Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Todd Archer | ESPN.com

"You turn on the tape and guys we count on week in and week out didn't show up," Jones said at the conclusion of an NFL owners meeting at the Four Seasons Resort in Las Colinas. "I don't know what it was, but we didn't get it done and I've got to believe we can do better than that."

"They've all got to be better," Jones said. "Sean Lee has got to be better. Brandon Carr has got to be better. Bruce Carter has got to be better. Jason Hatcher has got to be better. We've all got to be better. We've got to do a better job when we do have injuries of having better players to get up and be there. It's an organizational thing. You just have to do better on the defensive side of the ball. If we want to get to where we want to get to we can't play that type of defense."

"Obviously you expect better," Jones said. "We have to be better. You can't play defense like that and be last in the league and expect to ultimately get to where we want to get to. Ultimately it's got to improve. We know there's circumstances with injuries -- no excuses -- our defensive line is kind of where it starts. We've been beaten up there but that's part of it and we'll have to keep churning there.
"But I fully expect us to play better these last three games on the defensive side of the ball."

More: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10122107/stephen-jones-critical-dallas-cowboys-stars-loss

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
You and your dad needs to get better. You two are the only common denominators for the past 18 years of not getting better. Doing the same thing and expecting different results.

By Todd Archer | ESPN.com

"You turn on the tape and guys we count on week in and week out didn't show up," Jones said at the conclusion of an NFL owners meeting at the Four Seasons Resort in Las Colinas. "I don't know what it was, but we didn't get it done and I've got to believe we can do better than that."

"They've all got to be better," Jones said. "Sean Lee has got to be better. Brandon Carr has got to be better. Bruce Carter has got to be better. Jason Hatcher has got to be better. We've all got to be better. We've got to do a better job when we do have injuries of having better players to get up and be there. It's an organizational thing. You just have to do better on the defensive side of the ball. If we want to get to where we want to get to we can't play that type of defense."

"Obviously you expect better," Jones said. "We have to be better. You can't play defense like that and be last in the league and expect to ultimately get to where we want to get to. Ultimately it's got to improve. We know there's circumstances with injuries -- no excuses -- our defensive line is kind of where it starts. We've been beaten up there but that's part of it and we'll have to keep churning there.
"But I fully expect us to play better these last three games on the defensive side of the ball."

More: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10122107/stephen-jones-critical-dallas-cowboys-stars-loss

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You and your dad needs to get better. You two are the only common denominators for the past 18 years of not getting better. Doing the same thing and expecting different results.

No one can argue with that ....... but it is not gonna change.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He's right. The stars are failing the team not only on defense but offense too. Ware, Carr, and Claiborne are the biggest culprits. Bruce Carter's play is just as bad as the others but his pay is nowhere near those others. Lee's absence for two games is the only thing that he's done to hurt the team. Hatcher has been fantastic so far this year. But last game he didn't do squat.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So someone finally does something we've all wanted, and says something we've all been saying, and we talk bad about him? I'm glad Jones said those things, I just wish he would say it to the offense too. There were plenty of games this year where the defense saved the offenses' *** by adding to the point total with defensive touch downs, turnovers putting the offense right in scoring position etc, but everything's on the defense.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The only thing wrong with his statement were the inclusion of Lee and not including DeFraud Ware. I would imagine frustration was the only reason he mentioned Lee.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Maybe Stephen should have done his part and gone down to the field to breath his hot liquored up breath on the players.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Lol he calls out Sean Lee? Of all the people to call out he calls out the only guy that lays his body out for the team game in game out? WOW

It's not like Lee played good, the whole defense was bad. They all should be called out.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So someone finally does something we've all wanted, and says something we've all been saying, and we talk bad about him? I'm glad Jones said those things, I just wish he would say it to the offense too. There were plenty of games this year where the defense saved the offenses' *** by adding to the point total with defensive touch downs, turnovers putting the offense right in scoring position etc, but everything's on the defense.

Yes. We've all wanted to call out the only two productive players on defense in Hatcher and Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.