Twitter: Stephen Jones offered D.Lawrence 1year 10M

Rayman70

Reaction score
Run defenders aren't hard to find. He got piad to get to the QB, something he hasn't done since his contract year.
apparently in Dallas they are . We need all hands on deck.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What I'd want in order:

- The Jones decide they want to all live on the yacht and cash in their multi-billion dollar investment in the Cowboys.

- Jerry, on his death bed, has an epiphany and makes Stephen hire a real GM.

- John Stephen has his father committed to an old person's home after Jerry passes and takes over.
Lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am not a DLAW fan since that season he held the team over a barrel refusing to get a shoulder surgery in the off season until he got his contract........thus delaying his return. We should have let him walk at that point. But Jerry jumped in to "save the day" and made him one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL.......... DLAW then promptly had his shoulder surgery, and he hasn't been the same caliber of player since.

Stephen's offer was probably the league's going rate on the guy and commiserate with his production since 2018. But, Jerry saved the day again.:facepalm:
I agree. Not a fan either, that said, hes here and all we can do is get the right pieces around him and help him.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Maybe Stephen didn't offer more because lawrence isn't worth more?

Scotman

Reaction score
Stephen has no business running anything more than a lemonade stand. And I’m not sure about that.

I stopped a lemonade stand a few years ago run by to entrepreneurial little girls...maybe 8 or 9 years old. One was behind their makeshift stand and the other was dancing around with a sign that shouted "LEMONADE!" They wanted a dollar a cup. I asked them if they would take 50 cents for half a cup. The two little girls huddled up and discussed my offer. Seriously discussed it. They came back and agreed to sell me half a cup for 50 cents, and reminded me that it was a really good deal because the cost of the paper cup was still the same as someone who spent a whole dollar. I paid them with a $10 bill and told them to keep the change.

As I walked away I heard one of the girls say to the other, "I told you that would work."

I am not sure Stephen could competently run a lemonade stand.

Reactions: CWR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A lot of you have learned nothing after the Dak contract about "worth". It's not about if a guy is "worth" a contract. Tank would get more than 10M on the open market, STILL.
Who cares what another idiot would pay? Doesn't mean you have to be stupid too. Tank is a good run defender but that is about all he is. Move a 3tech DT to his spot and you'll get the same production out of the LDE as long as the RDE still gets pressure which will if you have micah rush from that spot. or you can use basham at LDE and again get nearly the same production, same if we had kept armstrong. not saying they are as good but the drop off isn't very far. There are ways to get nearly the same production without paying him so much money is the point. But too late and now he's here, i just wish he'd produce upto his paycheck.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Never trust a man who wears old woman's glasses. When Tommy Boy takes over, it will be even worse.

Last edited:

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I said it in the other thread. The newly discovered hot daughter is our only hope to avert a generation of Stephen's unmitigated disastrous management.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
apparently in Dallas they are . We need all hands on deck.
That line is thinking is why they have cap problems.

Refuse to pay for high end FAs but overpay our own mediocre players.

You don't pay big money to run stuffing DEs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen: U take pay cut?

Lawrence: No

Stephen: k

Lawrence: You cut?

Stephen: No

Lawrence: k

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Tank is a good run defender but that is about all he is.

He can rush the passer. I don't know where ya'll are getting this crap from. Tunnel vision on sack stat. Turnovers double when he's on the field. Why do you think that is? It's because he is forcing QBs into errant throws.

Ken

Reaction score
Yall are crazy.
Von miller had more sacks in the playoffs than Dlaw had the entire season last year (8 games).

Twice as much if you subtract the Eagles JV team sack (dak clause).

Zordon

Reaction score
I trust the grandkids more than Stephen. Hell, let's bring Junior from the shadows and give him a shot. Anyone but Stephen.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I don’t see why anybody has an issue with this. I wonder if anyone who does have an issue with it runs their own business. It’s called negotiation. Stephen offered 1 year 10 million. I’m sure Tank was fine with his contract where it was. They met in the middle.
You think mark cuban started negotiations with Luka at 1 million?

kskboys

Reaction score
He can rush the passer. I don't know where ya'll are getting this crap from. Tunnel vision on sack stat. Turnovers double when he's on the field. Why do you think that is? It's because he is forcing QBs into errant throws.
Yeah, DLaw is a very good player. Our D gets much better when he plays.

kskboys

Reaction score
Enjoy Cowboys fans! We're getting a glimpse of life after Jerry. Stephen ain't gonna be about winning. Just trying to protect the family fortune.

Same way Jerry had to step in to get RG done and Stephen sabotaged it.
That doesn't make sense. We're going to spend the same no matter how much we pay an individual player. I don't get why you think this has anything to do w/ their personal finances.