Twitter: Stephen Jones admits they would have reached for a cornerback had Horn or Surtain been there

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did they say Parson's was their target all along, or did they say Parson's was their highest rated defensive player? I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying that my recollection was they talked about where Parson was on the board rather than who they would have drafted if all options were available. My brain can be a bit feeble at times though.
I think it was obvious what their intentions were with their statements when were questioned at the time if the two CB’s their targets. They had the opportunity then to admit basically what they are saying now.

The question remains , why now ?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking the same. They backed into the right pick. I don't see any way that the two CB's will anywhere near the impact on the game as Parsons.

And Parsons having an impact won't take much. We literally had the worst LB core in the NFL last year. If he's just solid , it will make an impact.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
First of all we are stating it was a great pick and trade after the fact . But the bigger point is when confronted initially with the pick they stated Parsons was their target all along.

There was no shame in admitting initially that their 2 CB they were targeting were snatched up right in front of them. And the trade and selection for Parsons was a solid move after the fact.

But they didn’t do that . And have to be held accountable for their misconception and lie. Which still brings to question what admit it now?

Fact is most teams do that, I never hear GM say they did not get their guy or they settled for someone else. No according to GM they always got their guy. I forget which team when question offered to let the reporter see his draft board if he was willing to pay to see it. I just think the mentality around here is to attack Jerry and Stephen no matter what. For me I have no issue saying they screwed up when they gave up picks for WR Roy Williams or moving up to get Claiborne only to see him bomb but what I continue to see is even when good moves happen people look to attack. If that is how people get their enjoyment I guess more power to them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fact is most teams do that, I never hear GM say they did not get their guy or they settled for someone else. No according to GM they always got their guy. I forget which team when question offered to let the reporter see his draft board if he was willing to pay to see it. I just think the mentality around here is to attack Jerry and Stephen no matter what. For me I have no issue saying they screwed up when they gave up picks for WR Roy Williams or moving up to get Claiborne only to see him bomb but what I continue to see is even when good moves happen people look to attack. If that is how people get their enjoyment I guess more power to them.
It is what it is. This is a forum . If it’s not a subject that interest you that’s fine.

You’ve had some solid feed back in this discussion while failing to offer why you think they’ve came out with this acknowledgment at this time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lack of football smarts? looking at the draft I think they hit on more than just Parsons, Dallas got one of the top defenders and a extra pick to boot. I think they get it, I think the real deal is we have so many who despise the Jones that they look to attack over any and everything. Jerry clearly deserves much of the heat he takes but at least be man enough to give credit when it is due. Yet many can't
This draft looks good. However, past drafts scream that they don't get it. You think they suddenly get it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree but again why come out and make this admission now. What purpose does it serve?

Serves no purpose at all, nor does for any other team who does it. They are asked question and they respond to the question. Is some of it no more than blowing smoke? sure.
Funny thing is on draft day when Dallas made the pick, the 1st thing people started saying was "what are we going to do at CB? and how Jerry blew it. We get the CB in the 2nd and the reaction, what about safety they don't know what they are doing. No matter who Dallas selected people will look to attack Jerry and Stephen, that is just the reality.

kskboys

Reaction score
It really makes it hard to discuss anything w/ you when your primary agenda is searching for SJ/JJ hate.

In this thread, we are truly trying to discuss a matter. Including JJ/SJ in the discussion is important to the matter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This draft looks good. However, past drafts scream that they don't get it. You think they suddenly get it?

and so has some others, I think there are no sure things in the draft but overall I think since McCray took over that our drafting has improved. Does not mean every pick will be a winner but based on the information and tape I think overall drafting has improved.

kskboys

Reaction score
Serves no purpose at all, nor does for any other team who does it. They are asked question and they respond to the question. Is some of it no more than blowing smoke? sure.
Funny thing is on draft day when Dallas made the pick, the 1st thing people started saying was "what are we going to do at CB? and how Jerry blew it. We get the CB in the 2nd and the reaction, what about safety they don't know what they are doing. No matter who Dallas selected people will look to attack Jerry and Stephen, that is just the reality.
I think you succomb too much to environment. Those who are screaming what you are saying are best ignored.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It really makes it hard to discuss anything w/ you when your primary agenda is searching for SJ/JJ hate.

In this thread, we are truly trying to discuss a matter. Including JJ/SJ in the discussion is important to the matter.

No what you want is everyone to attack and anyone who claims otherwise is just wrong. I believe in giving credit when it is due and questioning moves that have hurt this team. Fact is they made the pick and Parson was selected and Dallas managed to get another pick in the process. I would think they deserves some credit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All good points but you’re still avoiding responding to why come out with this now.

And if you’re response is there is no motive then perhaps it’s more like Kskboys is saying in that it’s completely moronic on their part . Which if that’s the case then they deserve to be called out for it.

kskboys

Reaction score
and so has some others, I think there are no sure things in the draft but overall I think since McCray took over that our drafting has improved. Does not mean every pick will be a winner but based on the information and tape I think overall drafting has improved.
Sure, and that is your opinion. And we have ours. Isn't it good to exchange opinions, wrestle around w/ ideas and thoughts and see where we end up?

Drafting has been better, though the ignoring of 1 tech and S was quite disturbing. Looks like we finally realized it. Now, if we can just stop taking falling players w/ issues. That's been our downfall the last few drafts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No what you want is everyone to attack and anyone who claims otherwise is just wrong. I believe in giving credit when it is due and questioning moves that have hurt this team. Fact is they made the pick and Parson was selected and Dallas managed to get another pick in the process. I would think they deserves some credit.
What part of my comments haven’t given them Credit for the solid pick and good trade.

Thats not my argument here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Now you are assigning thoughts and ideas to me that I do not have. I think you should back up and reorganize your thoughts. Your first sentence makes you sound trollish.

I call it as I see it. Don't you? Isn't that OK?

I think this draft might turn out to be excellent. And I've said so many times.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard not too when it tends to be a large group who does so.
Of course. However, you entered a convo that is not like that at all, and started attacking others for saying their thoughts aloud. Which means you're doing what you falsely accused me of doing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Now you are assigning thoughts and ideas to me that I do not have. I think you should back up and reorganize your thoughts. Your first sentence makes you sound trollish.

I call it as I see it. Don't you? Isn't that OK?

I think this draft might turn out to be excellent. And I've said so many times.

If that is the case then you have my apology