Twitter: Stephen Jones on looking outside the building

TexasBacon

Reaction score
They couldn't afford Henry so how are they going to pay someone else to come in.
.....because they have like $20m in cap space after signing 4 and 88... They can afford a good DT. I'd call Cleveland and offer a 2nd or 3rd for Dalvin Tomlinson and Amari Cooper.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Well he is not wrong. Of course they should have signed every available FA this offseason just in case of injury but they didn't and we have had 3 injuries to the same group.. which is hard to overcome regardless of which position group it is for any team. My guess is no team is 8-9 deep at starting DE caliber players. And at week 4, teams aren't trading players they might in weeks 7-8. We will have to go with who we have and weather the storm and make adjustments to overcome the weakness.

Carson

Reaction score
They likely bring back Muhammad.

He has to serve 1 more game, but nobody they sign is likely ready for Sunday night

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
in all fairness, how do you replace lawrence?

this is now your call and you get to fix it however you wish - EXCEPT go back and say they're stupid for not having someone already.

it sucks. it really does. he won't be easy to replace, no. but if we're honest about the defense, we were in a free fall before he got hurt. whether he got hurt or not i am not sure our defense would ever be what a true top team needs.

you only trade if you feel this team has a chance.

if you felt this team had a chance, you'd have gotten a RB.

2024 continues.
I think Kneeland may be good enough to fill the void for Lawrence. Clearly nobody is replacing Micah so what they need to look at is guys that can keep the boat above water for now, and serve as the depth that they already needed later in the season.

There's no easy answer.

The defense has looked good against lesser opponents, and got ran out of the building by stronger offenses. Was it lack of familiarity with the scheme? Is there a talent deficit? (I think there is in the trenches.) I guess the biggest question is whether this unit can be salvaged. I believe it can with the right moves at DT and DE. Bland is coming back soon, linebacker play is night and day from last year. They just came into this season a little light in the britches in the trenches, and they have an opportunity and an excuse to address that right now. Will they? Well....I really doubt they do anything that moves the needle, but I've been proven wrong before.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
First Keeland is going to have to play way more snaps. He's at about 40% now, it will need to go up to 60-70%. My guess is Lawson spells him on passing downs.

You other options and end are Golson, Wheat, and Watkins. Golson's snap should go up.
next man up - there are simply no "good" options here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think Kneeland may be good enough to fill the void for Lawrence. Clearly nobody is replacing Micah so what they need to look at is guys that can keep the boat above water for now, and serve as the depth that they already needed later in the season.

There's no easy answer.

The defense has looked good against lesser opponents, and got ran out of the building by stronger offenses. Was it lack of familiarity with the scheme? Is there a talent deficit? (I think there is in the trenches.) I guess the biggest question is whether this unit can be salvaged. I believe it can with the right moves at DT and DE. Bland is coming back soon, linebacker play is night and day from last year. They just came into this season a little light in the britches in the trenches, and they have an opportunity and an excuse to address that right now. Will they? Well....I really doubt they do anything that moves the needle, but I've been proven wrong before.
zimmer has been around since before denim was made. aspects of his defense have to be known and understood by a professional player.

but no, there is no easy answer. my big hope is jones doesn't trade for someone thinking this season can be saved. but after paying out what he has lately, that made 0 since in conjunction with his moves.

mystery as always in our FO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In other words, they are not going to do anything unless someone comes to them to talk trade.

I've said it before, JJ and SJ are a lazy front office
actually, we all said this because it's true so why are you mocking people that know more about running a football team than you do it's too early in the season to try to get a good player from a team still in the Hut do you not understand what he meant that's what he means if they were willing to someone they'll for sure call the Cowboys but most of the time it's gonna be a waste of time four games into the season to try to get a team to give up a player when they're all in it as a matter of fact this is a weak year for the entire league there's no dominant team everybody has a shot but those that have a player they're willing to give up might be 20% of the league and right now they're still in it...

I really truly don't understand why fans don't get it they take every shot they can when Jerry Jones is absolutely correct no one's willing to give up players this time of year especially in this season and yet you all don't get it we were saying that immediately after it happened most fans actually get it and don't blame them for everything.. You want them to take a premier pass rusher which by the way give me your list tell me the teams and then we'll tell you how those teams are still in it and they're not gonna deal you a player out there team right now that's probably another three or four weeks from now that's why these things typically happen either before the season or really close to the trade deadline teams will know then they pretty much don't have much left and there are very few teams that are gonna have a premier pass rush so they're willing to give up but they're not doing until then Jesus Christ people that's what I've been trying to tell you... It's not lazy it's absolutely a fact we're gonna have to go get one of the free agents that are available I put a list on some of the other sites or we get somebody off somebody's practice squad like Yannick janoku off the Ravens someone like that or it's only thing you can do right now that's what Jerry meant and Jerry and Steven are 100% right I mean it's funny when this has happened that some fans already were talking about this immediately after the game and you have to take a shot at Jerry and Stephen because you're jealous they run a $10 billion team you happen to pull for but you're clueless and delusional how to run 1...

blueblood70

Reaction score
But wait, didn't they say they were all in before? Then why would anyone truly believe them now?

I swear both Jerry and Stephen wear asbestos pants to prevent their lies catching their trousers on fire.
You guys have no idea what you're talking about literally if you read it with your eyes open and your head out of your **** and stop blaming them for saying something that's absolutely true teams do not deal premier players when they're all still in the race he's saying if one chooses to do so they'll contact him but that's not normal especially this year with everybody being in it the NFL is kind of weak right now everyone's in like a bunch right now they just don't give up good players while they're still in the Hunt.

That's what he meant that people are not willing to give up players and that they're gonna have to go elsewhere in free agency or off the practice squad where there is actually like 3 or 4 that can help out and these aren't seizing ending injuries for us either and we're about to get bland back but you guys are all delusional and clueless at the same time that you read things that aren't the....it all out it's the truth it's a fact..