Twitter: Stephen Jones offered D.Lawrence 1year 10M

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That was a honest offer to Law. Dude hasnt been healthy in a long time. When was the last time he had double digit sacks? We literally finish last season without him. And we choose this greedy, selfish clown over Coop?

If you truly believe that you are completely ignorant about the free agent market. Lawrence gets at least $16M per (likely more) the first hours he is a free agent.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Disrespect, funny after "what he has done for the team", funny and really sad for a guy to say after zero contribution except suck cap space and underperform yearly and folks buy into it . And people say Jerry isn't in control. Jerry caved for one of his guys and folks are on Stevie for trying to do the right thing. What a screwed up GM/owner this team has. This is really sad and he should of been thrown out with the garbage.
Jerry would have caved for another one of his guys (Gregory) if Stephen didn't torpedo it.

As much as I don't like the Joneses and believe we are in horrible hands after Jerry, at least Stephen ruined that Gregory deal.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
DeMarcus Lawrence is disrespectful to the cowboys.

"It was disrespectful to me and for what I've done for the cowboys"

And what's that? Produce in your contract year, hold out and use surgery as a negotiation, then never come close to said season again while not being able to complete a full season since.

I will celebrate the day this clown is off the team.
I think he is a good player. Not great. Good. Team def overpaid. I like having players on this team with upside. Outside of Micah, Diggs Joseph, and maybe Odiggy, there isn't much upside to be hopeful. Definitely not any upside on the Offense. Maybe Lamb will overcome the dropsies. Outside of that. No upside.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
FN9EbiIXEAIizU6

lostar2009

Reaction score
If you truly believe that you are completely ignorant about the free agent market. Lawrence gets at least $16M per (likely more) first hours he is a free agent.

Its possible. But if Lawerence was playing for any other team he would have been release or traded by now. 3 years of under peformance by Law, missing almost all of last year and at the time having a NFL max contract. Man you guys can miss me on thus mess. At best a team will give him 15M with little gurantees. This guy wont make it pass training camp. At least RG was always healthy for the most part. His issues stem for what is now legal weed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you truly believe that you are completely ignorant about the free agent market. Lawrence gets at least $16M per (likely more) the first hours he is a free agent.
Everybody is in the market for a defensive end that's averaged 4 sacks a season after he signed a big contract...

I believe you are overrating our talent the same way our FO does.

D-Law, being older and more banged up, wouldn't have gotten more than Gregory.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Stephen is a cheapskate and will be problem. Jerry is good getting deals.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
. At best a team will give him 15M with little gurantees. This guy wont make it pass training camp. At least RG was always healthy for the most part. His issues stem for what is now legal weed.

You are absolutely wrong. RG got $14 and he's never had double digit sacks.

The rest of the leauge doesn't look at a stat sheet to evaluate a player like the know-it-alls here. They watch actual tape & Lawrence is a really good player.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL if only they exhibited this restraint when negotiating with Elliott.

Instead this wackadoodles handed him the largest TB contract in history.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can't keep up, are we cheering for Jerry now?

kevm3

Reaction score
Not surprising. Stephen tried playing hardball with several players on this team and lost over and over by having to pay them record contracts.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
"I got a family to raise"...

Dude, shut the heck up with that. Anyone that that can't "raise a family" on 10M/year is doing it wrong.

Plus, money has nothing to do with raising a family. Raising and supporting are not the same thing.

I despise Lawrence. They should have let him walk. I'd rather have players who want to win above all else.