtime

If I was a good player I wouldnt even bother meeting with Dallas knowing they are just gonna low ball me
Oh we did sign a TE aswell

dallas72

Reaction score
Well, the Cowboys were 10-6 last year with a playoff win and a decent amount of cap space to work with. Got to be some very good deals in the present contracts.

There were no very good deals in yesterday's signings. I suspect there will be a lot of buyer's remorse come next year.
Commanders cut DJ Swearinger making 32 mil over 4 years for Collins lol making 84 and who's fallen off

cern

Reaction score
I agree WITH the premise of this topic. Its good to be thrifty..to a point. But there comes a time when you draw the line and you act! Comes a time when you must spend the money for certain assets. PERIOD. Stevie screwed the pooch last offseason thinking we didn't need a stud wr. How did that work out? Yup...we started circling the drain until he spent resources for Cooper!!!!! he could have done that move during the damn offseason!!!! He is doing the same damn things that sunk us last year!!! lmao...he's either nuts.inept, or has some grand plan that we don't know of.
we did go after a stud...……….Sammy Watkins. offered him 15 million, but he went to the chiefs for the same money. after that, there weren't any other wr's worth pursuing for big money. then the brilliant move to get cooper. Stephen's not cheap. he's smart. he brought in swing tackles in free agency. looney was able to play the entire season with freddy on ir. he drafter vander esch and filled a hole at lb. he drafted gallup who showed a lot as the season went on when many pined for ridley. he drafter connor Williams who will be a good lineman. the year before he brought in chido and lewis for the backfield and rid our team of scando and the rest of the d-back scrubs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You guys just need to chill. Stephen will emerge from hibernation in about 2 weeks with a list of players McClay likes for
cheap deals. Stephen will maximize the cap space we have available and fill some holes before draft time just like the
last 5 years. Why worry...be happy!
Much wisdom here,,, old soul.

IrishAnto

Reaction score

There will indeed but not all will have buyers remorse.
We need to be the in the latter group and if we want a guy that can actually make a difference they we need to dip our toes in the water sooner rather than later.

Silly

Reaction score

Maybe one season Jerry will hire a real GM? It is a dream....

jjktkk

Reaction score
This team will go nowhere until the FO shows the ability to sign QUALITY FAs, outside of their own.