Stephen Jones: 'Damn Sure' Won't Be 'Market-Setter' for New Contracts

aria

Reaction score
This is what the cap has done.
Yup and I’m actually for the cap, I do like the parity and would hate to see one team dominate for years due to money. I know it’s not a popular thought.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yup and I’m actually for the cap, I do like the parity and would hate to see one team dominate for years due to money. I know it’s not a popular thought.
I dig it.

aria

Reaction score
I just realized it is kind of stupid getting so worked up about it. Jerry is going to do whatever he wants anyway. lol
I’ve tried not caring several times and failed miserably every time. I’ve even tried to mentally prepare myself for a losing season when I think we’ll actually be good so I won’t be as disappointed if we lose. I end up full tilt regardless, it doesn’t work.

“Serenity now...insanity later”.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree with that too. And even if there was no cap who knows if it would make this FO any smarter.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I’ve tried not caring several times and failed miserably every time. I’ve even tried to mentally prepare myself for a losing season when I think we’ll actually be good so I won’t be as disappointed if we lose. I end up full tilt regardless, it doesn’t work.

If we somehow win a SB the feeling probably will be twice as good as that 92 team because I've already come to grips with us never winning another Sb...at least in my lifetime.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
While I would agree, the patriots are always an outlier. Philadelphia had the highest paid RT in the world when he signed his deal, and Cox was a top 2-3 biggest contract DT. Kelce is currently the highest paid center I believe, and we definitely have the most expensive DT duo and one of the highest paid Olines. Denver shelled out massive money to Manning, Ward, Ware, Talib and Demaryius Thomas in 2012-2014. Seahawks are considered one of the most frugal teams and just made Bobby Wagner the highest paid LB ever.

And that's the last 3 SB winners not named NE. Put together the best roster you can, using the entire salary cap. If you're better with 16m$ worth of role players than 16m$ worth of Ezekiel Elliot, then don't pay him. But if Zeke makes you a contender, if Zeke is your great advantage other people don't have, then I don't get what this whole pissing contest is going to achieve for Dallas. Because if you don't want to pay him the biggest contract any of us has ever seen, 5+ other teams will be waiting for him to finally break free, cash in hand. And then you can give that 16 million to Alfred Morris and some other still available FA's and cross your fingers.

Lol, As TO would say, I LIKE ME SOME AERO, he tells it like it is. MY MAN! Even as a egirls fan. You and CPanther being a stealers fan our 2 most hated rivals are some cool dudes.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Lol... more accurately: Insanity now, Serenity later.
Unless you find yourself serene...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see your point. Let's be real tho, Allen Hurns had a contract that wasn't honored...Sean Lee had to redo his deal. You're making an argument for a double standard against the guys who truly pay the price for this sport.
Hurns was coming off a devasting inury..PLUS its customary for the teams to have first right of refusal in voiding deals. THEY OWN THE TEAM. Its a business. Its cut throat sometimes and unfair. Zeke should be there. It was terrible lack of communication on his part. THE AGENT.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hurns was coming off a devasting inury..PLUS its customary for the teams to have first right of refusal in voiding deals. THEY OWN THE TEAM. Its a business.

Any other business owner who signs a contract is every bit as obligated as the other party.

This sort of defense for the teams not honoring deals, just to complain about a player, is lame. :rolleyes:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Any other business owner who signs a contract is every bit as obligated as the other party.

This sort of defense for the teams not honoring deals, just to complain about a player, is lame. :rolleyes:
the CBA ISNT A GOOD ONE...The rookie wage scale should stay in place but made better. I am not taking up for either side. Everyone is dirty on this. But facts are, its not normal for a player to hold out when there is 2 years left on a deal. Its an anomaly. He needs to be here. Jerry and Stevie should be quiet on this. He will show eventually and be playing under his current deal. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO SIGN HIM NOW.

Rayman70

Reaction score

BTW....he works for the Cowboys. Its typical for the employer to hire,fire...let people walk. Zeke has no power here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The ramifications of a potential mega Zeke contract will kill the team, the cap...and ensure we cannot make player moves. Its the economics that don't marry up. The math doesn't work guys. Who you willing to cut if some of you all get your way and Zeke is signed? Do you all realize what that means if we sign him to more than Gurley got? IT WILL BE DEVASTATING. We would be 1 injury away from disaster.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You sign Zeke, you better be willing to let Amari test the market and walk. We cant have all 3...not this year. Now if Zeke waits til next year, I think we could.