Stephen Jones: Dak Prescott's contract is a priority

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
To me the truth is this . Dak dominates the garbage in this league but when Dallas travels to places like KC SF Buffalo it’s a different story .

How does an extension change things ?

:huh:
He SOMETIMES dominates the garbage.

Sometimes the garbage dominates him. The better teams in the league ALWAYS dominate him though.

An extension changes nothing for the Cowboys, just makes Dak more rich.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
If Lance flops in preseason, tail-tucked contract talks will magically begin with Dak.

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL. Great plan. Sign him later and miss out on FA this year.

Always ahead of the curve, these Jones’.
I agree that’s stupid but nothing this organization does surprises me but having said that Dallas even when money is available doesn’t shell out since the Brandon Carr fiasco.

They are bargain shoppers who occasionally hit on a good deal. My guess is maybe they’ll be a a little active after the draft prior to camp or during camp

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He SOMETIMES dominates the garbage.

Sometimes the garbage dominates him. The better teams in the league ALWAYS dominate him though.

An extension changes nothing for the Cowboys, just makes Dak more rich.
Disagree. An extension makes them dominate him more because we'll have less talent to continue carrying this loser.

erod

Reaction score
Texans have a good young team but they will never over take the cowboys in viewership

Much like the Yankees even in their down years they still bring in the $$$

I like watching the Texans but they will never replace my boys regardless of how they play but my fandom isn’t necessarily only about getting to the bowl

It’s about the journey
The Texans have the same number of playoff wins as the Cowboys since 1996.

And the Texans didn't exist until 2001.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Seems like they are dragging this out to see who they can get in the draft. Dak will probably get extended in the end.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
more lies lol by steve
if it was a priority, they would have been talking/ negotiating this year, and now we find out there have been no talks at all.

it is possible they are using this as a way to soften dak up to take less.
If he takes 52 mil that is only 8 mil they save so is all this worth the 8 mil?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
lol.

Stephen Jones has gone on record Dak Prescott's contract is a priority.

Dak Prescott has gone on record saying the front office and he have not even communicated starting the contract negotiations.

Tit-for-tat nonsense through sports news and social media.
Dak now saying he doesn't want to reset the market so the story continues as many people are saying false things but is clearly that of both sides are just posturing then negotiations will probably then begin in earnest. Then we wait and see.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
more lies lol by steve
if it was a priority, they would have been talking/ negotiating this year, and now we find out there have been no talks at all.

it is possible they are using this as a way to soften dak up to take less.
If he takes 52 mil that is only 8 mil they save so is all this worth the 8 mil?
If Dak Prescott was intent on remaining a member of the Dallas Cowboys his agent would give the team the number and years he’ll sign for right now. If that hasn’t happened he probably isn’t particularly anxious to remain with the team. If it has happened it may be a number the Cowboys don’t think he’s worth. At least not worth to them. I do not believe it’s an emotional situation for either party. Todd France, Jerry Jones, and Dak understand it is a business decision for both parties. When the season starts someone will be the Cowboys’ QB1. When the 2025 season starts…someone will be the Cowboys’ QB1. In the end, Dak is simply going to accept a deal he likes the most. It’s the same thing any player would do.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Texans look more appealing every day.
My son is always kidding me about switching to the Texans. I tell him they're my #2 team, but starting to look better all the time! :muttley:

Flamma

Reaction score
Their going to resign him.

And that makes me nauseous.
If they do, it will be next year. Think about it, if they resign him before this season starts, what are they going to do with all of that cap space? Unless they extend him and don't restructure this year. But I've literally never seen that done before.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Joneses have shown a propensity over the years to not negotiate until they have to negotiate. Because we've done nothing in free agency, they have not been forced to negotiate.

Jerry has said before that he likes negotiating when there's some kind of deadline pressure because it creates an urgency for both sides.
Exactly.........................."deadlines makes deals"

Jerry and his idiot boy always say this.

Thus, anybody reading anything into the fact that the Cowboys and Dak have not started talking yet is just wishful thinking on their part thinking this is some kind of a message.

Its not, its just how this organization operates...................I would say its 50/50 if this is Dak's last year in Dallas.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Either Stephen doesn’t know the definition of priority, or he’s gaslighting.