Stephen Jones on defense changes

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, wonder if he thought of that himself and came to that realization, or did he and Jerry have a meeting and come to this obvious conclusion?.... These two never cease to amaze me with the amount of manure that comes out of their pie hole.

They should have known this decades ago and saved us all the pain, heartache and PTSD symptoms that have followed. Stephen just needs to set up a burner account on CZ and he will find some good ideas once in a while.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Don't worry, Success doesn't come without failure. We'll keep fielding a team that isn't on the QB's talent level for many years to come....hard times are coming! HERE WE GO!
Sure Dak is too blame also but i cringe when i see people say "We have 3 LB's on the team" like that means they are good at that position. Kinda like saying " We have a center on the team" yeah we do but can he do the job?

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Why? Zimmer has led some of the Top Defensive Units over the last decade. Seems to be a guy that gets the most out what he’s given to work with.
I think Zimmer is the right man to turn this defense around , the draft will tell us alot about what way Zimmer wants to go.Big DT and LB should be a given.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He will get a shot, old boy.
But the UT lad is 1 1/2 years removed from actual football. Talk about a project.
And I forgot: coming off a season ending injury. With all the expectoration about drafting a linebacker, I would think Zim thinks we are thin at linebackers, and I see Overshown as odd man out when it comes to size and the all-important experience.

Majic

Reaction score
Stanback on TC mentioned he'd heard it would be more 3-4 philosophy with Micah standing up at OLB

plymkr

Reaction score
When the Joneses start talking football, I cringe.

You know what this sounds like to me? "We are at war with EastAsia. We have always been at war with EastAsia."
When the Jones talk I cringe.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a clown. ….. as if he has a clue……

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dallas has the most hateful fans.
He said something all fans wanted to hear. And all some can do is hate and whine about it.

Be a fan, and say, yes this is great to hear.

But I know how this post will turn out.
Well. For one. This further proves Stephen has no idea what on earth he is talking about and gives that story about the draft and the trade call to Stephen even more believable.

Modern defenses don’t use 3 linebackers. This guy has no idea what he’s talking about.

You know what would make me a fan? Not having to listen to Stephen or his father further destroy this fan base with their lies, and for them to not destroy this once great franchise more than they already have by turning them into a money generating marketing machine that plays football on the side.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Put Parsons at his natural position of LB and let him help with run D and rush Qb from different areas. That immediately helps LB position depth and should help him from wearing down.
Focus on O and D linemen in draft and fill other positions of needs like TE :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well. For one. This further proves Stephen has no idea what on earth he is talking about and gives that story about the draft and the trade call to Stephen even more believable.

Modern defenses don’t use 3 linebackers. This guy has no idea what he’s talking about.

You know what would make me a fan? Not having to listen to Stephen or his father further destroy this fan base with their lies, and for them to not destroy this once great franchise more than they already have by turning them into a money generating marketing machine that plays football on the side.
Modern defenses. Tell us what the modern defenses do. I see the traditional 3 LB defense used quite a bit if a 4-3.
He knows more what he is talking about than most, if not all fans on here. You can choose not to listen to them, nor read anything on here when posted.

All I am saying he said what most want to hear, and all they do is is whine.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Put Parsons at his natural position of LB and let him help with run D and rush Qb from different areas. That immediately helps LB position depth and should help him from wearing down.
Focus on O and D linemen in draft and fill other positions of needs like TE :laugh:
That is exactly right, I think Zimmer will make Parsons an even better player.Parsons should blitz from the LB and DE position at times. Disguise blitz instead of letting the other team know what you are going to do, will do wonders for this defense.