Recap: Stephen Jones discusses QB situation

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
"It's not an injury." = out 6-10 weeks
"Out 6-10 weeks" = he's dead.

Compression fractures typically are not a big deal unless they are caused by osteoporosis. It's not a long term injury. What is going to be troubling is that Romo is going to miss a lot of conditioning work and won't be able to work his core like he has been.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a little too far. I deleted it.
But how many times have we had this discussion about Romo? He's done.
You saying he's done over and over again doesn't make him so. He's almost certainly going to return this year and play so you may as well just start dealing with it now. The team will have to take a serious look at how effective he can still be going forward after this year, but their fate is tied to him in 2016 (unless Dak ends up being a fluke of near biblical proportions).

MileyDancer

Reaction score
You saying he's done over and over again doesn't make him so. He's almost certainly going to return this year and play so you may as well just start dealing with it now. The team will have to take a serious look at how effective he can still be going forward after this year, but their fate is tied to him in 2016 (unless Dak ends up being a fluke of near biblical proportions).
If the Cowboys say 6-10 weeks, we all know that's at LEAST 12 weeks.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yup. The season starts two weeks from now, so Week 8 is ten full weeks of recovery and only 7 games of the season.
That doesn't really jibe with what Jerry has said (I know, I know)... his quote is "This is nowhere near the issue he had last year (clavicle), not even in the same league as far as we're concerned." He missed 8 games I believe last year, so I don't know how what Jerry said would add up with him missing basically the same time.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That doesn't really jibe with what Jerry has said (I know, I know)... his quote is "This is nowhere near the issue he had last year (clavicle), not even in the same league as far as we're concerned." He missed 8 games I believe last year, so I don't know how what Jerry said would add up with him missing basically the same time.

I was going off the medical reports that say 6 - 10 weeks, most of what Jerry says is spin (obviously). I'm assuming that they give him all the time needed to heal because of Dak Prescott. Last year Romo clearly rushed himself back too quickly because Weeden and Cassell tanked, hopefully this year Dak plays well enough that there isn't any pressure.

Also if Tony feels well enough by week five and gets some specialized equipment added to protect his back, I could see him back after four games. There are obviously a lot of variables involved, I'm just assuming its the longer estimates and he is back for Game 8.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
We'll get through this quickly means rushing Romo back. Same as last year.
Straight up marketing.......after last year withiut Romo? selling tickets is priority ONE..

This owenership is all about the buck. Fielding a great product takes a backseat. Period.

They have the star to pay for now..........

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Not a good sign, an owner in complete denial. How much more can you get out of an aged, fragile QB? Meanwhile, the ascension of Dak is imterrupted or put on hold for the vanity of Romo?

Nooooooo. I am so through with Romo as a durable, effective QB. TIME TO THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE.
IF DAK CAN WIN SOME, GREAT!! If not, let is take our medicine this season and then think about a franchise DE in the early first round next year.
That is good business sense, not delusional like little Stephen.:angry:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What do you guys expect Stephen to say?

"game over man, game over, we are so f'ed its not even funny"

DandyDon52

Reaction score
stephen jones on dak: "we're not naive to think a rookie qb can do what he's done in the preseason, but he makes our team feel good."

This sounds to me like they want to get a vet and start him over Dak !! lol if they do that I will be angry.
I know jerry doesnt trust players that havent played actual season games.

The seattle game was like a season game for 1 half, so I think Dak showed he could handle it.

I think they are afraid to start game one with Dak or they would have said he is the starter already??
So what we may get is another cassel starting wk 1 having no time in the system or with WR etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Also if Tony feels well enough by week five and gets some specialized equipment added to protect his back, I could see him back after four games. There are obviously a lot of variables involved, I'm just assuming its the longer estimates and he is back for Game 8.
Robo Romo??

I saw on the news tonite, that the bone that is fractured is part of the spine!
This was due to being pushed too far down while in a sitting position.
So nothing can help except not putting pressure on it till it is healed up good.

Now if you cracked a bone in your spine would you want to play pro football in 6-10 weeks ??
I think I would maybe come back in Dec, and maybe just take the year off.
If tony comes back too soon he is really not too bright.
They just did that last year, and broke the unhealed cb again, so do they want to re-break a spinal bone again??

I am all in on the Dak train, and the jones boys need to hop on that, over a vet or rushing tony back !

Tony can come back next year and be fully healed, also give his other injuries more time to heal up.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Robo Romo??

I saw on the news tonite, that the bone that is fractured is part of the spine!
This was due to being pushed too far down while in a sitting position.
So nothing can help except not putting pressure on it till it is healed up good.

Now if you cracked a bone in your spine would you want to play pro football in 6-10 weeks ??
I think I would maybe come back in Dec, and maybe just take the year off.
If tony comes back too soon he is really not too bright.
They just did that last year, and broke the unhealed cb again, so do they want to re-break a spinal bone again??

I am all in on the Dak train, and the jones boys need to hop on that, over a vet or rushing tony back !

Tony can come back next year and be fully healed, also give his other injuries more time to heal up.

Dandy, FYI.....all vertebrae are part of the spine, no need to keep repeating that :)

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
The Jones are going to give Dak the reins while Romo is out. Absolutely no doubt about that. Rest your minds easy.

Doctor on ESPN is saying Tony needs to get checked for bone disease. Is really worried about it he said. Game over for Tony IMO and I'm a big time Romo supporter even when many here were ready to cast him aside. IMHO, it's time for Tony to hang them up.