Twitter: Stephen Jones offered D.Lawrence 1year 10M

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
And? That’s pretty fair for what he’s done. Dude don’t hardly every get any sacks. How many 10 sack seasons? 1? Maybe 2 without looking

Ekspozed

Reaction score
He obviously is worth more since they gave him a better contract. What's the solution? Let him walk, let Randy Gregory walk and try to patch up the Oline, WR and defense in the draft while also signing 20 bargain bin free agents that never make the team?
When was the last time either played a full season or had 10 sacks? Sorry you aren't missing much by losing them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People are upset with Stephen but I don’t know why all you do is talk about who’s overpaid….being cheap like Stephen seems to be the way to go…..y’all should love it.

DanA

Reaction score
The first offer should have been 3 for 35m two years guaranteed. That’s a reasonable offer slightly on the low side. 1 yr 10m is just insulting in the context of the market.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Players feeling disrespected by SJ during contract negotiations is common.

Plankton

Reaction score
H7LN5EY2LRHQ3DLNCOYCCSEKCA.JPG

And get this.....he actually wanted to be paid!!!!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The first offer should have been 3 for 35m two years guaranteed. That’s a reasonable offer slightly on the low side. 1 yr 10m is just insulting in the context of the market.

INsulting? How insulting was the money we paid him for the performance we got the last couple years since he held the team hostage with his shoulder injury?

vlad

Reaction score
Stephen is the worst, calling him a clown is an insult to clowns everywhere

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Business is all about relationships. You win more with honey than you do with vinegar. There is a time and a place to play hardball— and a time and a place to compromise.

Stephen appears to be getting more and more crusty as he ages. Stubborn. Arrogant. Unwilling to yield. This offseason has been a nightmare…. Not just the decisions made— but the bedside manner displayed in the process of those decisions.

Yikes… if this is a glimpse of life after Jerry, we truly are descending down the crapper with no light at the end of the sewer.
You forgot lazy. Anyone who sends their supposed jewel of their free agent class to the cap nerd is unquestionably entitled.

kevm3

Reaction score
When was the last time either played a full season or had 10 sacks? Sorry you aren't missing much by losing them.

We are if we don't have a replacement. You can't lose Randy Gregory, Demarcus Lawrence, Amari Cooper, and Cedrick Wilson and have no real replacement and expect the team to be better.

Reactions: CWR

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I remember the good old days.

The salad days when people thought Stephen Jones was going to be better.

At this point I actually think it will get worse once Jerry is no longer able to do what he does. And that gives me a sick feeling inside.

Big_D

Reaction score
I didn’t think you can find a bigger POS than Jerry!

Stephen: “Hold my beer”

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You forgot lazy. Anyone who sends their supposed jewel of their free agent class to the cap nerd is unquestionably entitled.

Or we just didn’t want him. That’s the direction I’m leaning. I’m hoping Stephen isn’t this big of a $@#% up.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Kids get ready. Stephen is going to be a lot worse than Jerry.