Stephen Jones: Dak Prescott's contract is a priority

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure it is................. :muttley:
talk-to-the-hand-terminator.png

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He is our priority?
Yet we are not in negotiations?
This is insanity.
Please hire a professional GM.
These yahoo's are stunting this franchise.
The Joneses have shown a propensity over the years to not negotiate until they have to negotiate. Because we've done nothing in free agency, they have not been forced to negotiate.

Jerry has said before that he likes negotiating when there's some kind of deadline pressure because it creates an urgency for both sides.

plymkr

Reaction score
Knowing how the Jones operate, this statement could be the kiss of death for Dak's future with the Cowboys in 2024
True. This could be Jones speak for our #1 priority is to get Dak off the books.

Anyway, right now I don’t believe anything that is being tweeted or said by the Cowboys FO. Im more in the “show me” mindset. I take more stock in what Dak said about the negotiations and being noncommittal about anything past 2024.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Broaddus said on G Bag the other day he thinks the Cowboys are moving on from Dak FWIW.

It appears that is what they’re doing. Everything else seems to be lip service. It’s weird that he says the contract is a priority yet Dak says they haven’t even spoken. Offspring is just doing his sales pitch to the fans imo.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I really think Charlotte looks at her dad and brother and can only shake her dammm head.... feeling she could probably do better. And i believe she would be right. I think she is smart enough to know what she doesn't know. Dallas would have a top notch GM and real live HC. Meanwhile these two goofballs go back and forth thinking they have all the right answers and since there is no accountability, who really cares if they fail, they always have next year and the next, and the next....etc....

You’re not the only who shares this thought. She always seems well put together and pretty smart. She might be the smartest of the bunch.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Joneses have shown a propensity over the years to not negotiate until they have to negotiate. Because we've done nothing in free agency, they have not been forced to negotiate.

Jerry has said before that he likes negotiating when there's some kind of deadline pressure because it creates an urgency for both sides.
Hopefully dak has the good sense to tell them to go jump in a lake, when that deadline arrives.
If I were him I would be all in on going to another team after I become a FA next march.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be forever grateful if Stephen decided to quit saying the same things over and over again. It's really boring listening to his repeats! :facepalm:

Last edited:

slick325

Reaction score
Broaddus said on G Bag the other day he thinks the Cowboys are moving on from Dak FWIW.
Interesting. Not that Broaddus is consistently correct or super plugged in at the Star, but he would have never suggested this several years ago before Dak signed his previous extension.

Reading the tea leaves as a former employee of NFL franchises who worked in the front office previously.

starfan1

Reaction score
The Texans look more appealing every day.

Texans have a good young team but they will never over take the cowboys in viewership

Much like the Yankees even in their down years they still bring in the $$$

I like watching the Texans but they will never replace my boys regardless of how they play but my fandom isn’t necessarily only about getting to the bowl

It’s about the journey

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Hate to say it but the Joneses are playing the Dak contract situation right. They have come to the conclusion that Dak is not worth reset the market QB money. If Dak wants to take a team friendly deal than that's a good starting point. If not no restructure no new money and let him leave. Or find a suitable trade partner. After this year a new coach a new QB. For better or worse.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Interesting. Not that Broaddus is consistently correct or super plugged in at the Star, but he would have never suggested this several years ago before Dak signed his previous extension.

Reading the tea leaves as a former employee of NFL franchises who worked in the front office previously.
Yup! I was about to comment something similar to that person's post. Broaddus in the building every week. Walls have ears. He knows the football speak. He has to have heard some whisperings around The Star.