Twitter: Stephen Jones offered D.Lawrence 1year 10M

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry and Stephen together is a good balance. Jerry likes making splashes, throwing money around, and making players feel the love. Stephen is all about penny pinching and mitigating risk.

Stephen alone sounds like a disaster so we really should go all in with Jerry.
Stevie is not a great FB man. He is an accountant. We need Will McClay neg. these deals.

CWR

Reaction score
who9 cares it hit 40 million... we also were lower onj his salary with being franchised. Add the last year of his rookie deal being cheap, the year of being franchised and those years from his contract, and that is pretty reasonable.

I'm not positive but he may have been franchised twice. Law has done very well in Dallas. He has zero room to complain.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
just cause your willing to do something stupid doesn't mean everyone has to follow you.
stupid in your eyes... obviously not the Broncos. Right, all these teams are full of idiots. If only they came here and got their info from those in the know.

jnday

Reaction score

I think that DLaw’s salary is disrespectful. He has been payed twice the amount that he deserved over the last few years and his production has been very average. He also misses a lot of games with injuries. His contract was one of the worst in team history, especially considering his level of play.

CWR

Reaction score
One MONUMENTAL tidbit that is overlooked in this video is;

Jerry is absolutely, unequivocally still calling the shots in Dallas. Lol Law confirmed that nice and tiddy.

coult44

Reaction score
DeMarcus Lawrence is disrespectful to the cowboys.

"It was disrespectful to me and for what I've done for the cowboys"

And what's that? Produce in your contract year, hold out and use surgery as a negotiation, then never come close to said season again while not being able to complete a full season since.

I will celebrate the day this clown is off the team.

You hate every player we have, especially the outspoken ones. Oh wait, you like Martin, and Smith, some younger guys maybe. Just admit it, you are from the old school way where you don’t want to hear guys say anything at all, especially when it comes to being critical of FO, or even money. That’s not what this generation is like. Gotta get with the modern age bruh. Tank has been one of our better players over the past few years. He’s been too 7-10 in the NFL for a real years as well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
stupid in your eyes... obviously not the Broncos. Right, all these teams are full of idiots. If only they came here and got their info from those in the know.

Yes they are. save this post and remind me how right they are when they cut this dude in 2 years.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Stephen has no business running anything more than a lemonade stand. And I’m not sure about that.

I outsold Stephen Jones by 20 people. So no!! He can't even run a Lemonade Stand.

CWR

Reaction score

Put me in coach. All I need is an opportunity. I've got 8 fantasy football champion belts.

J-man

Reaction score
hmmm I this about SJ being stupid and JJ saving the day? Or is it more like SJ was trying to get a better deal done and JJ stepped in and screwed it up again?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Stephen has no business running anything more than a lemonade stand. And I’m not sure about that.

The saying here in the UK for an incompetent fool is, couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery… and it’s almost as if that saying was invented waiting for Stephen Jones to be born.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stephen strikes me like a wolf hiding in the tall grass, so to speak. I think he has a nasty side of him that players don't trust. :omg:

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
I don't care for Stevie but Jerry is the team destroyer it's really sad when Stevie is the voice of reason in the room but when looking back at other contracts Jerry is the reason they are saddled with contracts like Zeke, Dlaw, Jaylon and Dak, Jerry still thinks he has a championship roster with his guys and his belief he is a super football guy just feeds is ego and it's not stopping while he's above ground.

This is just not correct. Yes Jerry has the final say, and a lot of times the initial say. But the contracts have been being done for several years by SJ. Especially with all the guys you mentioned. Blame Jerry for almost everything, but SJ is the writer/creator of all these deals

Praxit

Reaction score
..maybe Steph was right? I mean, War Daddy hasn't done anything since his Payday anyways. I know he plays hard, but needs extra gear when it counts.

For the money he's making, 5-6 sacks a year is robbing the bank.

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
Enjoy Cowboys fans! We're getting a glimpse of life after Jerry. Stephen ain't gonna be about winning. Just trying to protect the family fortune.

Same way Jerry had to step in to get RG done and Stephen sabotaged it.

Ya, it's worked out so well with Jerry running the show the last 25 years. I'll take my chances with someone else.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Cowboys penny pinching again and again, meanwhile Bucs adding premium talent 20 million over the cap. CapBoy is a scourge and the team will never win with him unless he changes.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Anyone with half a brain would have known that offering Dlaw 1 year 10 million would have been viewed as an insult. Stephen seems to lack any sort of awareness at the negotiating table.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
As much as some of you Hate Jerry we are in deep **** once he’s gone and Stephen is in charge. He’s so much worse. The dude literally doesn’t even try.