Twitter: Stephen Jones offered D.Lawrence 1year 10M

bewp7

Reaction score
oh boy

we are all going to miss jerry after crap on him so much i can see how this will go

Redline360

Reaction score
Disrespectful?

Lmao dude who holds put with injury and hasn't come close to living up to his contract. ****

Only way he would be worth your contract if he got to play the giants 16 games a year since he balls out against them

dacoming

Reaction score

I'm discouraged now about the team after Jerry after hearing this. That was an insulting offer and with what happened regarding Gregory, it's becoming clear who the problem is. I understand trying to get a good deal for the team but come on man!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Business is all about relationships. You win more with honey than you do with vinegar. There is a time and a place to play hardball— and a time and a place to compromise.

Stephen appears to be getting more and more crusty as he ages. Stubborn. Arrogant. Unwilling to yield. This offseason has been a nightmare…. Not just the decisions made— but the bedside manner displayed in the process of those decisions.

Yikes… if this is a glimpse of life after Jerry, we truly are descending down the crapper with no light at the end of the sewer.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I don’t see why anybody has an issue with this. I wonder if anyone who does have an issue with it runs their own business. It’s called negotiation. Stephen offered 1 year 10 million. I’m sure Tank was fine with his contract where it was. They met in the middle.
This is a relationship business, it's not like negotiating the price of a car. When you lowball the salesman and yall eventually agree on a price you don't have to see them again so you don't care about the relationship. This is different.

birdwells1

Reaction score
"I got a family to raise"...

Dude, shut the heck up with that. Anyone that that can't "raise a family" on 10M/year is doing it wrong.

Plus, money has nothing to do with raising a family. Raising and supporting are not the same thing.

I despise Lawrence. They should have let him walk. I'd rather have players who want to win above all else.
So you would take 10 million when you're worth 15 million?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Ya, it's worked out so well with Jerry running the show the last 25 years. I'll take my chances with someone else.
Yep, I hope you got 25 more years on you. You're more likely to die waiting on his son to do things the right way too.

Brax

Reaction score
Stephen is the reason we're saddled with Dak's massive contract. We could have signed Dak for much cheaper, but he kept franchising Dak. With the kind of moves Stephen is making, he's eroding good will from the players and soon they will avoid taking any kind of discount and start demanding massive money to stay around. The Cowboys are not a winning franchise these days and when you start lowballing players, you're putting them in a situation to where they will return the favor by ramping up the costs.
Jerry paid Dak not SJ, massive money Jerry is paying for good players not elite, it appears if you take off the blinders Jerry is the problem not Stevie, Zeke, Jaylon, Dal Dlaw those are Jerry's guys who Jerry over values, SJ offered fair money and the players know Jerry will pay if they just hold out. Want to know why the Cowboys are a mediocre team it's because Jerry keeps overriding Stevie in his negotiations hence the paying for the Daks, Zekes and Dlaws that are handicapping the team with average play and performance well below contract value. Wake up Dak wasn't taking anything less that he got and you have Jerry to thank for that, all the players know Jerry will cave because of his twisted ego to build a winner in his mind with his guys so he gets the credit meanwhile the players are laughing all the way to the bank.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Business is all about relationships. You win more with honey than you do with vinegar. There is a time and a place to play hardball— and a time and a place to compromise.

Stephen appears to be getting more and more crusty as he ages. Stubborn. Arrogant. Unwilling to yield. This offseason has been a nightmare…. Not just the decisions made— but the bedside manner displayed in the process of those decisions.

Yikes… if this is a glimpse of life after Jerry, we truly are descending down the crapper with no light at the end of the sewer.

He is a grouchy, scorned SOB isn't he? Imagine him and La'el Collins at the negotiating table....

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jr has tried multiple times to spike Jerry's kool aid but the old bat keeps waking up in the morning

Brax

Reaction score
This is just not correct. Yes Jerry has the final say, and a lot of times the initial say. But the contracts have been being done for several years by SJ. Especially with all the guys you mentioned. Blame Jerry for almost everything, but SJ is the writer/creator of all these deals
So you say, but to me Jerry has his finger in every pie and if you believe Jerry doesn't read every offer before presentation and does what he wants in the end so be it, that's why the team has so many average players making elite money and underperforming. It's Jerry's version of good cop bad cop and the players know Jerry will overpay because then Jerry's ego is satisfied and he's the big man in his warped mind.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You mean besides his 8 elite pass rush years that garnered 48.5 sacks?

Well he did try to start a weird pedo-like nickname for the DL.
You'd think a guy with "8 elite pass rush years" would have more than 2 Pro Bowls to his name, no?

He's had 1 elite pass rush year and 1 good pass rush year. He's had 6 meh pass rush years.