Stephen Jones - Dak deal will ultimately get done

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That made me think of a Richard Prior piece of advice to Eddie Murphy when Bill Cosby told Murphy to chill on the curse
words in his stand-up routine.

Prior said, "Tell Bill to have a coke and a smile.
You got my reference. Kudos.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak will....to the tune of 5 years for 160.
I’d take a bet on that
The shorter the deal the cheaper
The longer the more expensive
Agents, owners and players know we will have a new tv deal next year with even more money

fivetwos

Reaction score
Thanks.

Can we all please stop with the trade him for multiple first round picks BS threads?

It's not gonna happen.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d take a bet on that
The shorter the deal the cheaper
The longer the more expensive
Agents, owners and players know we will have a new tv deal next year with even more money
All fine.

I have no problem whatsoever as far as Prescott betting on himself w a short term deal and neither should the team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The impatience of fans on this site, married with the envy and slander of what these players make is a sickening truth.

Dak will get done. Stop wetting your underoos.

He will be paid commensurate to what starting QB's make.

Jones is a billionaire. He made that mostly off this team and the stadium. The percentage of payroll for talent versus net profit is questionable.

The heartfelt, tear laden posts filled with vitriol for Dak because he wants to be paid, after playing four years giving his best efforts on his rookie contract is truly a disgusting thing to watch on this board.

Maybe all of you barco lounger GM's and Head Coaches need to just enjoy the ride. This is a loaded team, with two prospects for DE still to come. I understood the rancor when Quincy was the QB. There was no hope for the future and Jerry was making trades on draft day so he could look like Jimmy.

Just:

iu

Bonus points if you know the guy in the graphic and where he is from.

When and how trades are conducted have changed from when Jerry was first in the league, and now. Jerry wasn't stupid then, and isn't stupid now.

conner01

Reaction score
All fine.

I have no problem whatsoever as far as Prescott betting on himself w a short term deal and neither should the team.
The team knows the price will only get higher
Dak and his agent know that too
That’s why the holdup is length

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yea right Stephen

They will try to get a deal done around the deadline ala Amari, but it wont happen and Dak will play on the
tag

They havent even spoken (meaningful engagement) to Dak’s agent since the tag was placed on him

Reaction score
The impatience of fans on this site, married with the envy and slander of what these players make is a sickening truth.

Dak will get done. Stop wetting your underoos.

He will be paid commensurate to what starting QB's make.

Jones is a billionaire. He made that mostly off this team and the stadium. The percentage of payroll for talent versus net profit is questionable.

The heartfelt, tear laden posts filled with vitriol for Dak because he wants to be paid, after playing four years giving his best efforts on his rookie contract is truly a disgusting thing to watch on this board.

Maybe all of you barco lounger GM's and Head Coaches need to just enjoy the ride. This is a loaded team, with two prospects for DE still to come. I understood the rancor when Quincy was the QB. There was no hope for the future and Jerry was making trades on draft day so he could look like Jimmy.

Just:

iu

Bonus points if you know the guy in the graphic and where he is from.

Bill Hicks, Houston,,, we might be related. I've got about 10,000 Hicks relatives from Lubbock to Comanche and all parts in between.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course. We will cave in eventually. And it will be Jerry’s fault not Stephens . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak isn’t going anywhere. We’re all in on him. We are just looking like we are being tough. We will make him the highest paid QB and our Football Idiot and Son will sell it like he is the best QB in the league.

Oneiros

Reaction score
I simply don't drink enough to deal with the Dak drama on a daily basis.

We've been hearing this same story since before the start of the 2019 season.

One way or the other I'll be thrilled when this is all over.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The stock some of you put into these declarations is comical. What do you expect Jones to say? "We're done with Dak and have signed his replacement"? Or, "We're done negotiating. Our final offer is on the table"? Even if that is the reality you don't say that to the media.

You can't take anything said into a microphone, from either side of the table, to the bank.

Hard to ignore the fact that the Jones' have had little problem in locking up the players they have chosen too in the last couple seasons. Some for top tier salaries at their positions. Seems a little odd to be quibbling over one year in contract length at the expense of losing very valuable time that could/should be used on getting the QB up to speed on a new offense being directed by a new head coach. Especially if they are truly convinced Dak is the guy.