Stephen Jones on defense changes

Carson

Reaction score
And when are we going to acquire two more linebackers and bigger guys in the middle?
You only need one more linebacker. But you also need to add another DT.

Overshown, Kendrick’s, Clark, Micah and a Rookie (Wilson, Grey type) will make up your LBs.

Overshown - Kendrick’s - Rookie/Micah with Clark as depth.

Osa and Mazi will start. Golston and Fehoko likely get some snaps at 3T. But we need an upgrade over Davis.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have little confidence in the defense especially with Zimmer. Nothing has cost us more games in the playoffs the past 2+ decades than the defense.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Bigger and stronger in the middle. What a radical thought. Little Enos really is ahead of his time

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Maybe if he had these thoughts years ago, we'd be hosting more Superbowl rings instead of talking about the ones we already have!! More is better!!

JeffInDC

Reaction score
As crazy as this may sound, I would try to trade Osa for draft capital. I honestly don’t think he fits what Zimmer wants. I’d try to replace him with a naturally bigger and stronger version of what Osa is - the way he wears down by mid season is alarming. I believe Murphy, Newton, Ruke, Fiske, and even Dwayne Carter could give you what you get from Osa in naturally bigger and stronger frames since they’re all NATURALLY 295+ (remember, Osa was 280 when he got drafted). Just my $.02.

Big_D

Reaction score
People want to rip on Zimmer but this is him. The Cowboys never cared about size in the middle. Now all of a sudden these clowns figured it out? I'm sure Mike is very particular about Mazi getting back to a legitimate weight also. This will be a very different defense. At least that front 7 should look better for a change.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Starters - Hendricks, Overshown, Clarke?

Where is the depth? Going to end up moving Bell back and be same as last year. LOL