Twitter: Stephen Jones admits they would have reached for a cornerback had Horn or Surtain been there

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I love about our dysfunctional ownership. They just can’t help but promote themselves divulging info most front offices never would.

But this shouldn’t surprise anyone as it’s what most of us thought going in. But amazing they feel the need to disclose. Just pitiful but laughable . Lol

Yeah most have the common sense not to disrespect their new 1st round pick.

He's only here cause those others we rated lower weren't available!

Stephen's one true accomplishment in life is being the son of Jerry Jones.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It is very strange that he is admitting they were ready to bypass the best defensive player in the draft (Parsons) for a cornerback.

it’s not exactly something to be proud about.

“yeah our talent at cornerback is so bad, we were ready to force a pick at #10 to get one”
To be realistic the differences in those 3 were probably negligible. You were going to get an impact player with either one of them. I’m glad it was Parsons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is very strange that he is admitting they were ready to bypass the best defensive player in the draft (Parsons) for a cornerback.

it’s not exactly something to be proud about.

“yeah our talent at cornerback is so bad, we were ready to force a pick at #10 to get one”
It’s obvious why they’d admit now. In case Parsons doesn’t bloom and or either CB’s do.

What a dysfunctional ownership. Lol

slick325

Reaction score
So, front offices will go "need" instead of "BPA"? Didn't realize that was actually a thing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
To be realistic the differences in those 3 were probably negligible. You were going to get an impact player with either one of them. I’m glad it was Parsons.

I understand your point.

i do think it’s indicative of an overall habit they have of telegraphing picks and making up their minds before theyre on the board.

they’ve Done it before.

starfan1

Reaction score
Put a mic in front of them 2 say anything not sure I believe much of any of it. They talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Regardless they got who I wanted and who I believe helps the team the most:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
When you take a lesser rated player on your board you are reaching for that player.

The important piece of information you are missing is the amount of difference in ratings between the players. Say Parsons is an 8.4 and Horn is an 8.1 and Surtain is an 8.2, how relevant is the difference in ranking? There is also a plus/minus for all rankings because it is guesswork. BPA and need are always factors to consider. Go BPA long run and need as the exception.

I posted a thread of the leaked Jaguars draft board. Not much difference between a lot of players.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When you take a lesser rated player on your board you are reaching for that player.
it was well known fact those 3 were all about tie on the board..Parsons and the two CBs..taking any is not truly reach..i like what happened anyway

Parsons at 12 with an extra pick, kj at 2 and wright at 3..im betting it was better draft not taking the CB in the 1st..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
it was well known fact those 3 were all about tie on the board..Parsons and the two CBs..taking any is not truly reach..i like what happened anyway

Parsons at 12 with an extra pick, kj at 2 and wright at 3..im betting it was better draft not taking the CB in the 1st..

Without a doubt, it is fate. How else does one explain first Dan Quinn, then KJ (Kelvin Joseph), and then Wright? Coincidence? I think not.