Twitter: Stephen Jones admits they would have reached for a cornerback had Horn or Surtain been there

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The important piece of information you are missing is the amount of difference in ratings between the players. Say Parsons is an 8.4 and Horn is an 8.1 and Surtain is an 8.2, how relevant is the difference in ranking? There is also a plus/minus for all rankings because it is guesswork. BPA and need are always factors to consider. Go BPA long run and need as the exception.

I posted a thread of the leaked Jaguars draft board. Not much difference between a lot of players.

I'm not missing anything. He was higher rated. He was a better player in the opinion of their scouting department. How much higher rated is completely and totally irrelevant.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. But the people thinking that Las Vegas swept in and stole Moehrig from Dallas don’t understand that CB was the pick, no matter what.

100%. That can only come from people outside of our bubble. They were going to take a safety over a cornerback there? Our Dallas Cowboys? Not a chance.

But you will still have to read for years how the Raiders punked us.

johneric8

Reaction score
Btw, this also stone cold mortal lock guarantees that Micah Parsons will be a great All Pro player.

Anytime those idiots can't get their way and have to settle it turns out to be golden.

Micah! Micah! Micah!

Yep, just like the time that Prescott was just hanging around after missing their guy! It's amazing to have gotten such an amazing qb where they did! :)

J12B

Reaction score
When you take a lesser rated player on your board you are reaching for that player.

A good CB benefits a defense more than what a great LB does in today's NFL.

The importance and current depth of the position is also factored in when drafting. Not just rating.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It is very strange that he is admitting they were ready to bypass the best defensive player in the draft (Parsons) for a cornerback.

it’s not exactly something to be proud about.

“yeah our talent at cornerback is so bad, we were ready to force a pick at #10 to get one”

It’s not weird at all...

CB is a premium position and linebacker isn’t.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm not missing anything. He was higher rated. He was a better player in the opinion of their scouting department. How much higher rated is completely and totally irrelevant.

Hence, the second schooling in two days you just received from @Rockport

When Rockport is schooling you on a steady basis, time to hang up the cleats and hide in your foxhole.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It is very strange that he is admitting they were ready to bypass the best defensive player in the draft (Parsons) for a cornerback.

it’s not exactly something to be proud about.

“yeah our talent at cornerback is so bad, we were ready to force a pick at #10 to get one”
Stephen Jones should have been named Jerry Jones, Jr instead. He's a splitting image (in thinking) as his father.
:facepalm:
We're screwed!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did Moehrig get surgery? Hearing anything on how he is doing?
Is that what people think? That has to be naive fans.....in the NFL its rare a team comes right in and steals a guy from under you. Not saying it doesn't happen but it doesn't happen nearly as much as fans say. If the Cowboys wanted a player they would've traded up to get him. Its why teams trade up to begin with. These GM's and teams all talk to each other....they know when they need to trade up for a talent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, he counters his old man's comments after the draft with this? Booger was emphatic that it was Parsons, Parsons was always the guy and invited the questioner to come look at the board as proof.

This is typical BS from Porky, The Lucky Sperm, that if Parsons isn't the guy and one of those CB's shows up, they can play the same card Booger tried to play about Aaron Donald. "We would have taken Aaron Donald".

You have your pick rated as the best D player in the draft, for a team that was awful on defense, but you would have reached for CB's that went ahead of him? I don't think this clown could even afford to buy a ticket if he wasn't getting in with his old man.

You "Stephen's the savior" people better hope he goes toes up before his old man, he's a train wreck looking for a tunnel.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The important piece of information you are missing is the amount of difference in ratings between the players. Say Parsons is an 8.4 and Horn is an 8.1 and Surtain is an 8.2, how relevant is the difference in ranking? There is also a plus/minus for all rankings because it is guesswork. BPA and need are always factors to consider. Go BPA long run and need as the exception.

I posted a thread of the leaked Jaguars draft board. Not much difference between a lot of players.
LMAO at "leaked draft board". Like Apple leaks on new products?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So this puts an end to all the homers who said otherwise
Uh ah ah ah ah.

cordyceps1.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
glad it worked out the way it did.
micah parsons is gonna be a helluva player.
:starspin:THE GIFT FROM MT. NITNAY:starspin:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, he counters his old man's comments after the draft with this? Booger was emphatic that it was Parsons, Parsons was always the guy and invited the questioner to come look at the board as proof.

This is typical BS from Porky, The Lucky Sperm, that if Parsons isn't the guy and one of those CB's shows up, they can play the same card Booger tried to play about Aaron Donald. "We would have taken Aaron Donald".

You have your pick rated as the best D player in the draft, for a team that was awful on defense, but you would have reached for CB's that went ahead of him? I don't think this clown could even afford to buy a ticket if he wasn't getting in with his old man.

You "Stephen's the savior" people better hope he goes toes up before his old man, he's a train wreck looking for a tunnel.

I always wondered if they made the right decision making you a moderator and today I realize that they did.