Stephen Jones on Dak's contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was absolutely nothing committal to what Stephen said. Nothing.

I'm one of the few non-Dak haters left around here, but you are misunderstanding S-Jones' comments if you think it's a big positive for Dak.
Yep, he's basically saying that Dakko is playing for his job esp after the Trey trade....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait
If they truly love and believe in Mr. Prescott why wasn't this done before the season started? Why wasn't it done during the bye?
Maybe the truth will reveal itself by seasons end.
Spring 2024...............
Dakko screaming.......................ZEKE wait for me here I come down the FA road, buddy.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds about right. Lower that $60M cap hit. Should still draft a QB if there's someone we like.

Dream on as this is NOT good news for you.
Can you say pre-June 1st 2024 cut?
You better start preparing yourself as the news will hit you hard.................BOOM!

LysleE

Reaction score
Paying a system QB who requires a ton of support to function and has never lead the team to a NFC Conference game in excess of $40MM per year is ludicrous.

There is no QB succession plan in place, nor is there another QB ready to challenge Dak for playing time…don’t see how Dallas can pay Dak while having to pay all the pieces around him as well.

We fans should prepare ourselves for another 4 years of mediocrity…but hey, the Cowboys have won 12 games for the past two-years, so all is well at The Star.

T-RO

Reaction score
"Once the season is over, we will focus on that. Dak will be our quarterback.
And you believe that Stephen is 100% committed to that statement, irrespective of the results of the season?

If so...I've got some farm country for sale that I think might be perfect for you...

There are two realities the Jones family understands well right now:
1. Dak might be good, but is he good enough for the next step?
2. If enough fans bail on their belief on Dak...how can the Cowboys keep investing on him, when it impacts ratings, ticket sales, and merchandise sales?

I could write a 10 page post on this topic as it's very involved with lots of moving parts. But trust me: Stephen's comments this week constitute a big fat zero-burrito.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
I pray to god I don't live that long.
Statements like this is hard to understand . This is entertainment nothing more. You would just as soon die than follow your team for another 6 years?

Just follow someone else if it bothers you that much

To each their own. I guess

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Yeah, the Eagles are so thrilled about continuing to face a QB who has an 8-3 record against them!

That 40-piece Dak put on their defense to ruin their Christmas? They totally want more of that!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Lol I'm sure they were worried about yet another meaningless "Dak Stat" as they were playing in multiple super bowls. Sad.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
They will say “ it’s a team game “ until it’s “ he owns the eagles “ then it’s him alone and not the team.
Post #37 right above your post just gave Dak sole credit for the win last week. Dak carried the team to victory all by himself. I guess leading your offense to a measly 14 points is to be considered noteworthy these days. And no credit goes to the defense for holding their opponent to 17 points or less.

Yep, Dak is the man. The franchise would cease to exist without him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Post #37 right above your post just gave Dak sole credit for the win last week. Dak carried the team to victory all by himself. I guess leading your offense to a measly 14 points is to be considered noteworthy these days. And no credit goes to the defense for holding their opponent to 17 points or less.

Yep, Dak is the man. The franchise would cease to exist without him.
So there is some pee wee Herman worship here...did he play football too?

This is for your certain crap reply: :popcorn:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Statements like this is hard to understand . This is entertainment nothing more. You would just as soon die than follow your team for another 6 years?

Just follow someone else if it bothers you that much

To each their own. I guess
Watching my favorite team waste their present and future on a POS QB like Dak is tantamount to torture. It makes my quality of life less than.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lol I'm sure they were worried about yet another meaningless "Dak Stat" as they were playing in multiple super bowls. Sad.
Yes, we shall see...the Coach holding a Super Bowl Trophy has a couple trophies in Kansas City. :thumbup:

starfan1

Reaction score
Watching my favorite team waste their present and future on a POS QB like Dak is tantamount to torture. It makes my quality of life less than.
I guess I’m just cut different it’s not that serious to me and they are my favorite team as well. I endured the time between aikman and Romo
For that matter I endured Romo and I can endure Dak
Or I can change the channel. I got choices