Twitter: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan - 10/7/19

Rayman70

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
  • COO Stephen Jones says the fans have every right to be disappointed with how they played yesterday.
  • "We got a lot of confidence that we have a really good football team here, we just have to clean some things up,"
  • "We're very fortunate to have Dak. We're going to win a lot of games with him. We just had some unfortunate things happen (in yesterday's loss)."
  • Stephen Jones says they aren't considering making any moves on special teams in regards to punter Chris Jones and kicker Brett Maher.
  • Is Garrett on the hot-seat? "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," Stephen Jones.
  • Stephen Jones to the fans who are upset: "Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come."
:lmao::lmao::lmao:shiet...wash rinse repeat..MY GAWD.

EGTuna

Reaction score
  • COO Stephen Jones says the fans have every right to be disappointed with how they played yesterday. And we are.
  • "We got a lot of confidence that we have a really good football team here, we just have to clean some things up," Nah. You're all overrated due to the proud history of this franchise. If the colors and the helmet were different, you'd be regarded like the Titans.
  • "We're very fortunate to have Dak. We're going to win a lot of games with him. We just had some unfortunate things happen (in yesterday's loss)." Yeah, probably. But you should have signed at the end of last year. Now he's playing for a deal, and it's clearly making him take riskier, less ideal throws on 1st and 2nd down.
  • Stephen Jones says they aren't considering making any moves on special teams in regards to punter Chris Jones and kicker Brett Maher. Yeah, why search for something better.
  • Is Garrett on the hot-seat? "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," Stephen Jones. Lies. Of course he's on the hot seat, else he wouldn't be a lame duck coach. Let me know the last NFL team that succeeded with a lame duck coach.
  • Stephen Jones to the fans who are upset: "Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come." This team is consistent at self-destruction. Can we be more inconsistent with that, please? We'll hang in there, coz we don't have a choice. But forgive me for not believing that "the best is yet to come." The schedule is brutal with 3 more vs the NFC North, 2x vs Philly, LARams, Pats and a tough Bills defense. Hang in there for 8-8 or 7-9? Should be fun.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
"Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come."

in laymans terms keep spending that money on us, buy our crap and we promise it'll all turn out ok just no time table on when that will be happening, but hey keep BUYING COWBOY CRAP!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thongs on a warthog is an actual thing?
No, it's one of my references to the epitome of uselessness. Lipstick on a pig wasn't enough for me, needed more and is there an uglier animal/butt combo? Mandrill baboon butt is bad and a chimpanzee raging roid butt is gross, but a warthog combo is the worst. Lions have to wear blindfolds to eat them so I couldn't use blindfold on a lion.

Sydla

Reaction score
Stephen, who is going to correct these things?

Just curious. Because it's largely the same coaches each year and every year they have to "correct" things and often times they don't get corrected.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in laymans terms keep spending that money on us, buy our crap and we promise it'll all turn out ok just no time table on when that will be happening, but hey keep BUYING COWBOY CRAP!
And plenty do so the sheep have no case to complaining being sheared.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I got a really crazy idea.

Hear me out. I know it will be nuts but I think it may pay dividends so don't stop reading until the end.

How about instead of playing hard when the game is about to get ugly, how about you play hard when the score is 0-0?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well DUH now THAT is not part of the "process" move along with your absurdly, absurd ideas... WHO MADE YOU A HC!!

willia451

Reaction score
NyzmXKy.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stephen, who is going to correct these things?

Just curious. Because it's largely the same coaches each year and every year they have to "correct" things and often times they don't get corrected.
the same folks who got us into this mess lmao...square peg round hole syndrome..and expecting better results. THE TRUE DEFINITION OF INSANITY.

Rayman70

Reaction score
DURING THE WEEK the coaches on defense apparently either aren't getting thru to the players or its the scheme. I TEND TO THINK its more scheme.