Twitter: Stephen Jones - free agency an area they need to improve

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every free agent is available for a reason.. As for stock answers, that isn't unique to people associated with the Cowboys. They live in a world where a reporter is in their faces every day, and they have to say something. It's common to get through that kind of world with a lot of stock answers. We can't expect golden nuggets or great insight.
How many other owners and sons of owners do you see giving interviews? They do it out of desire, not necessity.

lukin2006

Reaction score
After 20+ years he figuring that out. I can't wait for Cleveland to win a super bowl, maybe then the Jones boys will realize how pathetic they are...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have zero doubt that the choice would be to work the phone for trades, I just don't think they are very proficient at playing the game of juggling personnel and salary cap and trades.
And what is their rep for trades? Galloway and Williams? I wouldn't put any faith in this brain trust to land even in a trade. You send Booger to the market with the cow, he won't even make it back with the beans, can of Spam is about the best you could hope for................missing that little key to open the can.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what is their rep for trades? Galloway and Williams? I wouldn't put any faith in this brain trust to land even in a trade. You send Booger to the market with the cow, he won't even make it back with the beans, can of Spam is about the best you could hope for................missing that little key to open the can.

I didn't say they were good at it.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
After 20+ years he figuring that out. I can't wait for Cleveland to win a super bowl, maybe then the Jones boys will realize how pathetic they are...
they won't because the Cowboys will still be #1 in revenue. That's what counts.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The Hardy,Thorton and Carroll stikeouts at the plate,makes me glad they're forced into relying on talent through the draft. I don't trust their judgment in FA. You don't fail that badly,where none of these guys fit in,and it all goes south 1,2,3 for nothing. Someone's judgment compass is broken. I mean I get Carroll was just a stop gap,but he wasn't even serviceable? One game and see ya. That's not a good way to run your business folks.

GORICO

Reaction score

Ummmmm yup

mr Loci---- here is how you do better...kick down a few more bucks and get better players...2 positions hyjacked our season last year...LT and linebacker..when its like that you pay more bucks to cover your butt...not bottom feed and end up cutting the players creating dead money...Look at Philly..from last to super bowl winners..pedal to the metal..quit managing and coaching and playing not to lose....and go out there and kick butt

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Thanks for link, would kick tires on:

Zach Brown, Attaochu, Mike Mauti, Pierre-Louis and Mo Wilkerson.
RQGrnMi.gif

GORICO

Reaction score
I'd rather they didn't fail.
mr Stash--- i found where you got that photo of red-ball....a beat-writer asked Jason "How did it make you feel when you were 1st down and goal to go and did not run Zeke once..and if you did time would have come off the clock and Aaron Rogers would not have beat you for the second time in a row"?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the Jones clan will never give up control of the team to any GM...but here is where they are so STUPID...they hire the dumbest head coaches. Especially the idiot they have in place now!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
the Jones clan will never give up control of the team to any GM...but here is where they are so STUPID...they hire the dumbest head coaches. Especially the idiot they have in place now!

Exactly, and that's the thing. If winning was everything, then they could pay for ANY coach they wanted with the money they have. They'd make SO MUCH more money if we would return to our winning ways (which hasn't happened since I was a little kid) that their eyes would water seeing how the team is now.