Twitter: Stephen Jones on adding depth at LT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s not what he said. That’s what the writer wrote. Look for the quotes, not the opinions. I’m holding out hope the team isn’t stupid enough to go into the season without adding an OL that can at a minim7m compete for a starting job

I read the whole quote. He talked about getting a depth piece.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Poor biadasz? I think he has been part of the problem as well I’d rather have fairnark however you spell it

The GREAT Farniok!!!

Tell me, do you think the GREAT Farniok would have had some issues blocking the best DT's in the NFL his first year starting?

Farniok is a scrub.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So is Biadasz

Right now he is a JAG. But he is better than Farniok two years running and it hasnt been close. This is the year he has to take the leap or we need to start looking in another direction. Cant have a JAG at center.

starfan1

Reaction score
Right now he is a JAG. But he is better than Farniok two years running and it hasnt been close. This is the year he has to take the leap or we need to start looking in another direction. Cant have a JAG at center.
We’ll see! I think farniok is stronger but maybe Tyler got stronger

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Jones's ruin everything they touch.
that would be 100% untrue. exaggerate much??

they took downtrodden team from 1-5 to 3 SBs in 4 years they touched that , he also has a HOF jacket as an influential NFL owner and about 12+ successful business that made them billionaires many times over..the team was bought for how much? 400k can't remember now worth like 8 billion..id say things they touch seems to be the opposite of ruined.

conner01

Reaction score
We have seen nothing to indicate that what Jones will do. The opposite in fact. I wouldnt get your hopes up.
Several times over the years when he’s seen a problem he’s reached out to fix it. That’s why we went and got cooper. I’m not a fan of doing it in a panic or giving up multiple premium picks to fix a problem but I think he either fixes now or he will be fixing it 6 weeks from now
I don’t think smith to tackle and MCGovern to guard is the answer myself
Smith may end up being a good tackle but I’d prefer he stayed at guard this year
But we shall see how it goes

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
so after bad play from our OL in 21', we'll have down grades at LT & LG and likley swing tackle in 2022.

Should be a fun season.
Don't forget RT. Not sure why so many loved the fact they got rid of a top 5-10 RT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Several times over the years when he’s seen a problem he’s reached out to fix it. That’s why we went and got cooper. I’m not a fan of doing it in a panic or giving up multiple premium picks to fix a problem but I think he either fixes now or he will be fixing it 6 weeks from now
I don’t think smith to tackle and MCGovern to guard is the answer myself
Smith may end up being a good tackle but I’d prefer he stayed at guard this year
But we shall see how it goes
Not lately.

Asklesko

Reaction score
The Jones's ruin everything they touch.

to the tune of 8.5 billion dollahs
0895186001452624135_filepicker.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They played him at guard because they wanted to get him on the field and he had to get reps there since he hadn't played it since HS. Tackle is what he played all college. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
no they intended on playing him at guard, but it is possible they felt they could move him over to tackle as needed.

Dre11

Reaction score
no they intended on playing him at guard, but it is possible they felt they could move him over to tackle as needed.

Again, he was only playing guard to get on the field, he was drafted as a LT and Tyron's replacement. They didn't want him sitting.

ICP

Reaction score
Certainly, certainly, certainly you and you Pa are idiots!

Reactions: BAT

J-man

Reaction score
I say your vision is blinded if you think that Peters has always stunk.

I base this on how the media talks about him glowingly. Like he's as good as a healthy Tyron Smith. Which is a joke. Peters has been injured even more than Smith and he has never been anywhere near as good a player. He can run block well, mainly because he's so big. But he's never been a very good pass protector. I just irks me that the talking heads think he's that caliber or on the same level of the really good OT's when he clearly isn't.

LittleD

Reaction score
I'd just like to see us add a vet as depth at least. Don't think anyone could feel comfortable with Ball and Waletzko at this point, and we have no idea how Tyler will fare.

Sorry, there are NO vets out there worth a look. At least not until after week 1.